The FastDay Forum

Getting Sweaty! Exercise & Fitness

77 posts Page 4 of 6
Walking still sounds like exercise to me @Azureblue, I think you can still count yourself as a challenger!

Weather is quite nice in Paris this weekend, and as I didn't fancy jumping around at home (especially with all of the family here) I went for a long bike ride yesterday, hauling my 2 year old and shopping uphill, not sure how effective it was but it tired me out! Am planning more of the same today, will start the exercise videos tomorrow I think.
Hi all, so I managed to get the cardio power session in on Friday before we went off for the weekend. Got back this evening and felt the need to do cardio plyometric something or other. My thinking is, if I didn't do today then after 2 days off I wouldn't do it ( if that makes sense) so I did it, and do you know what, yes it was still bl&&dy hard and I hate suicide drills but I kinda enjoyed it AND (drum roll) I managed to get through the warm up and basketball drill without flaking! :) ok I might not be as fast on the 123 thingies but I kept up on the power jacks. Mini proud moment :)
scubachick wrote:
Minsmum wrote: ... Hahahahaha omg it hurts to laugh...
@minsmum, I just laughed at ^that bit and it does hurt! Then i laughed again as I have visions of that Fr. Ted episode with the caravan rocking away but you inside doing Insanity workout!

Funny thing is @Scubachick both Minsdad and Min are doing the insanity challenge so it could well have been us this weekend. And yes, my 11 yr old daughter is kicking Insanity unlike her 40 something mother!!!.
September fitness challenge club
Week 1 roll call!

@Nicky_94, sounds like you get the most picturesque challenge, biking around Paris in the sunshine! That will clear out the head for the dissertation.
@Sassy1, are you still striding away?
@Karenm, I hope you found some vids you liked. Are you working away?
@Piper.Well done on getting sub 60kg :victory:
@Azureblue, please stay. Walking definitely counts. As does running after adorable grand kids!
@Anniew, how is the half marathon training going?
@Juliewil10 Onwards and downwards! Gold star for not letting the weather stop you.
@Lizbean, how are all the dead flies!
@Minsmum, wow you are tearing through the Insanity programme! Have you noticed any difference to your body.
@Jacinda, hello and welcome again. Hope you are doing ok with the fasting. What exercise are you doing? Is it going ok?

I had a lovely weekend with the in laws. I didnt subject them to watching me bounce around the sitting room! We came back late enough this evening, Sunday. I suppose I could have done another video, but I took today off as well as yesterday. I will be running and then the video tomorrow morning though. Its a fast day too.

Bring on week 2!
Hi everyone! :)

Monday-Friday last week went pretty well according to plan, though the "getting organized" did drop off at the end of the week... We were away for the weekend, and I only managed the daily walk, but am back into it today. :)

PS I continue to get exhausted just reading about what some of you manage to do ...
Hi Scubachick
Things are going well thanks :)
I've only been walking so far,but also trying to give the house a spring clean. Ive just downloaded an app on my phone. The 7 minute work out. Superpose to be really good.
What videos are you doing?
Hi there fellow movers, well done everyone on your progress so far x
Usual dog walk for me and then a cardio power session today. I'm not sure where the power is going to come from, but I'll give it my best shot!
As for changes in my body, well, apart from the permanent aching I did notice that my jeans were a bit snug around my thighs this morning. I think the power jacks are firming things up and most pleasing that even after only 1 week my butt is on the rise. :) however I do have my energy back, I'm feeling my moving mojo working again, so even though at times the air is blue and physically I feel like I can't do anymore when Shaun T is on my tv, it's doing me good!
How is everyone doing today?

I've got my cycling in, and did a 20 minute strength training workout, so I'm feeling smug...just have to keep it up now!
I lost 3lbs betwern yesterday and today, but had put on 4lbs the day before. Flamin weight is bouncing around more than me doing the fitness vids!
@Jacinda, I am doing the 30 day Catching Fire Challenge from BodyRock.
I must admit that although I am working through each video in a sweaty out of breath way, I am still modifying most exercises. I wouldnt be able to do 1 full push up! Also, I just dont have floor space for all the moves. The muscle soreness has eased a bit, but I still feel like I've done some good hard exercise.
Well it's gone very quite in here, I hope everyone is still moving x
I am and it still hurts!
September fitness challenge club
Day 15 roll call!

@Nicky_94
@Sassy1
@Karenm
@Piper
@Azureblue
@Anniew
@Juliewil10
@Lizbean
@Minsmum
@Jacinda

Well folks, we are half way through already. I must admit that I have missed several days, including today :oops: I am still working through the vids, but not quite every day. I have picked right up with my running through. Im already back doing 5k and thankfully the dodgy hip/knee is still ok. I am also grateful that I seem to be pulling out of a 6 week plateau. Ive seen a few low days in a row now, as opposed to bouncing the same 3lbs up and down. Fingers crossed that this continues! Hope you are all doing ok.
Hi everyone! :)
I am sticking to my fitness challenge ok, but it is much less arduous than the programs some of you have chosen!! I have fitted in a couple of extra c25k training sessions - I have a treadmill and can catch up with TV programs that I have missed while doing so, which works well. :)
I think the exercise is helping shift that bit extra I put on, that plus the almost liquid fasts I am doing. The end of the month will give a better indication of how it has all worked! (Tho for the last week of the month I will be staying with my mum, which makes things more difficult...)
Hope everyone else is doing ok. :D

PS The get organised challenge is not going quite so well tho...
Hallo! I have been doing a 3 minute calisthenics from marksdailyapple each morning this week.
http://www.marksdailyapple.com/rajio-ta ... more-51717
Well done fellow challengers!

I seem to be on a roll at the moment, I'm doing a 15-20 minute yoga workout every day and it's going OK, I'm not expecting to lose loads of weight by the end of the month but hopefully I'll be more toned, in any case it feels really good to stretch out properly.
Hi all, well done everyone on your progress so far x
As for me, well the figures are in!!!
Minsmums fit test results ( basically you do as many as you can in a minute before keeling over) the last 2 exercises on day 1 were missed out due to Mins piano lesson!

------ ------Day 1----- Day 15
Switch kicks. -- 58. ----- 69
Power squats. -- 49. ----- 55
Power knees. -- 80. ----- 101
Power jumps. -- 26. ----- 38
Box jumps. -- 5. ----- 8
Suicide jumps. -- 6. ----- 10
Push up jacks. -- - ------ 14
Low plank obliques. -- - ------- 30

A lot of tears, sweat and obscenities were thrown into the first 2 weeks, but not bad for an overweight 48 year old!

Bring on the next 2 weeks :)
77 posts Page 4 of 6