The FastDay Forum

Getting Sweaty! Exercise & Fitness

68 posts Page 3 of 5
Re: FITBIT chat for AUGUST.
11 Aug 2014, 09:00
Glad you're feeling a bit better Tracieknits, and able to walk a bit at least. Paris, I'm a bit jealous, been ages since I was in Europe.
11 Aug 2014, 09:25
Good Morning Fitbitters,
@carieoates thanks for the tag, I haven't been active on here as I haven't been fasting despite knowing that I need to. My weight is up to 10st ish which was my original goal but is now my 'red line' weight so I'm going to knuckle down again starting this week with Tuesday and Thursday fasts after a very indulgent weekend.
My big news is that DS has been accepted at Southampton University despite narrowly missing his target marks (I'm so relieved to know where he is going to be).
I have not been running for a while and my Fitbit doesn't seem to like giving me very active minutes for my walks or cross trainer sessions, so as you can see my stats this month look very odd.
11 Aug 2014, 11:01
Great to see you Sian. And glad son got into Southampton. I wanted to chat with you about C parcs. It was great wasn't it?
12 Aug 2014, 19:36
It's been a while since I checked, but thought I should today. Was wondering where everyone was - usually I'm between10th and 15th and I've been hovering between 3rd and 5th (in the evenings before my bedtime :grin: ). I hope those who have been unwell get well or cured soon, and those on vaca come back soon. It looks weird with me so near the top! And I never thought I'd get into the walking quite so much either. It's been fun and will continue!

Thanks all for being here!
12 Aug 2014, 21:56
Pleased that your DS got Southampton Sian.

As a newbie to the fitbit......I have a question. I am doing in excess of 10,000 steps and 5 miles each day but my calories used only equate to approximately 1900. I wonder if 1900 is too low in comparison with my intake? I know no one can answer that as you don't know what my intake is and I only make rough approximations but I just wondered how that stacks up with everyone else's. Does it sound right or am I barking up the wrong tree? Thanks x
13 Aug 2014, 07:57
I tend to ignore the cals burned bit to be honest,
Some people use fitbit for weight loss so it's their only reference. Having said that I'm usually burning 2-3k cals a day according to my fitbit.
@Wendy DarlingYou've done very well in your first week, let's see if you can keep it up. I struggle to keep my numbers up during the school Hols, obviously, not as active when not at work. Wow are you running around everyone at work or pacing up and down the kitchen whilst cooking. I hope you don't crash and burn my luv.

To add a friend on fitbit, you just click on the persons pic on the site then when you see their profile, click the add friend. Don't need to even know them. It's easy peasy,
14 Aug 2014, 09:31
I've had a break from running for the last 10 days so am lagging well behind this month. Now have to start training serioisly for a 39km trail race on 14th September ...did a nice little 10km run this morning but will need to do some seriois training now.
14 Aug 2014, 13:28
Well I can see my top five pacing ending now. :grin:

Welcome back from vacations, rests, etc and welcome all newbies!
14 Aug 2014, 22:39
Hi all - another newbie here! Only got my fitbit this week but I think I'm addicted already........ Was quite pleased with my no of steps yesterday but dismally disappointed with my 3.5k today so I have been marching up and down my drive in the dark...........10,100 whoop whoop - feel better for it too!
14 Aug 2014, 22:48
Yeh I'm not normally second, was wondering when the rest of the regular top 5s would be back.
I don't do the calorie burn bit either @wendydarling, so no help on that front. I don't use the sleep function either. So that pretty much leaves me just using the pedometer and the "keep on wrist all the time so I don't lose it" features.
14 Aug 2014, 22:49
Hi Madcatlady - and :grin: I've been known to do the walk around the block in the dark to hit a target.
16 Aug 2014, 04:55
I've been known to do the walk circles inside the house trick :oops: Shh, don't tell anyone in my family that.

We went away to Vancouver this week and I walked over 23,000 steps one day! Over 17,000 the next! Nothing as thrilling as being #7 on the leaderboard, if only briefly :smile:
17 Aug 2014, 11:07
Mailawardclub.co.uk.
£15 off a fitbit flex with the mail.
I have one, but this may help someone.
17 Aug 2014, 15:35
carieoates wrote: Mailawardclub.co.uk.
£15 off a fitbit flex with the mail.
I have one, but this may help someone.

Not a newspaper I would normally buy but did today to get the code. Will look on the fitbit website when I have some time to choose one!
17 Aug 2014, 15:55
@WendyDarling I'm 1.72m, and your calorie burn doesn't sound far off mine.
I don't regard it as necessarily a true amount of calories burnt, but it is a very useful figure so that I can compare exercise day to day. I've had my Fitbit for a year now, so it is interesting checking out the statistics over time. However it doesn't seem to store active minutes (please tell me someone if I'm wrong), so I find calories the most useful reflection of exercise. I've lost weight since I bought it, and it is noticable that the calorie burn figures have gone down. You have a low BMI, so I guess that affects it too.
68 posts Page 3 of 5