The FastDay Forum

Getting Sweaty! Exercise & Fitness

77 posts Page 1 of 6
I have completely deleted my original post here so that we now have a list of all of us in this challenge.

If you are new to this thread, its about a bunch of us supporting each other as we take on some extra fitness/exercise for the month of September 2014. Feel free to join in!

September fitness challenge club
Nicky_94 challenger 1
Sassy1 challenger 2
Karenm challenger 3
Piper challenger 4
Azureblue challenger 5
Anniew challenger 6
Juliewil10 challenger 7
Scubachick challenger 8
Lizbean challenger 9
Minsmum challenger 10
Jacinda challenger 11

Anyone else? Hope I have got everyone so far! Pm or tag me if you want to be included here.

I would like to thank cblaz for her fine example of how a challenge thread should be run. The Spring to Fall challenge is really motivating me on the weightloss. I hope this challenge works as well for exercise.
So I have found a 30day challenge series of YouTube vids. I have watched the first one, and it seems fairly full on, but I will give this a go. I might need to modify the exercises a bit though!
Is anybody with me? Im starting on Monday. :like:
Hi, I am interested in a 30-day challenge to get me back into my exercise routine that has lapsed, due to holidays, other travel and a cold. But the exercises on the YouTube clip would be too much for me!! I would have to modify the exercises a lot. So I will get back into the routine as per my signature, plus restart the C25k program, plus 30min walking on treadmill when not doing c25k, plus walking the dogs (the only thing I am still doing...). And I will add in some planks...

And I am hoping this will help shift those few pounds that "refuse" to budge (my fault because I am overeating on non-fast days... :( )

I realise this routine isn't any different from what should be my standard routine, but I hope it can still count as a challenge...???

Thanks for starting this thread! :D
Gee, @Scubachick, I'm with @Sassy1. This looks too hard for me, but I'd like to do something.
I agree with @piper! I am up for an exercise challenge, but it needs to break me in gently and not break me :wink:
Has anyone got any favourite exercise vids they can recommend for toning and strengthening forgotten bodies? :?:
Hi @Karenm

The Joanna Soh "workout" I am doing is very easy. Maybe too easy tho? You can make it harder by increasing the weights and the number of repetitions of course.

I think this is the one http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KLEQmvncMp ... azQ_Rc6vTV

She has lots...

I am also doing the MM HIT on the exercise bike - that is not too bad either.

Good luck finding something that suits you. :)
I'm with you @Scubachick, though haven't looked at the video yet - sounds like it's really hardcore??

But otherwise yes, exercise has lapsed (though was good on first part of hols till the weather turned bad) and I've spent far too much time sitting on my bum writing, so in need of some exercise!
Wayhoo, looks like we got ourselves a challenge club! I really need someone to be accountable to or else my motivation will go!
September fitness challenge club
@Nicky_94
@Sassy1
@Karenm
@Piper
Anyone else?

Of course, you can choose a challenge or exercise of choice. The vid I am looking at seems really hard core, even the instructor is struggling to finish and had to take several breathers. But I think I need something short and sharp. They say that to build muscle you need to keep at the reps until you cant lift any more. I dont want to buy weighrs, so this body resistance training looks good.
Anything suitable exercise-wise for the sedentary over 60s please?
Hi @Azureblue

The Joanna Soh workout may be ok for you too - have a look and see what you think!

Cheers :)
Just been looking at the Joanna soh vids.
Will give one or two a go when I get home :smile:
Despite the fact I've got a half marathon on 14th Sept, my training has been very hit and miss (mainly miss due to health & life challenges) and my general exercise routine has collapsed. So I need to get back on it PDQ! I'm in @Scubachick - not sure what I'll be doing but it will be along the lines of running, planks, weights and whatever else I can come up with.
@Azureblue, I'm not sure about your fitness and ailments, if any, but there is bound to be something on youtube for everyone. Here us one I found that is a 30 Day Low Impact Beginner Workout Program This is a link to the first day.
Not sure if I am taking on too much, but I will combine the 30-day fitness challenge with a 30-day get organised challenge!!! Since giving up paid work I have found it hard to get down to other things I want/need to do, apart from the garden... The garden is now at the stage where it needs the heavy work that OH has to do, so I have no excuse for not getting stuck into a good spring clean and sort out! I also have some research work to finish that I volunteered to do, as part of keeping my brain active - tho all it has done is remind me why I gave up work in the first place!! But I do feel that I should produce something...

So these are added to my challenge!

Also some of you may have read that I am going fast-free, eating just above my TDEE, low carb for the next short while (as carorees thinks I may be experiencing the famine reaction) to see if this resets whatever is making me feel constantly hungry and whatever is causing me to overindulge most evenings.

So quite a month ahead! (It is my birthday at the start of the month, so that is another marker to tie into all this.)

Good luck to us all :)
Don't bite off more than you can chew!

Sorry, couldn't resist :0)
77 posts Page 1 of 6