The FastDay Forum

Getting Sweaty! Exercise & Fitness

777 posts Page 50 of 52
Previous 1 ... 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52 Next
Re: Walking tent
20 Jul 2015, 17:01
3pm, 4500, 6pm 6700, about to leave home and walk to my next meeting ........... cadging a lift home though!
@Tracieknits I googled Saratoga springs and it took me to FLORIDA! Re-locating sounds fun :clover: :cool:
20 Jul 2015, 18:38
LOL relocating would be fun, but not to Florida! Ew!!
20 Jul 2015, 19:56
OK, I'm posting here as a commitment; when I first started 5:2, I was walking daily at a local park with a path. I've been plateaued for awhile, and think I need to start the regular walking again. Yes, I'm skating and dancing, but those are situational and I need something more consistent. I got into the habit of going with my son, but he's an ambler and likes to stroll around places; exercise-wise, I do better on a track and walking as fast as I can. So, the weather today is cooperating--has cooled down, 90+F this weekend, feels like low 70s today--so, after work, I'll be heading out with my mp3 and walkin' shoes! :grin:
20 Jul 2015, 21:10
Hi @Ferretgal yes it's great to re-commit or find new commitments, so good luck with speed walking in the HEAT :clover: I stroll these days with my left knee, to keep it in good working order, losing 23lbs means no more day to day pain but I do need to be realistic. So - I'm home and finally tally is 8384 and that includes 8 meetings where I sat on my but :shock: - time to give my brain a rest :bugeyes: :cool:
@Tracieknits I hope you fulfil your dreams :clover:
21 Jul 2015, 23:02
OK, so I did my walk yesterday, doing it again today...not hot yesterday, a bit cooler today, so NO EXCUSES! Just told my son I can't walk with him, his style just doesn't work for me. Not that I'll never walk with him, but need to do my own thing most days. My previous commitment--not terribly ambitious, but doable--was at least a mile a day.
21 Jul 2015, 23:34
@ferretgal good luck :clover: :victory: I managed 5,900 today, aiming for more tomorrow......
22 Jul 2015, 07:12
Yesterday I managed 6300 with the help of a speedy grandson who lapped me so often I felt dizzy (it was round his garden so he was allowed).
Today's grandsons, very different pair, generally keep me on my toes but I see rain is due when they are so hey-ho, we'll have to see.
Happy walking folks :0)
26 Jul 2015, 13:09
It's raining, it's pouring, no walking today :frown: How's the commitment going @Ferretgal?
26 Jul 2015, 17:57
Ghastly, I'm on 1798 today :0@
Wet wet wet and I'm not a duck :umbrella: :rain: :thunder: :duck:
27 Jul 2015, 00:57
Going pretty good; made five days in a row, danced yesterday so didn't walk. Raining today...eh, will try to get out there; actually appreciating the rain, since we haven't had any rain to speak of since early June! But not sure about walking in it... :bugeyes:
27 Jul 2015, 06:15
Yep, got out on a local trail (the Burke-Gilman, if anyone cares!) and walked, the sun was out by then and the rain made it all nice and fresh. BTW, if anyone checks Wikipedia about the trail, I know the orange cat in the picture...who I think has passed away, we haven't seen him in almost a year... :cry: We put our skates on near to that spot; once when we were getting our gear on, he (the cat) ran into the bushes, and appeared a moment later with a little mole (!).
27 Jul 2015, 06:35
Yesterday was a complete wash out and today is not looking promising. Pedometer is ready and I'm off to work shortly. I'll be getting off the buses two stops early and I have errands to do at lunchtime. Will report back later .....
01 Aug 2015, 11:26
Darn it! I've lost my pedometer. :frown: Checked bags, sofa, floors. Not a great start to my 2 week holiday and pushing the walking to the limit. I think it's gone forever and a shopping trip is required...........
01 Aug 2015, 11:53
That's bad luck, I'm much addicted to my Omron One. Hope it turns up or a bargain is found x
01 Aug 2015, 12:22
So annoying @Lizbean. Have you looked deep in the armchairs. I have found them there, hidden.
Previous 1 ... 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52 Next
777 posts Page 50 of 52