The FastDay Forum

Getting Sweaty! Exercise & Fitness

68 posts Page 5 of 5
Re: FITBIT chat for AUGUST.
25 Aug 2014, 19:01
This rain is playing havoc with my steps! The dog is exhausted from the extra walks that she is getting and my husband says that I am obsessed. The fitbit has a lot to answer for!
31 Aug 2014, 16:22
image.jpg
Sorry, had to publish this, am a very proud gal.
31 Aug 2014, 18:33
Welcome to all the newbies, you'll soon be addicted. Well, I'm quite pleased with myself this month, despite missing the first week as my fitbit had a rest while I went on hols. I was aiming to be in the top 10 and managed steps & miles but not activity. Not too shabby. Why is it that I am always knackered by the end of a weekend ? Roll on September ! :smile:
31 Aug 2014, 19:16
I have really enjoyed competing with you all during my first month and I am shocked at how few steps I did before. This is due to time constraints but now I know I am stepping all around the house, often just before bed and I march on the spot when I'm watching tv. My fitbit downloads to MFP and in turn MFP gives me extra calories to play with. It's all good :smile:
31 Aug 2014, 21:45
Like you, @Wendy Darling, I am shocked at how few steps I was doing before my Fitbit arrived. I have been going for a walk every day to up my steps but haven't yet tried marching in front of the TV! I have also discovered that I'm not very competitive - even with myself and am quite happy to have my daily target set at 7500. That is about 5000 more than I would have done before so I'm happy with that. Anyway, it's early days for me so I may yet find within me the urge to exercise more! Good luck to everyone for September and congratulations Caroline, @carieoates, on your success! :smile:
31 Aug 2014, 22:49
I was comfortably in my highest ever position (number 2!!) and then in the last week Susan steamed past me. Still happy with finishing at 3, and see I nearly hit 500,000 steps, so that's my goal for September. Even though it's a shorter month.
01 Sep 2014, 19:01
Sorry Katamac, I am back to training seriously for my 39 km trail race mid September and ran 65kms in total last week, so despite my 10 days off I still managed to rack up the steps. As a runner I really shouldn't count in the Fitbit challenge because I have an unfair advantage!
01 Sep 2014, 23:45
Haha, nah, all good. And that's a lot of running! I actually like having such a variety on activity levels on the board, think it makes it more interesting.
68 posts Page 5 of 5