The FastDay Forum

Getting Sweaty! Exercise & Fitness

68 posts Page 1 of 5
FITBIT chat for AUGUST.
01 Aug 2014, 17:46
So here we are and another month has passed.
We have new members again and I'm happy to announce that I've now had a fitbit for 1year now. (Got it for my wedding anniversary 3rd august last year), It has changed my life and several others around me. Namely my husband, my mate at work and my sister. We are friends on there and cheer, jeer and compete for top spot continually.

52 members now. Wooop Wooop.
Re: FITBIT chat for AUGUST.
03 Aug 2014, 21:24
Boo! - Did I scare you?

Here I am haha sorry been very busy with work which has kept me from filling you all in on how I am getting on!

Also the Fitbit got thrown to the side as I knew I was turning over loads of steps anyway due to the busy hours haha.

You will all be pleased to know I completed my 10KG Treadmill challenge! (loose 10kg in 6 months to keep the treadmill) I haven't done the final weigh in due to being busy but the scales at home tell me I made it :-D
04 Aug 2014, 04:01
Well done on the 10kg challenge.
And yay for your first Fitbit anniversary. I think mine is next month.
I've been a bit sick yesterday and today, so not racking up many steps for the start of the month. Hopefully feel better by tomorrow, been eating veggie soup instead of fasting today, and hopefully that helps.
04 Aug 2014, 04:43
Hey, @Carieoates, we have the same anniversary! Too bad my hubs can't remember it :frown: Oh, well, he says he loves me so that's the important thing. Right? Um, right?
04 Aug 2014, 05:27
Haha totally is Wendyjane! We're lucky because both of us are really bad at remembering, so it's become a bit of a game to see who remembers first (and (very) occasionally one of us remembers on the actual day.)
04 Aug 2014, 07:06
Wow @TBrewerton....where have you been hiding, yes you made me jump. Lol.
It's looking very different here isn't it.
We've all been plugging away here, fitbit and weight loss wise.
So you made it to 10g and kept your treadmill, that's great, how about the ADF. That certain tent has been very quiet without you, @Debs and @nursebean egging each other on.
Glad to see you back, don't be a stranger now.
04 Aug 2014, 09:36
Yea, been super busy with work so forum life took a side line!

The ADF is still going great for the most part. Most weeks I am sticking to it well but it can get pretty hard with work events. I have done a few times where if I skip a fast due to an event I make it up the next day but that means 2 in a row and can be tough.

It makes it a good personal challenge though because it makes me think twice about breaking a fast day or skipping one haha

I am really happy with how far I have come. I never weighed myself when I started 5.2 but that was 1 year ago now and I suspect I was up around 100kg (was to scared to check) the first weigh in I did was 94kg and that was a month or so after starting.

If I was 100Kg that's 20KG in a year which is incredible! Even if not its still at least 15Kg which is still huge!

I feel much better than I have in years, have more energy and have had less illness (winter colds etc - touchwood hehe)

So my next goal is 75KG and then I will reassess. Glad to be back - still busy with work though so wont be as regular but will try not to be such a stranger ;-)
06 Aug 2014, 19:12
Is it just me or has anyone else noticed that since the dashboard changed, it seems to be easier to earn very active minutes?
I see a number of us are at (@carieoates) or approaching (@katamac, me) our Fitbit anniversaries. I think I can honestly say that it was the best £80 I spent last year!
06 Aug 2014, 19:30
Annurca wrote: Is it just me or has anyone else noticed that since the dashboard changed, it seems to be easier to earn very active minutes?
I see a number of us are at (@carieoates) or approaching (@katamac, me) our Fitbit anniversaries. I think I can honestly say that it was the best £80 I spent last year!

Yes great stuff isn't it. Mine first was a one, it was second hand about £30 on ebay. The I got my flex for my birthday in February.
I log my exercise through MFP aswell.
06 Aug 2014, 21:39
I still get a buzz when my flex vibrates on my arm when I reach my step goal for the day! Yes, still totally love it nearly a year later, and it definitely gets me walking more.

I haven't noticed an increase in my active minutes recently, but it was a while back (maybe 6 months?) when it suddenly jumped. I think it's to do with mine being a Flex. I pretty much only walk (well, I cycle and do gym and things, but I don't run) yet my active minutes are always high. I am a fast walker, but I think it probably credits me with being more activity than if I were to use a One.
06 Aug 2014, 21:45
I definitely agree that the fitbit is the single best thing I have ever purchased for my health!!

Starting to feel a bit stronger now, as the thyroid is starting to calm down. :-)
06 Aug 2014, 23:42
Good to hear your thyroid is settling down.
07 Aug 2014, 03:20
It's me, peeping in. Well I have decided to go for it after months of procrastination. Don't know what it is, what to do with it, nor whether I will be any good at it but I do love a gadget. I think Carieoates is going to add me to the group. I'm not very competitive but let's see............
07 Aug 2014, 05:57
Ha Wendy Darling, I didn't think I was competitive either, but apparently I am :grin: Welcome to the leaderboard :cool:
07 Aug 2014, 09:08
@Wendy Darling I don't think you'll regret your purchase!
Have fun with it!
68 posts Page 1 of 5