The FastDay Forum

Getting Sweaty! Exercise & Fitness

68 posts Page 1 of 5
FITBIT Chat for MARCH
01 Mar 2015, 08:52
Hi everyone, if you get a chance to view the leaderboard I would, it's fun when the new month starts and the top spot is occupied by the Southern hemisphere.
@GMH I have re invited you and this time it's been successful. So fingers crossed for you this time.
I have a small nic in my surge strap and have emailed fitbit support with a pic, will let you know what happens, the support is fantastic apparently.
Has anyone had an allergic reaction to theirs.? I did have more irritation with my flex strap in all honesty.
Another thing is I'm getting different readings now that I've had it on for a month. The cal burn has increased slightly. It's definatley getting to know me.

Happy fitbit this March
Re: FITBIT Chat for MARCH
01 Mar 2015, 20:18
It was quite funny going onto the community last night and seeing March up and running yet it was still February for me. Consequently I didn't exist. I suppose I will be bringing up the rear on my time zone!

Happy March!
01 Mar 2015, 23:39
Yes the month change over is always funny to watch.

I'm onto my third flex band in 18 months - I've just bought them on ebay for a few dollars, but I've since heard that Fitbit is really good at replacing them. Hopefully their customer service keeps living up to its name, especially now their sales would be enormous. No allergic reaction to my band either.
02 Mar 2015, 01:54
Well I'm nudging my steps back up to 10K, slowly but surely :-) I'm not pushing it too hard, because some days I still have a bit of symptoms like racing heart, so I don't exercise then. But I'm hoping to move higher back to my normal place on the leader board with the 10K/day people.

My fitbit one case/clip thingie broke. I wasn't thrilled to have to spend $15 on a new one, but that's preferable to a sharp piece of plastic sticking into me.
02 Mar 2015, 16:08
I've had my Flex for a week now and am beginning to get to know what the dashboard stuff means! Apparently I've done a marathon, i got a badge, so it must be true! :wink:
02 Mar 2015, 16:24
Customer service is bloomin fantastic.
Getting a whole new surge because the strap has a small split in it. That's £199 worth and I can still use it.
02 Mar 2015, 17:37
Oh My Lord! I'm in First place across the board.
March started with the pub Ramblers group monthly walk so that got me off to a good start, then today I went for a run, just a mile, but a run all the same. (I did it before I had a chance to talk myself out of it) Then OH and I went for a walk at Bedgebury Forest and ate our sandwiches watching the ducks mating (poor lady ducks).
I doubt I'll maintain my position for long though with Susan just behind me :smile:
02 Mar 2015, 17:43
@carieoates where did you send your email to please as the strap on my Flex is splitting on the back too. I've had it since last Aug but can't find the receipt. Looked on the community page and it said you have to send proof of postage.
02 Mar 2015, 18:09
Congratulations Sian! Its good to see a non runner at the top of the board. You must have spent a lot of time walking! I haven't run so far this month. Did a half marathon on Saturday (1H44M, quite happy with that, 16th out of the 142 women in the race and a podium for my age category) so am having a couple of days rest before doing the last few weeks training before the Rome Marathon.
03 Mar 2015, 04:53
callyanna wrote: @carieoates where did you send your email to please as the strap on my Flex is splitting on the back too. I've had it since last Aug but can't find the receipt. Looked on the community page and it said you have to send proof of postage.

If you purchased it with a credit card, the retailer can often print another receipt.
03 Mar 2015, 07:14
Flex straps aren't getting cheaper @Callyanna, I had a pack of three coloured ones, which I chnaged now and then so never broke one. I contacted via the dashboard "contact us" at the bottom.
03 Mar 2015, 09:08
Well got very excited today when my invitation to group looked like it had worked. Alas I could see the group, but not me. Checked in dashboard, no groups! Bummer. So I have contacted customer support and hopefully they can sort it. So far this month (3 days here) I have done 43145 steps.
03 Mar 2015, 11:01
GMH wrote: Well got very excited today when my invitation to group looked like it had worked. Alas I could see the group, but not me. Checked in dashboard, no groups! Bummer. So I have contacted customer support and hopefully they can sort it. So far this month (3 days here) I have done 43145 steps.

I see you on the members list but not the leaderboard. Check you settings maybe. When did you sync last?
03 Mar 2015, 16:06
Hi Everyone
Is this something anyone can join? I have a Fitbit One but I am not sure where you are looking for the'Leaderboard'. I'm not that good at finding my way round this sites - but I do use MyFitnessPal and the FitBit app on my ipad :doh:
03 Mar 2015, 17:44
Just what I was going to ask, @Rigi although I'm very new to this and do no exercise other than walking. Although I've been ultra busy gardening and prepping for decorating today, apparently I've only done 6 very active minutes...Huh, I've just sat down and am pooped!! :razz:
68 posts Page 1 of 5