The FastDay Forum

Getting Sweaty! Exercise & Fitness

495 posts Page 18 of 33
Previous 1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 33 Next
Just updated my Signature to reflect my goal for this group.

Slight confession the group took off really fast and so I haven't kept up to date :-(

Another slight confession.. I haven't been doing hit but have increased my step count drastically - plan to start hit this week tho. Great to see the added exercise in general having an impact on VO2 Max though YAY
@WineoclockOuch :frown: good advice from jools, you just need to do it for it to be effective :geek:
Ouch , ouch. Jillian really made me work yesterday (shred) felt ok and pleased that i coped with it all, and just a bit stiff and ouchy this morning in the calf area.
Max got it though :grin: :doh: :grin: another 15 minutes. 5 warm up, 5 20 secs up and 40 gasping like a stranded wet fish, 5 of moderate (2'45" for 500m)
@stowgate residentmy heart rate this morning was 125 after belting at it, less than previous. Don't know if it being the day after a fast has any effect. My resting HR is about 65, so not a lot of difference between us!
Have fun :shock: fellow HITTers
A quick sign in to say I've just completed hiit number one of week 4 i think! It was hard work today but i'm all warmed up now and feeling very pleased with myself.

I'm sure it's changing my shape. I'm pretty sure I've not lost weight because I haven't been fasting while away and using different scales but I got sent a pair of size 6 jeans by mistake instead of my now usual size 8 ( still can't quite beleive that is now my size!) and they fit! Not as comfortable as the 8s but still in shock.

I'm still very much a pear but just a quite small one now.

Well done Janeg :) Tim I'm sure you can manage some hiit on your treadmill. Just make sure the laptop is well away while you do!
Been slack since joining as been under the weather so started today.

Did my HIT before lunch so 3x 30 seconds at 12KPH as this is fastest treadmill will do.

Next ones scheduled for weds and friday.

Couple of questions though - If I do general exercise inbetween just walking will this negate any effects of the HIT? and to improve do I increase number of sessions or increase time per HIT so 4x30etc or to 3x40?

Thanks
Lea
Managed 5 mins bike, 25 mins Dreadthrill and another few mins on bike before 'phone rang! 2 x 30 seconds at a brisk walk/run. Doesn't sound much does it? But it's 30 mins + of what I was doing 2 weeks ago.
How are you getting on with your treadmill @Juliana.Rivers?
Hi, @barney77. I re-watched MM's Horizon program yesterday (it was on because some tennis match finished early) Although he was concentrating on HIT he did add that if you want to do other exercise, because you enjoy it, then that is fine and a health bonus.

With the HIT programme all he is attempting to do is to provide a quick, but effective, exercise regime which even exercise-phobic people (like me) can do. Of course, this doesn't mean that super-fit, exercise-lovers can't do it. too!

In the book he recommends strength training on alternate days - tho' I haven't ventured there yet! 'Fast Exercise' is a good read and worth getting. There are all sorts of offers on it either on-line or in shops. If you get it from Amazon, don't forget to use the link on this Forum, then it helps towards the running costs.

As you can tell, I'm no expert but I hope this helps and, if I've got it wrong, I'm sure someone will be along soon to set us right! :smile:
PennyForthem wrote: Managed 5 mins bike, 25 mins Dreadthrill and another few mins on bike before 'phone rang! 2 x 30 seconds at a brisk walk/run. Doesn't sound much does it? But it's 30 mins + of what I was doing 2 weeks ago.
How are you getting on with your treadmill @Juliana.Rivers?

don't ask.. yet. :grin: its not excuses but not yet. at least my arm is ok now so i can use resistance band again (carefully). im thinking it could have been banging on posts in the garden that strained it before
This evening was the first time exercising in 5 days. My daughter emigrating to Dubai sort of blew my exercise plans out of the water. It goes to show that even a short break can affect your stamina levels. I was really struggling on the torture machine (the X trainer that is) and the weights for the strength exercises were just that bit harder to lift.
#9 update. Keeping pretty much on track, Maxie the dog getting walked,more, gym sessions more regular and with HIT except the heat has made it harder as the gym is like a sauna. Giving it as good a go as able. Intentional break from fasting this week and will be back on track ASAP. Told this morning I was looking really skinny ... I am not ... but as they have never seen me in my gym gear I lapped up the compliments
I was thinking for those that are in this "club" you give yourself some kind of rating as to how you are doing HIT wise.

im not sure the right ranking but maybe

EXCELLENT
GOOD AND ON TRACK
FAIR
STALLED FOR HEALTH REASONS
POOR
HAVEN'T STARTED

Maybe can be in the siggy where you put your HIT goals/activities.

not something anyone wants to judge you on but good to note. not mandatory either
#17 checking in
Finished Fast Exercise over the weekend & decided the pattern I've set up is good. So, today I did my 8x20 secs w/1 min rest between. Doing a circuit of stairs, jumping jacks, running & fast high knees.
I plan to do that MWF this week, so I guess I'd rate myself good & on track.
I haven't started fast exercise yet but have ordered an exercise bike & am waiting for it to arrive so both my OH & I can get started. I'm thinking it will be more manageable than trying to run upstairs with my dodgy knees. I am still seeing a physio for my painful upper arm & have been told I need to strengthen my back to widen the gap in my shoulder joint! She has given me lots of exercises to do with weights & my resistance band that are all very boring. I wish it could just be zapped with ultrasound or something :frown:
So I hope to be joining in soon & well done to everyone who is already succeeding.
Isis wrote: I haven't started fast exercise yet but have ordered an exercise bike & am waiting for it to arrive so both my OH & I can get started. I'm thinking it will be more manageable than trying to run upstairs with my dodgy knees. I am still seeing a physio for my painful upper arm & have been told I need to strengthen my back to widen the gap in my shoulder joint! She has given me lots of exercises to do with weights & my resistance band that are all very boring. I wish it could just be zapped with ultrasound or something :frown:
So I hope to be joining in soon & well done to everyone who is already succeeding.

re exercise bike.. nice. What kind did you get. years ago i was going to get one and got confused by the choices.
Hello Juliana I chose an Ultrasport Exercise F-Bike & a Velo anatomical gel saddle cover. They were both highly recommended on Amazon & the bike folds up for easier storage. I'm hoping it will help to tone up my legs, thighs & derrière :grin: & because it is described as silent when in use to watch TV rather than just sitting in my armchair!
Hi - #6 here - no excuses - I have just put off starting until today. Anyway - I plunged in with a DVD of Bootcamp style exercise......3 hours later and a long bath later I have just about recovered - until Thursday when I'll do it again!

ps - no idea how to add to signature - sorry!
Previous 1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 33 Next
495 posts Page 18 of 33