The FastDay Forum

Getting Sweaty! Exercise & Fitness

68 posts Page 5 of 5
Re: FITBIT Chat for MARCH
22 Mar 2015, 21:23
I keep reading about these challenges, but I'm not sure how to join in. Can anyone advise so I can be up to speed to join in Aprils? Thanks
24 Mar 2015, 07:49
Rome maratthon mission completed, 3h41m, I'm very happy with that as it rained and the conditions weren"t ideal. So probably fewer steps from me in the next couple of weeks as some recovery will be in order.
24 Mar 2015, 20:28
Wow, that's amazing, well done! :victory: :victory: :victory:
I'm pleased when I've managed 10000 steps! (And my hips and damaged knee are complaining about that small victory!)

@JAQ if you see a challenge that you want to try, you just join in by posting a comment on the relevant thread. Everything is open to everybody. :like:
30 Mar 2015, 20:36
Well my first month almost up and I am amazed at how much walking I do. Admittedly with this thing counting my steps I have got off my bot more on days off, still I thought I just sauntered about the dog parks whilst the mad beasts ran and played! As for active minutes, that's me walking fast to train or walking my little fellas fast so I can get home :-) I have a dog walker friend who also runs 13km+ after work!! She must do thousands of steps a month. The sleep function is interesting, even on normal, which is not that accurate, it at least tells me how long I have been in bed, therefore reminding me to get to bed earlier rather than watching mindless TV. Overall an interesting experience.
30 Mar 2015, 21:14
Well I'm pretty pleased with the improvements I've made:
February: 30th on the leaderboard, 6548 avg steps per day
March: 16th on the leaderboard, 9915 avg steps per day
Last 7 days: 12th on the leaderboard, 10588 per day

:-)
31 Mar 2015, 14:14
I just looked at the leaderboard and am suprised to be 7th for steps and 6th for distance, I'm not surprised to be 17 for very active minutes.
March started well, but the 2nd and 3rd weeks were very sedentary because we went to stay with people who aren't as active. The combination of hours spent in the car, then staying in being sociable, took its toll on my steps and my weight.
Last week was better and I'm hoping for a much more consistent April
01 Apr 2015, 14:20
I'm happy with how March ended up in the end. 11th on the leaderboard for steps with an average of 10,700 steps. I had some good 'firsts':
First time doing 20,000 in one day
Helicopter Badge
London Underground Badge.
Redwood Badge several times over.
Congrats @sians, @callyanna, @carieoates and @GMH!
02 Apr 2015, 02:11
Hello bitters.
I'm way down on steps and tomorrow is a beach day. :dance:
68 posts Page 5 of 5