The FastDay Forum

Getting Sweaty! Exercise & Fitness

777 posts Page 52 of 52
Previous 1 ... 48, 49, 50, 51, 52 Next
Re: Walking tent
08 Nov 2015, 20:34
About 7000 steps in all today but my duff hip went all unnecessary towards the end and slowed me right down :0(
Ageing joints are, quite literally, a pain!
Keep stepping folks :0)
08 Nov 2015, 22:20
Just back, hot and sweaty, from 6 laps around the block. My neighbours, 2 poodles and a baby in a pram plus me. Wonderful start to a busy day. I'm doing this 4 times a week now and we all keep each other on track.
09 Nov 2015, 15:05
ok I need to get in on this. My job is a deskjob and my new samsung phone is measuring my steps. I'm dong about 19mins of walking a day during the day and outside of that I'm sitting all the time. I can feel myself getting more and more sedentary. My dogs need to be walked aswell so the intention is to get 20mins in Mon-Sat this week and see how it goes. The things that can go against me is OH is travelling. So when I get home from work, I'd have to go straight away so that baby's sleep isn't disturbed. The weather here is pretty manky and my baby was premature and has low immunity so hoping for a bit of luck that it will be mild Tues, Wed and Thurs when I'm on my own
09 Nov 2015, 20:28
@Azureblue take care my dear, easy does it. I'm up for a long but gentle walk (cos of my wobbly and arthritic knee) this weekend ..... I can't wait to get out there! :lol:
10 Nov 2015, 05:08
Wow! I can't believe I missed that post. I'm a walking aficionado. I think it is the most natural exercise there is. As a nomadic species, humans were "born" to walk. Okay... Enough of the Attenborough speech. ;) I always try to slip a couple of walks during the course of a week, sometimes more, depending on how busy and tired I am, and also on the weather. I find that if I don't walk for any length of time, I get antsy, grumpy, depressed, and I don't sleep very well. I reckon it's not just the activity that helps my mood... It's the fresh air, the much needed vitamin D from the sun, and simply reconnecting with Momma Nature.
11 Nov 2015, 10:38
This piece by marksdailyapple struck a chord with me.
http://www.marksdailyapple.com/15-alter ... more-57010
Walking meditation anyone?
:0)
01 Feb 2016, 00:00
Azureblue wrote: This piece by marksdailyapple struck a chord with me.
http://www.marksdailyapple.com/15-alter ... more-57010
Walking meditation anyone?
:0)

Thank you @Azureblue for the wonderful link. I came to this thread looking for walking inspiration, this is much more. I will see what I can do.
01 Feb 2016, 17:05
Walking is hard in a gusting gale I found today! My best recently has been 8500ish steps but it's mostly quite a bit less :0(
Spring is with us now in the north so let's get back out there folks, breathe in deeply and move those limbs and relax our minds (Om) :0)
For those in Southern Hemispheres you have the colours of Autumn to spur you forwards (send us some warm sun m'dears) :0)
25 Feb 2016, 17:13
A measly 4600 steps today, though I have been up to 7000s recently. I have a tendency to stop and turn to the sun when it's out, close my eyes, and drink in the bright (tiny) warmth like a sunflower. Eventually I get going again :0)
On today's wander round a country park with a reservoir within it, I spotted an osprey dozing high in a tree. An early arrival and very welcome. Blackthorn blossoms every where and hawthorn breaking bud into leaf too. Spring is boinging about :0D
How are you all doing?
26 Feb 2016, 04:27
Such a lovely picture you paint, @Azureblue. Sounds like something in an English novel. I am walking most week days: with the neighbourhood team, now grown to 3 neighbours, plus 3 dogs and one baby and me. Today we had someone's visiting mum as well. Vicki and her dog only do one lap as the dog refuses to do any more. Today we had a bit of drama as one of the dogs, Polly, a silly little white poodle, was stung by a bee. She was carried by her mistress and then she threw up violently. Everyone went into a spin! Luckily we were near Jackie's house so she rushed up and got the car and Jackie, Polly and Mum headed off to the vet. Kylie and I and the baby kept walking around the block and I met them returning. Oh, the 3rd dog wasn't there today. She is unwell. Polly had received anti-histamines and cortisone and was staying under observation at the vet. Jackie was in tears. Oh the dramas of being a dog owner. I need to do extra walking at the moment as I have developed a sore back. It's ok when I walk, ok when I sit, but getting up from sitting to standing is very hard. Bending is hard. I think it's the dreaded 'old age' but I must walk walk walk. I parked the car a distance from where I was going today so that was helpful. But now I want to sit at my desk and do desk stuff. Nice to know spring is coming at your end. We had to have a break from walking a while back because of bush fire smoke. That seems to be under control now. We had a big rain. At last.
28 Feb 2016, 01:27
Hi there,

may I join in? :smile:
I have been walking (nordic walking, that is) on and off for quite a while. At the moment I am off... sigh. Blame it on the heat and high humidity. When it's about 85 % humidity, I just can't breath. Trust me, I tried! During summer I have to get up and go walking at least about 5 am or earlier. Once the sun is out I am dying...
I so need to get started again! Get up and take my walking poles and just go.
It seems I am the only one doing nordic walking in Australia, at least where I live. But now people are used to see that strange lady - skiing without skies. :grin:
I usually do 8-10 km a day IF I get myself out of the house.

justme
28 Feb 2016, 19:03
what a fabulous forum. I badly need to get back walking. We lost our beautiful weimaraner abour 6 weeks ago and its not quite the same walking by myself. However we are rehousing a westhighland white at easter weekend so break out the shoes again. Thanks again for this forum.
Previous 1 ... 48, 49, 50, 51, 52 Next
777 posts Page 52 of 52