The FastDay Forum

Getting Sweaty! Exercise & Fitness

1467 posts Page 34 of 98
Previous 1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 ... 98 Next
Re: Are there any runners here?
19 Oct 2013, 12:41
Hi Sian, and the rest of you - I did a bit better today, 24:29, which is still below par but nearly a minute faster than last week. Felt more like a runner than a limper... I suspect MaryAnn is probably running at the moment, expect to hear from her soon!
19 Oct 2013, 14:55
Well done Pete - I was nursing a bit of a strain, so slower, but pleased to finish with plenty of gas in the tank, and no sore foot. Then watched the boy play a tennis match which set the foot off again :frown: . Standing seems to be the worst thing for it.
Does anyone know what I might be doing to make the muscle just below my bum hurt?
19 Oct 2013, 16:36
28:17 this morning, a measly ONE second off my PB!

The paths were quite slippy with wet leaves, so I wasn't hurtling down the hills just as fast as I usuaully do.
20 Oct 2013, 11:26
Checking in a bit late because my phone ran out of juice (much like me at about 19k). I finished in 2h55m, which is better than I expected. It was a beautiful run-we got a sunset and an almost full moon. There were some long patches in the dark which weren't great (I'm really afraid of falling)-I stupidly forgot my knuckle lights. The Iheya islanders cheering us on made for a great atmosphere. I found a bit of energy at the end to 'sprint' to the finish, but ended up hyperventilating and nearly collapsing. It was a great experience and I'm hoping to try again if this one hasn't left me permanently crippled. (Right knee and quads still a bit unhappy)
20 Oct 2013, 16:11
Great achievement Mary Ann!

I was working on smiling while I run. Running is mental- I find if I smile, give cheery Paul Mccartney thumbs-up to the Marshall's and stewards, say "hi gorgeous!" To the other dogs I pass, and wave to children, then I'm half way to convincing my head that I'm having fun.
20 Oct 2013, 16:18
I agree Melanie. One of the best running things I did was to run the Manchester Marathon with a picture of Pingu on my t-shirt. (long standing family joke after the way I was walking after I ran the London Marathon) The shouts of "come on Pingu" and the sounds of the kids laughing after I passed really spurred me on. It made a hard experience really rewarding.
22 Oct 2013, 10:15
I love all the Park Run statisitcs! Did you know there's a list of the 500 best times for each venue? I'm currently 499 on ours -will have to have a good time this week to keep on the list!

Does anyone use MapMyRun - what's the best way to use voice feedback to check on pace/ speed while running?
26 Oct 2013, 10:50
Morning, parkrunners! Having limped around all week with hip pains from the climbing walls I did not expect much today but running turned out OK, recording 24:37 and having a slow start, effectively the same as last week. Must be happy with that, hardly did any proper exercise all week although I have walked a few miles every day and biked with Mrs Pete - and fell off again, in the same way as August but without the broken wrist this time thank goodness...
Hope you all had good runs, looking forward to hearing from you!
26 Oct 2013, 12:01
Hi there Pete et al,
I knew it wasn't going to be a fast time when I woke up slightly jaded from last night's wine, so 29:18 wasn't entirely unexpected, at least it was sub 30 mins. In 2 weeks a new run starts significantly closer to home,so I will go along and see what it's like but would be sad to leave the Maidstone people.
26 Oct 2013, 14:16
Smashed it. 50 seconds off my previous pb, gone from 499 to 467 on the 500 best times table, and from 245 to 202 on the age graded table. And I'm top of the ladies points table. Not that I'm competitive or anything!

Smiling from ear to ear at 27.25, achieved by using the voice feedback thingy on mapmyrun.
26 Oct 2013, 15:45
Crikey, Well Done Melanie.

I saw you ask the question about voice feedback, I'm glad you sorted it out :like:
26 Oct 2013, 18:27
Ohhh get you and your blog!

Thanks for that :smile:
28 Oct 2013, 10:13
Wow! What a massive PB improvement. Well done Melanie and nice blogging as well.
02 Nov 2013, 11:22
Morning Runners,
I nearly didn't go to parkrun this morning, too much wine last night, but it was too nice a morning to miss so went. A road was closed which meant I was diverted, and got there without much time to spare. And despite all of this I knocked 9 seconds of my PB, finishing in 28.22. Yippee
I was 127th out of a huge field of 225 and 2nd in my Age Category.
A new run starts much closer to home next week so I said my goodbyes to the Maidstone organiser, and promised to come back if the other lot are not as nice.
Previous 1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 ... 98 Next
1467 posts Page 34 of 98