The FastDay Forum

Getting Sweaty! Exercise & Fitness

495 posts Page 13 of 33
Previous 1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 33 Next
Number 4 back!
Missed my last planned sesh being considerate to Beloved and nearly missed this morning too. A cuddle and coorie soon was very pleasant - Beloved is back from working away :oops: :lol:
Anyway, MadMax got attention too (maybe I should move him from the bedroom- he's affy jealous!)

5 mins warm up
10 of 20secs up, 40 secs down then cool down.
Went 2.5 km, and hit 2'01" at one point on the UP. Average for 500m on the down was about 3'40"

Max heart rate - well pulse at the end was 168 and dropped to 150 odds after a cool down stretch.

OOOHHHH it was tough. Slight increases in strength though
There is no way I can increase it yet and that's supposed to be one week in.
Plan to aim for three sessions next week- in the morning of fast days.

Good news is that I have persuaded (basically instructed) Beloved that he will watch the documentary 'the truth about exercise' AND he jumped on MAdMAx and rowed for 5 mins this morning.

@juliana.rivers please, please move your machine in from storage- I can hear it's plaintive whimpering from here! It's sending out SOS messages to MAdMax!

@jools7 you have my sympathies and full understanding trying to exercise in the heat. I'm dreading the summer here- again.
Also wondering if the wet fish slapping could be incorporated into HIIT- there seems to be a real demand for the slapping and I would hate to see the energy expended going to waste! :wink:

Happy HIITing everyone.
Every time I think of wet fish slapping! I am reminded of the Monty Python sketch :lol: :lol:
janeg wrote: Number 4 back!

@juliana.rivers please, please move your machine in from storage- I can hear it's plaintive whimpering from here! It's sending out SOS messages to MAdMax!

i promise i promise

thank you for posting
Ugh, still trying to recover from my HIT session this morning. I may have overdone it. Felt faint and sick and had to lie down for 30 min, still feeling shaky. I always find it really tough and my BP drops into my boots so I have to lie down with my feet up for 10 min or risk falling over afterwards. Particularly bad today though. Now you can see why I hate exercise! :-(
@carorees and this is supposed to be good for you ? :shock:
hope you feel better soon.
@carorees Perhaps you are doing too much too soon?

Did running (treadmill) HIT yesterday and swimming today, both tiring but could do them with no problem. However MM's Burpee/Star Jump etc routine still totally defeats me.
Well, I know nothing of HIIT, but I did get on the treadmill today. Funny thing is, I didn't mean to! I was moving stuff that was propped against it and saw the abs thingie, so I moved that as well. Then I got on the treadmill (in my slippers - no I won't make a habit of that!) and did 10 minutes at 2.8 then another 5 at 3. Ok, it's not much, but when you're a couch potato, it's better than nowt.
I felt great after!
Is there anywhere I can find out about HIIT please? What I'm supposed to do etc. Any books for the kindle?

Oh, this is very worrying....me, asking about exercise. I might even be able to fit it in, in between stirring the chutney!
Dr Mosley's book on Kindle was £2.80 last week, pretty good summary in my opinion. Horizon show should be available somewhere...
Thanks! Is that 'Fast exercise'? Now £3.80. If that's the right one, I'll buy it! Kindle still £2.80.
PennyForthem wrote: Well, I know nothing of HIIT, but I did get on the treadmill today. Funny thing is, I didn't mean to! I was moving stuff that was propped against it and saw the abs thingie, so I moved that as well. Then I got on the treadmill (in my slippers - no I won't make a habit of that!) and did 10 minutes at 2.8 then another 5 at 3. Ok, it's not much, but when you're a couch potato, it's better than nowt.
I felt great after!
Is there anywhere I can find out about HIIT please? What I'm supposed to do etc. Any books for the kindle?

Oh, this is very worrying....me, asking about exercise. I might even be able to fit it in, in between stirring the chutney!

thats kind of funny how you ended up on the treadmill unintentionally. Maybe this forum is some kind of subliminal persuader for you.. anyhow does that mean you want to join @PennyForthemor do you want to wait till you read the book.
#5 reporting in. I have been doing my Tabata, that is 8times 20 secs with 10 secs rest for over a week now. I do kettle bell swings. I haven't checked my heart rate but do it as fast as I can with 10lb weights. I do this 3times a week and I also do the 7min strength training every day. I was quite chuffed as today I ran for the first time since I had my fall on the 4th of December and managed 30min and ran 21/2 miles. :like: :lol: I also bought MMs book on kindle and am really enjoying it, it is nice to have a bit of knowledge about how and when to exercise. good luck to all HITers
#17 checking in. My HIT is working so well, I have to suspend it for a week or so unti I can get in to the doc to adjust my meds. My sugars are dropping too low throughout the day after doing HIT & then I have to raise them by tabs or other fast sugar, its been a bit scary a couple times. I'll figure it out, but don't wan to play with it myself. I think this is actually good :). Also, on a happy note, I ran the stairs at work 3 times today instead of taking the elevator & didn't run out of breath for 5 min. afterward. I'll just be sensible...
MLCDz wrote: #17 checking in. My HIT is working so well, I have to suspend it for a week or so unti I can get in to the doc to adjust my meds. My sugars are dropping too low throughout the day after doing HIT & then I have to raise them by tabs or other fast sugar, its been a bit scary a couple times. I'll figure it out, but don't wan to play with it myself. I think this is actually good :). Also, on a happy note, I ran the stairs at work 3 times today instead of taking the elevator & didn't run out of breath for 5 min. afterward. I'll just be sensible...

yes, when doing HIT or any exercise we need to be careful

HIT members, what are the tell tale signs that we have pehaps gone a little too far?
If this has already been posted please excuse the peretition. Member number 11.

Last nights cross trainer was a LOT harder than on the cycle. I put it on interval, level 2 and only managed 7 minutes. But I also tried to do my cool down on the treadmill, but when I went into autopilot/day dream mode, I fell off the bloody thing. My right leg to brain lost its feedback message, my foot didn't lift and I ended up being partly dragged off the machine, its been happening a lot lately, the sooner my surgery happens the better. So I've been banned from the treadmill.
Hi

I love the idea of HIIT. Count me in please :)
Previous 1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 33 Next
495 posts Page 13 of 33