The FastDay Forum

Getting Sweaty! Exercise & Fitness

68 posts Page 3 of 5
Re: FITBIT Chat for MARCH
05 Mar 2015, 17:09
Hi @Golarne
I was replying to a conversation between you and @Rigi from a few days back and now realise that things had moved on.
My personal pet hates regarding activities which don't show up as active are ironing and weeding.
05 Mar 2015, 17:27
Yoohoo @Rigi , are you with us?
Aargh @SianS , my main activity is gardening! And as for ironing, or any housework (can you tell I don't like that?) ... well that should count double! At least! :wink:
05 Mar 2015, 19:39
:confused:
Golarne wrote: Yoohoo @Rigi , are you with us?
Aargh @SianS , my main activity is gardening! And as for ironing, or any housework (can you tell I don't like that?) ... well that should count double! At least! :wink:

Yep I'm in. I work in an office for 4 days a week so those days are harder for me to reach my target. I go to our local leisure centre for a kettlebells class and two spin classes which help and walk the dog the other three days. Bottom of the list is definitely housework, ironing and cooking!
05 Mar 2015, 19:54
SianS wrote: Hi @Golarne
I was replying to a conversation between you and @Rigi from a few days back and now realise that things had moved on.
My personal pet hates regarding activities which don't show up as active are ironing and weeding.

I am Rita M on fitbit, Rigi8 on fast day and mfp - hopefully you and @ Golarne can find me now. I struggle with using terminology so don't know if I have tagged you properly??
06 Mar 2015, 21:32
Is anyone tracking sleep? I'm interested to see if anyone who DOESN'T think they have a sleep issue is getting hours of restless sleep? Has anyone got their device set to sensitive for sleep. My results are incredible and I'm wondering if this is true or not. eg last night 8.5 hours in bed 4.5 hours of sleep recorded, 4 hours restless! Apart from spending $1200 for an overnight stay in a sleep clinic as a friend did last week, I wonder if there is an answer?! I don't feel alive when I wake up, in fact half dead most mornings :wink: but I'd be interested to see if anyone else has noticed anything.
07 Mar 2015, 08:41
image.jpg
Sleep tracker normal setting
@GMHI track my sleep only because I use it to wake me up, it's much gentler than any other alarm.
Had a look and it's set on normal here's last nights graph.
I will change to sensitive just for experimental reasons. But I don't have any trouble sleeping, I used to have trouble getting back to sleep if I was woken early. So this will be interesting as like you this may show that I'm awake or restless when thinking I sleep ok.
07 Mar 2015, 08:54
@carrieoates I wish mine looked like that! I wait with interest to see how it looks on sensitive. Then the dogs are getting the flick :-)
07 Mar 2015, 22:32
Yes I expect it will be interesting as I've had red wine, salted cashews and a Chinese takeaway, oh and chocolate.
:wink: :wink: :wink:
08 Mar 2015, 08:41
image.jpg
Sensitive sleep tracking
Here's my "sensitive" nights sleep. I will obviously be putting it back onto normal as I think it's not a true representation of my sleep. I suggest you do too @GMH

It was however a warm night, but I am not in agreement with those numbers.
09 Mar 2015, 06:36
@carrieoates I put it on normal last night. I awoke at 12.30am and again at 3.30am, I even went to the loo once and lay awake for about 10 to 15 mins each time. Absolutely nothing on sleep tracker except sleep, so I have put it back to sensitive as I don't think normal is accurate at all. I'm not sure that the sensitive is accurate either, but I'll note times I am awake and check in morning. My friend who has charge HR no longer wears hers after using her husbands phone app for distance, plus using google maps, Charge was telling her she had run 32km, when in fact it was 9km, she was also racking up steps whilst driving! I have counted my steps with Flex as a check after that and it seems fairly accurate for that but as for sleep accuracy, I'm skeptical
09 Mar 2015, 07:19
Wow GMH you got up and it didn't know that's bad.
I know that whilst driving it will count steps, that's why there is the facility to edit your activity to driving.
I've decided to leave it on sensitive for a week as I'm a scientist and the experiment wasn't long enough to gather the necessary data.
09 Mar 2015, 11:03
Caroline, it's hard to know really. I look at mine on sensitive and freak out but I also know I'm tired and have a sleeping issue. The cat stalking about after having slept on my bed all day doesn't help, the dogs carrying on, on my bed, or off it and wanting to get up is a problem, but if I change beds...my antique iron bed is high...or lock them out, I stress they'll start barking or scratching at door = less sleep.
Ps I hit 20,000 steps today for first time :-) but Danny is now limping again :>( also I don't want to sleep early after all the activity but have to get up early!
09 Mar 2015, 21:16
I put it on sensitive, and remembered to switch it to sleep a couple of nights ago - and wow, it showed less than 4 hour sleep. That's crazy. I really need to remember to do the sleep thing and do it for a week too, but I suspect that both normal and sensitive are wildly inaccurate. GMH, have you ever thought of going to a sleep clinic? I've often thought I should chat to my GP and get a referral, because I often just feel exhausted when I wake up, even when I think I've had enough sleep.
09 Mar 2015, 21:39
It's all very interesting. I don't consider that I have a sleep problem and seeing those numbers worried me, apparently 5hrs 46 mins sleep, 5 mins awake and 158 mins restless. Compared to last sunday on normal setting of 6hrs 58 mins with 11 mins awake ,18 mins restless. Def need more data. Maybe Sunday eve syndrome.
10 Mar 2015, 01:07
Rightyo here are my thoughts after last night. On sensitive it was accurate for first hour, tossing and turning then up and down whilst awake. So it looks to me like awake mostly equals not sleeping still, restless = moving about. I was awake and moving about but it called it restless. So awake is mostly when I am upright but not always. Asleep is asleep. Restless IS asleep but moving, or moving awake horizontal. So whilst it looks like small number of hours asleep, this is not really accurate probably should be called REM sleep, non REM sleep and awake. I have had it on sensitive for 2 weeks or so and it's worse than yours @carrieoates so whilst it looks alarmung, it's not really. Sensitive picks up more of the awakes, but probably normal is more realistic for amount of sleep
68 posts Page 3 of 5