The FastDay Forum

Getting Sweaty! Exercise & Fitness

68 posts Page 4 of 5
Re: FITBIT Chat for MARCH
10 Mar 2015, 16:12
Disappointed with myself this month so far. OH is here and has a bad case of plantar fasciitis so walking is out of the question and I don't want to go out on my own whilst he is at home with his foot up. Poor thing. He leaves today so normal service will be resumed. I have really missed my morning walk.
10 Mar 2015, 17:52
Hello Karen plantar, ouch with a capital O. I only resolved mine with a steroid injection,!!!!
Hope you'll get back into the swing of things real soon
11 Mar 2015, 09:11
@rawkaren maybe u need to push him in a wheelchair, like my Danny dog LOL. He too has bad foot, so I put him in his doggy pram, much to the amusement of the locals, Humbug on foot and off we go :-) push him to the beach and back and let him walk on sand. But in seriousness, it really makes it hard, don't feel bad you'll soon be back to normal, not your fault he has dodgy paw :-)
11 Mar 2015, 13:22
My walking, which is never very much anyway, has dropped off almost completely in the last couple of weeks! First we were away in Germany, child minding, and then when I got back, I was either in the garden or at the computer catching up on paperwork! Add to this my natural dislike of exercise and my steps have hardly registered. :frown: I have kept up my Pilates and Yoga classes but there aren't many steps in either of those! :smile:
Message to self, 'Must try harder!' :wink:
11 Mar 2015, 16:34
It's actually warm enough to walk the dog again!! In the winter, with the bitter cold, we usually just keep a patch of ground cleared of snow in the backyard for her business. Even the dog doesn't like going for a walk on icy roads at -20 degrees! But it was a balmy 45F yesterday (7C?) so we went on a nice walk. I think it's going to be even warmer today! :-) It's nice getting back up to 10K after this horrible winter and my thyroid issues. I finally have both energy and decent weather!
14 Mar 2015, 08:47
Hello everyone. Just pondering the leaderboard well done GMH newbie is shooting ahead.
I'm down a few classes this week so active mins and distance down considerably. Can't believe I'm at 6th position for steps and distance but way way down for active mins. Surge obv thinks I'm not very active!!!
Bit concerned about my foot as I had. Twinge of plantar on Wednesday. I cannot get that again not now.
I've also switched my sleep tracker back to normal, I consider myself a good sleeper and seeing those odd figures didn't sit right with me. I may drag the DD out for a run later she needs the fresh air,
Have a fabulous weekend everyone.
17 Mar 2015, 23:24
Ok, I just wanted to say I'm pretty pleased with myself. :-)

The weather's been cooperating and I've gotten a lot more walking in! It was a balmy 50F today :-)
17 Mar 2015, 23:32
Slowly getting back to normal and getting in 10k each day since Saturday, so hopefully I will start climbing up the leaderboard again. Well done @GMH :victory: :victory: !
18 Mar 2015, 00:48
I've just had 4 days in a week where I couldn't get much walking in, and wow it makes a difference to how I feel! Was very happy to get back to a decent walk this morning, feeling much happier and less sluggish. Does anyone else find it really affects their mood if they can't walk or do other exercise?
18 Mar 2015, 04:42
KataMac wrote: I've just had 4 days in a week where I couldn't get much walking in, and wow it makes a difference to how I feel! Was very happy to get back to a decent walk this morning, feeling much happier and less sluggish. Does anyone else find it really affects their mood if they can't walk or do other exercise?

Yes @katamac. I have been quite grumpy this last week because I could not get out as much as I had hoped. Starting to feel 'normal' again.
18 Mar 2015, 05:01
To be honest some days I wish I could stop walking :-) just done 3 walks, had a wee nap on train, will get home, have a coffee and head to the beach with my boys...I think my feet keep going in my sleep :-) I could have walked to Frisco in the 9 years I have been dog walking!
22 Mar 2015, 09:36
I've had a fitbit friend request from KellyM25 ive actaully stopped accepting friend requests now as my page is getting full and I'm sure we can still see each other's progress via our fitbit group page . Sorry if this causes offence, but I have family and friends not from here who want to be my friend also.
Thanks.
22 Mar 2015, 17:41
Hmm. My Surge seems have stopped counting steps properly. I have walked about 3 miles already today and yet it is showing only 702 steps. Anyone else had this problem?
22 Mar 2015, 18:55
rawkaren wrote: Hmm. My Surge seems have stopped counting steps properly. I have walked about 3 miles already today and yet it is showing only 702 steps. Anyone else had this problem?

What happens when you sync it Karen
22 Mar 2015, 19:03
@carieoates. The bluetooth keeps dropping out but when I got it going again it has synched to the same count as my watch.
68 posts Page 4 of 5