The FastDay Forum

Getting Sweaty! Exercise & Fitness

1467 posts Page 31 of 98
Previous 1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34 ... 98 Next
Re: Are there any runners here?
28 Sep 2013, 09:49
I did it! Power shuffled the whole way, and I wasn't last (quite) - goal was under 40 mins - think I did about 37, but phone battery ran out just before the finish so I will have to wait for the official time, to be sure. If the record on the phone is right I did it faster than I have in practise so I am well pleased :grin:
How did everyone else do? I was amused to be lapped by a youngster when I had done about a km.
And what a beautiful morning!

Note to self - charge phone on Friday evening!
28 Sep 2013, 12:57
Morning parkrunners - how did it go today?

My own attempt started well but tailed off a bit to end with 23:54, which after 111 parkrun happens to be my average time... I had stopped worrying about setting off too fast but I guess I had better start worrying again!

OH managed to get round despite a painful Achilles, dressed as the Wicked Queen from Snow White (complete with apple) because it was fancy-dress on a royal theme for our
Parkrun's 3rd anniversary. She might make the local paper, she did look wicked!

Oh, and well done lassemista! Not a bad time at all for a first attempt...
28 Sep 2013, 15:00
Well done Pete and lassemista :like:
Pete you didn't say what you went as today, and are there pics of you and Her Majesty?
I'm afraid last night's curry and wine evening left me feeling too jaded to run this morning - I am seriously considering fasting next friday to ensure a sober evening.
OH and I went for a long walk (7.5 km) instead. We got lost and got rained on, but it was good to be outside.
29 Sep 2013, 16:22
Pair of Queens.pdf
(143.42 KiB) Downloaded 52 times

Hi SianS, here is a picture of self & Deb at the end of parkrun.
My attempts at a witty alternative to a costume was the picture of bells in the order 1,3,5,7,2,4,6,8 which ringers call 'Queens' - only a couple of people asked what it meant and only one got the significance, with a little help, so it was not terribly successful!

Didn't she look good though?
29 Sep 2013, 18:00
Fabulous Pete!!!
30 Sep 2013, 08:00
I think that is waaayyyy too subtle Pete. Great pic of you both though. A good time as well.

The first one is always the hardest lassemista. A great start and now you will also realise (I hope) how much fun it is to do.
30 Sep 2013, 17:28
Trouble is that I now need some new running shoes to deal with the plantar facsiitis - going for gait analysis tomorrow.
30 Sep 2013, 18:34
My own personal park run this weekend was 7.2km in 45min. Not too bad - I've only been doing this for 3 weeks remember.

I seem to have formulated a goal; 10k in under one hour. Technically, I should be able to do that soon yes? :D
30 Sep 2013, 18:45
My goal is also a 10k but I would be happy with a sub 75minute. I don't seem to be able to train as often as is needed. I can manage 5k in 35m at the moment so need to step it up if I have any chance of even finishing a 10k without stopping!
30 Sep 2013, 21:52
Fasterstronger - you are probably very close to doing your 10k in an hour. Are you mixing your training up so that some runs are shorter and faster, some longer and slower? A small amount of fast running can make a big difference, as long as you don't hurt yourself.

fifipye - you will get there in the end, and running will get easier as you shed the excess pounds. I reckon you are doing pretty well already and your target is not that far out of reach...

Good luck to both of you!
04 Oct 2013, 10:18
So who all is parkrunning tomorrow? I gather it is a special 9th anniversary run.
I am looking forward to it - new shoes an' all.
I have been upping the speed on my short runs, so with care I hope for a better time.
Andrea.
04 Oct 2013, 12:29
Not sure whether I am running or not tomorrow. I have had a chaotic week and will decide when I get up in the morning. The weather forecast is looking good for tomorrow which is a definite plus factor.

Good luck to everyone who ventures out.
04 Oct 2013, 12:43
I'm running but OH is being run director again, her Achilles is still not better. Good luck Andrea with your new-found speed, and I hope Simon manages to get up in good time!
04 Oct 2013, 12:46
Thanks Pete - speed may be putting it a bit strongly - perhaps trot rather than shuffle.......
Previous 1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34 ... 98 Next
1467 posts Page 31 of 98