The FastDay Forum

Getting Sweaty! Exercise & Fitness

77 posts Page 3 of 6
It's 22.39 and I have arrived home from 16 hour day at work - I'm on it now - dead fly exercises on lounge floor and knee exercises too. It's a fast day .......... first liquid day ever, no time to eat you :wink:

Good luck you challengers!

Phew. x
I REALLY didnt want to do the challenge today. I had a nice few hours shopping (3 nieces birthdays), a nicer hour forraging and then home to a proper comfort food dinner of toad in the hole. After that I just wanted to veg on the couch. If it wasnt for the fact I am reporting into you all, then I probably would have bottled it! I am actually sore EVERYWHERE. Its hard to get up off the loo and the stairs are a killer. But its only a 12 min video each day. I had to grit my teeth, but its done for today. Phew!

I have just finished the plyometric cardio circuit! I can't move. I have no idea how I am going to get up the stairs, let alone crawl into the shower. The only things that work are my fingers. I may just spend the night on the living room floor, shaking and groaning as my muscles seize up. But I had to log on and tell my fellow challengers that I did not make any excuses and I did it. In fact at one point I really enjoyed it ( that may have been the end bit)., apparently it's cardio power tomorrow..... Oh whoopie (NOT)
Um, I've woken up with a strange fluttery chest and shaky hands so, as it's the grandsons this pm, that will be enough exercise for me today.
Odd innit :0.
My challenge activities are definitely a walk in the park compared to scubachick and Minsmum!! I did have a bit of soreness after the walking lunges...hmm. Perhaps I need to up the ante! :razz:
BOOM! Cardio power and resistance done.
I may not be as fast as Shaun T and his crew but I gave it my best and leaped around my living room like a maniac. The dog took one look and retreated to bed. I think I'm now going to join her!.......can't.......move........
Well, another day done. I didnt do my run today, but scaled it back to a power walk for a longer time. I went to have a look at tomorrow's vid and its not there! There are 26 vids in the 30 day challenge, I just noticed. So I guess I have a day off.

However, I am visiting the in-laws this weekend and I'm not sure how they would take to me jumping around the bedroom/sitting room each day!

Hello there sis in laws....

So, do I skip my skip day tomorrow and do the vid instead(...em, did that even make sense?) Do I just write off Saturday and relax about it? Do I do 2 vids (24 mins in total) on Friday or Sunday? :?: :?:
@Scubachick take it as a rest day. I am away in the campervan this weekend so no Insanity for 2 days, mmm Not sure my glutes will thank me for it but hey ho!

Cardio recovery done tonight. It was neither cardio nor recovery. It was a sweaty yoga/ stretch till you fall over session with plenty of press ups (full ones) and the most amazing butt stretches on tip toe! I don't feel recovered in fact I can feel every muscle in my body crying out, hopefully this means they are defining themselves and I will once again have a pert butt at the end of it all. Hahahahaha omg it hurts to laugh, but I can dream. I actually think I will be carted off on a stretcher at the end of it all! But in a strange way I am kinda loving it!!! (I may not be saying that in a month)

In the words of Shaun T "this isn't a coffee break people"
Minsmum wrote: ... Hahahahaha omg it hurts to laugh...
@minsmum, I just laughed at ^that bit and it does hurt! Then i laughed again as I have visions of that Fr. Ted episode with the caravan rocking away but you inside doing Insanity workout!

I got my period today, so I am most grateful its a rest day. I will take Saturday too, as I am actually a day ahead anyways as I started on 31st August. :victory:
@Scubachick, I agree with @Minsmum, you need recovery time.
That said, maybe you shouldn't take advice from me. I'm behind already! I did double my weight routine, it was time, anyway. I need to figure out what I want to
do for the other days. I am now under 60 Kg., not that I use Kg, but it's a little mini-goal. I also want to make sure that I've still got healthy muscle and bone in there!
Hi All
Count me in. Only just done my first week but need more motavation on the exercise front lol.
I have been bad...I did do exercise on the first day but nothing since, I've been too busy and too stressed to do anything other than my dissertation! I handed it in this afternoon, and I'm exhausted so I'm going to give myself the evening off and start again tomorrow!
Welcome @jacinda, you are challenger 11.

Im just relaxing and feeling guilty as my lovely sis in laws pander to my every need. They really are brilliant. My kids are quiet, hubby is enjoying a pint with the men and im watching them cook my dinner.
Hi All
Have managed a couple of long power walks and lunges etc at home. Its rained here all week, today was the first great sunny day. Scales not showing a difference yet but I have noted before that in the first 2 weeks of a new exercise regime my body seems to struggle to figure it out...onward and upward!!
Sorry peeps, count me out, body not co-operating on this at all.
I'll be walking every day though, best I can do.
Good luck everyone, you can do it yes you can!
77 posts Page 3 of 6