The FastDay Forum

Getting Sweaty! Exercise & Fitness

77 posts Page 5 of 6
Well done @Minsmum.Great stats.

I did a half marathon on Sunday so am being a bit careful with my legs this week and am concentrating on my arms and tum. All being well I'll get into some more total body exercises next week.
Mmmm well today I started off great with my workout, got half way through then hit a brick wall! I had to stop, couldn't do anymore. Totally out of steam. I have now spent the day sneezing. Please dont let this be a cold starting :( Not good. But 1/2 a workout is better than none. Onwards to tomorrow and a cardio burn your butt off session.
Congrats on the half marathon @anniew.
Hello @Azureblue. I was afraid you left us! Delighted to see you still here. :like:
@Minsmum, hope you feel better soon. Ive had 1 of those 1/2 workouts too. Think it was a fast day and after a run.

Everything is still hurting, but different parts hurt on different days. I can't say I'm enjoying the 30 day programme, but each vid is only 12mins. The good news is that I think I have finally managed to crack my 6 week plateau. Although, I have thrown in a low carb week this week, which might be doing more.
Aaahhh last workout of the week done, rest day tomorrow :)
Hi all you brave, crazy work out people!

I haven't been doing great, but have upped the weights, which I've already said. I have added my version of sprints. @Scubachick, I hope the children are getting better, and take care of yourself too. It's hard to take care of children when they are ill and you can wear yourself out. Add that to the exercise, lack of sleep and extremely low carb...Whew! :dazed: My hat is off to you.
Wayhoo, I got to goal weight today! This challenge, plus low carbing was REALLY hard and basically I did a full 7 day "diet" last week. For me, the whole point if 5:2ing us not having to diet all the time. But then, I needed to kick that plateau in the bum.

I also ran out of steam a couple of times last week. I ate more carbs on Sunday and had a super run. I finished aheac if time and managed a coupke if sprints. Meanwhile, I turned back before half way on Friday. Carbs made a big difference to me.

How are ye all doing?
Yay @Scubachick well done on getting to goal. Doing the goal dance for you xxx
Did my pure cardio and cardio abs today. Bit easier than the first time. I'm starting to really enjoy the workouts! My shape is changing a lot. This is a hard workout and I'm seeing results. :) My shoulders are getting toned as are my arms, bye bye bingo wings, hello guns!
My body is a temple!......hahaha (it's really a burnt out old shed)
It's gone very quiet in here! Is that because everybody if furiously working out??
Hooray, well done @Scubachick!!

I keep meaning to write on here then getting distracted...I'm still plodding along, I've done yoga every day this week but today when I treated myself to a lovely long pilates class with a friend, I haven't done pilates in a long while and let's just say it was an experience...especially as the teacher was rather stern and kept telling me off for doing things wrong :confused: but hey, I enjoyed it, think I'm going to go regularly!

How's everyone else doing??
September fitness challenge club
Day roll call!

@Nicky_94
@Sassy1
@Karenm
@Piper
@Azureblue
@Anniew
@Juliewil10
@Lizbean
@Minsmum
@Jacinda

Time to think about re-measuring. I hope you are all happy with your increased efforts this month. It hasn't been an active thread, but I think you have all been successful adding in more exercise into your daily life.
Congrats on achieving goal @Scubachick - the challenge certainly worked for you! :) and well done to all the others who have been exercising hard. :D

I more or less stuck to the exercise plan for 3 weeks, but now I am at mum's it isn't so easy cos no exercise bike or treadmill or weights (or anything I can find as a substitute). I have incorporated the c25k training into my morning walk - am quite pleased that I can run further than I have been able to for ages, but still am a long way from running 5km!! - but not doing as much exercise as I would like, due to lots of other commitments.

I don't think my measurements will be any better, but will take them once I am home on 1 October. Might even be worse. That's more cos I have had some BAAAD overeating days, that I am now really trying to get in check. (Not easy while at mum's, as we eat out a lot...)

As for the "get organised" aspect - hahahahahahaha!

Have decided to extend this challenge into October, and combine it with the Christmas one.

Hope everyone else has done a bit better! :)
Hi all
Haven't got to goal, had a terrible cold last week so feeling very sorry for myself. Better now and back to walking, up in time for a walk at 0730 tomorrow on the beach. Have built up a foundation for habits going into the Christmas challenge so still feeling positive. Thanks to all and especially @scubachick for all the support and effort involved in organising us
I have been mostly walking and grand-parenting as my hip and knee joints are feeling autumnal and creaking. Gently onward :0)
@scubachick and fellow challengers. Yep, I failed big time, that is fine, tomorrow is another day. I have been concentrating on other priorities. I have popped in and seen how well you are doing, not sure about the pain :shock: but you all certainly made me smile. :smile: That is what life is all about. :heart:

Well done you Sept challengers and big thanks to scuba for bringing it on! :like: :clover: :heart: :victory: :cool:
Hi all, well had a little shoulder niggle, so took 3 days off , slathered on the Ibuprofen gel and stretched. Back on it today. 1 more workout and month 1 of Insanity done. Get me! :)
77 posts Page 5 of 6