The FastDay Forum

Getting Sweaty! Exercise & Fitness

777 posts Page 47 of 52
Previous 1 ... 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50 ... 52 Next
Re: Walking tent
17 Mar 2015, 08:25
Not only my hip but also my knees are joining in being tetchy @Lizbean, growing old is not for the faint-hearted is it! I'm hoping my restarting 5:2, as well as my usual 16:8, will help skim off the winter half stone that's accumulated round me, and the curcumin capsules have already lessened my bronchial cough since Saturday hurrah!
An electric piano @Sallyo, terrific, love live music.
I've never owned a dog @GMH but used to walk my Mums friends toy poodle when young, a sweet little thing. Grandsons told me we should get a dog when our elderly cat dies!
Where shall we go today?
20 Mar 2015, 16:00
Managed the 2 mile river walk in sunshine today, my hips screaming loudly to stop but I kept moving forward anyway :0)
A very friendly robin came and sat on the fence next to us and sang it's heart out, so special.
21 Mar 2015, 00:51
oh dear, Azurblue.
i hope walking is the right exercise for you at the moment! It doesn't sound good.
21 Mar 2015, 10:54
I'm trying to go with this @Sallyo, kill or cure :0@

http://www.themusculoskeletalelf.net/is ... -function/
21 Mar 2015, 12:30
Others may say differently, but when the OH needed a hip replacement, he was told to take the car, the lift etc, the opposite from heart advice. After his hip was replaced, he was encouraged to take up walking again. Have you had any medical advice?
21 Mar 2015, 16:33
A few years ago when my hip first got noticeable I saw the doc who referred me to the hospital who took X-rays and gave me physio but said only a bit of arthritis and some bursitis but don't really know *shrug*.
I hope for the best and take glucosamine tabs, fish oil caps, curcumin caps ...
I'll go back and make a fuss if it gets worse, meanwhile a couple of miles walking is my limit currently.
Many thanks for your concern :0)
22 Mar 2015, 20:14
Well walking was a challenge in the filthy weekend weather plus my little Danny has limping paw problems. Still I managed 10,000 steps Saturday and Sunday over 17,000. I must say the Fitbit makes me soldier on, makes me more accountable, rather than sitting on my bum saying I don't want to walk in this weather. I just put Danny in his dog pram for 2nd walk to beach, then I let him walk on beach. Humbug has to do all walks on his legs :-) both dogs needing to lose weight poor devils, 600 gms for Humbug and 1.5kg Danny. I'm thinking of giving them normal food one day, less food next day, rather than less food every day, they are looking at me like I'm starving them. Bit of IF doggie style I think :-)
22 Mar 2015, 21:18
Hello fellow walkers! :) I haven't visited this tent for a while, so have not tried to read all the posts since I last did...

Glad to hear that your dogs are getting walked @GMH, and that you are managing the 10000 steps a day. It does make a difference. My doggies won't be getting walked while we are away... Just can't get DS to take them.

Have done some lovely short walks so far while here in Tassie. We are visiting the north west coast first - we drove past the turnoff for Forth @Sallyo, and I thought of you and your broken wrist. Hope your recovery is going smoothly. On Saturday we did a 2 hour walk in the eastern part of the Rocky Cape NP, and yesterday we did a lot of rock scrambling along the west coast and a couple of delightful rainforest walks in the prisitine environment of the Tarkine. Raining at the moment, but hopefully clearing as there is lots more we want to see.

Enjoy your walks everyone! :)
23 Mar 2015, 02:31
@Sassy1 mine get walked every day, rain, hail or shine twice on my days off usually u could get a dog walker to walk ur beasts next time u away, I have walked many dogs with lazy kids at home :-) ps I have walked 381,000 steps so far this month. Your trip sounds gorgeous, maybe we should all go visit Sallyo :wink:
23 Mar 2015, 05:26
yesvplease! typing up the creek. @Sassy1, you have my number - call in!
06 Apr 2015, 11:26
Hi @Sallyo I hope you are recovering well and it's not too long before you return to the forum, tippy, tippy typing. No walking for me today. I'm spring cleaning and later on doing some work work. I plan to join this walk after work on Thursday evening, 18 people have signed up so far.
"This shall be a medium paced walk. We shall set off at 6.45pm and proceed to walk past the Serpentine in Hyde Park, the length of Green Park passing by Buckingham Palace to then walk by St James Park lake. At Embankment we shall walk by The Thames to London Bridge whereupon we shall have a drink at a pub by The Monument. The walk is almost 5 miles in length, we shall be walking at some speed and aim to be in the pub by 8.30pm".
06 Apr 2015, 18:25
I've actually exceeded the magic 10k steps today on a visit to the seaside. Freezing when we arrived, the sun burned the cloud away by 1pm and beach combing was essential. A very good day out :0)
10 Apr 2015, 11:44
Hello walkers: I'm back! I started walking yesterday and went up the hill. Today I did along the flat. Yesterday i didn't make 10,000 steps but today I did. I am finding it very challenging after being so lazy for so long. I'm adding walking into the DODO challenge. Everyday walking. No excuses. I know I will feel better and less tired if I do it.
10 Apr 2015, 13:39
I'm struggling to get in my 7500 steps because I have been spending so much time in the garden, tidying up and trying to get ahead of the weeds. It seems a shame to be walking when I could be weeding! Anyone else have this problem?
10 Apr 2015, 22:00
Yep, I know exactly what you mean. Isn't it annoying when you've been beavering away in the garden only to find that hardly any steps have registered? Still, I'm sure that being active is good anyway, and much better than sitting about.
Previous 1 ... 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50 ... 52 Next
777 posts Page 47 of 52