The FastDay Forum

Getting Sweaty! Exercise & Fitness

68 posts Page 2 of 5
Re: FITBIT chat for AUGUST.
07 Aug 2014, 10:50
Hi all,

I hurt my knee so I have limited mobility at the moment. I still try to do some walking every day so that my leg doesn't get too stiff.

Do any of you have advice on alternative forms of exercise? I've been doing some free weights and pilates but I miss the walking!

M
07 Aug 2014, 18:06
Welcome to our newest member @Wendy Darling. Currently sitting at number 40 ahead of @TBrewerton. Come on WD WOOP his butt.
07 Aug 2014, 19:34
I wondered where you were Marietjie. Bummer about your knee. My hubby has very dodgy knees and the two exercises that are really good for them are cycling and swimming. Depending on your injury, yoga might be okay too. Www.doyogawithme.com has very varied style, length and intensity videos.
07 Aug 2014, 21:03
Well, I had a fab holiday and decided to leave my fitbit at home, so I'm bottom of the leaderboard ... At least I can only improve now ! But despite lots of eating and drinking I weigh exactly the same as I did when I left home, hurrah ! Must have been all the swimming and we did a few long strenuous walks too. Back to the normal day to day now, ho hum ! :smile:
07 Aug 2014, 21:48
Not wearing it full time these days. Just using it when doing actual exercise to monitor how long to go for.

As you can see I didn't go long hahahaha

Edit: In my defence it was the end of a fast day and I was feeling light headed so stopped.
07 Aug 2014, 21:55
Lovely to have a good relaxing holiday Mrstee, and sure you'll stride up the leaderboard and be breathing down my neck soon :)

Have you got a flex or one TBrewerton? I find morning of fast days exercise is easier, afternoon/evening I can feel a definitely lack of energy and the next morning when I walk, I really feel it. So I've moved my weight training to Mon/Thurs mornings, the same days I fast, rather than having one a morning after a fast, because even with breakfast, I feel that lack of fuel.
08 Aug 2014, 00:17
I have a One.

Yea its just trying to work things around the work schedule - I am doing ADF so it doesn't really matter what day I do the exercise. If I do it on a fast day though I try wait till just before my evening meal as I usually get hungry after the exercise - If I do it in the morning I usually fail the fast.
10 Aug 2014, 08:55
I see some people striding up the leaderboard @Wendy Darling, not competitive you said. Lol
I only take my flex off to charge it. I kept it on when I was in the pool on holiday and even put it in my bag when I went to my nephews wedding, but it sat on the table all night whilst I was dancing. Wow all those lovely new colours you can get now.
Thursdays and Sundays are my low step days, unless I go for a 5k run of course. But seeing as it's raining that ain't gonna happen today. Might have a burst on the treadmill. Might not.
@SianS, where are you? Hope all is well with you. I see you're still running or doing long walks at least.
10 Aug 2014, 12:53
I know, this thing has opened up a whole new side to my personality that I didn't even know was there. This is a good thing :smile:

I would say to anyone who I hasn't got one, get one. It will change your life and be worth every penny. If you think of the cost in £s as steps it won't take long to pay for itself. Mine is green and I love it. I am on medium battery and am dreading taking it off to charge. Will do it tonight when I am sitting down.
10 Aug 2014, 16:39
Been walking on sunshine in the bedroom. Oh and don't it feel good? :lol: :lol: :lol:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=iPUmE-tne5U

Wish someone could fix this flipping banner. Don't know how the queens of emoticons @Ballerinaand @silverdarlinget al are coping with it.
10 Aug 2014, 18:05
We both swear and growl under our breath :curse: :curse: :curse: :wink:
11 Aug 2014, 00:04
It's alright, you're all safe from me charging up the leaderboard. I have mislaid my charging thingy. I still have medium battery but I think I have put the charging thingy in a safe place never to be seen again. I'm good at doing that :cry: I was really enjoying myself too :cry:
11 Aug 2014, 00:10
On your marks!!! Found it. It was in a really sensible place. Far too sensible for me. Sometimes I astound myself :grin:
11 Aug 2014, 01:02
Haha Wendy Darling, sensible you coming out to join competitive you.
11 Aug 2014, 03:09
Welcome WendyDarling!

Oh yes, I'm constantly forgetting what sensible thing I did to the latest mislaid object.

I'm feeling a wee bit better, getting more like 6K steps a day. Of course whenever I overdo, the tachycardia tells me to take a seat :-(

We're off to Paris next week, and I usually get 17K or more a day when I'm healthy, so we'll see how that goes.
68 posts Page 2 of 5