The FastDay Forum

Getting Sweaty! Exercise & Fitness

53 posts Page 2 of 4
Re: FITBIT Chat for JUNE
10 Jun 2014, 06:28
mrstee wrote: Hi everyone, enjoying the "nag in my pocket", but I think I'm on the same fitbit group as Croftmaclean... Which group is everyone else here in ? Thanks

Pm me your email address and I will invite you too.

Can't see you @croftmaclean
image.jpg
10 Jun 2014, 06:54
June has not been good for my Fitbit so far - two days of long drives and two days of good activity when my Fitbit was sitting on my dressing table!!!
The weather seems set fair for the rest of the week so I intend to slowly claw my way back up the leaderboard.
10 Jun 2014, 08:08
Ladies,
I have my fitbit and have been wearing it but can't work out how to see how many steps I have done, it doesn't appear on the dashboard. How do I see them? All I have is the flashing lights and I want to play too!
10 Jun 2014, 08:50
What sort of fitbit is it ? On my zip I have to tap the zip to wake it up and tap to scroll through the steps, distance, calories. Once it is awake it can sync with the dashboard app. Hope that helps, if not somebody clever will surely be along to assist !
10 Jun 2014, 09:01
Ah thank you! Just been playing, but realise it is a bit confused as I flew home today and it hasn't resynched to local time! I know I haven't done 7892 steps today, barely moved as I've been trapped on a plane!
10 Jun 2014, 12:12
Debs. Did you join the group yet ?
10 Jun 2014, 14:11
Today's walk which was described as 6 miles came in at 7.92 miles (and no, we didn't get especially lost), so that's added a few extra steps in :smile:
10 Jun 2014, 15:16
I've invited both @croftmaclean and @mrstee now.
Good luck with your bitting! :heart:
10 Jun 2014, 20:39
carieoates wrote: I've invited both @croftmaclean and @mrstee now.
Good luck with your bitting! :heart:

Thank you - i am up and running now and come in at #23. It is just a shame swimming doesn't add steps - a lovely 30 minute swim in the sea this evening :)
11 Jun 2014, 11:53
Thanks for your help Carieoates, I've joined !
11 Jun 2014, 12:09
Glad to have you both aboard now where's @Debs
11 Jun 2014, 14:56
I had a pretty slow weekend - less than 1500 steps on Sunday! Hope to get to my average though - 10,000 steps at least. Kinda gloomy today. Hope it brightens up a bit when I get home. I'm sure the dog (Marley) would love a walk today as she got shorted due to storms yesterday.
11 Jun 2014, 18:36
Welcome to all you new Fitbitters, and good luck with reaching your step goal. One of my French students (who I teach English to) has invested in a Fitbit and she was shocked to see how hard it was to do even 10000 steps a day (which is the recommended number by doctors) as she is in an office job so not very active. But she is thrilled with the Fitbit as it is motivating her to get out at lunchtime and walk instead of taking the bus. I find 15000 easy but I walk over 5kms a day with the dog and run at least 45kms a week, but I don't do a 9 - 5 office job.
11 Jun 2014, 20:52
I wonder if a flex will be effective if it's worn in a pocket instead of on a wrist? I've just started studying massage, and of course I won't be able to keep my flex on while massaging. Not that it really matters I suppose - I'll still be doing my usual walking anyway - but I'd be curious as to how much more I'd move compared to my current work (graphic design - so although I have a standing desk, I still spend way too many hours stationary).
12 Jun 2014, 05:13
Hi all,
Yep I am starting now I have had time to work out how to set the little monster up. I seem to do quite a lot of incidental steps and I wonder how accurate it it. It is on my dominant wrist but that shouldn't make a difference. I've done 4.386 steps so far and I've been on the plane so I can't see how. I could have done that, but I'm sure I'll figure it out.
Now, how do I join the group?
53 posts Page 2 of 4