The FastDay Forum

Getting Sweaty! Exercise & Fitness

777 posts Page 51 of 52
Previous 1 ... 48, 49, 50, 51, 52 Next
Re: Walking tent
01 Aug 2015, 12:42
:grin: @Sallyo @Azureblue
FOUND it! And yes Sallyo it was deep in the sofa - thanks :wink:
I walked to the hairdresser for a 9am appointment and back home ...... off shortly to White Stuff as they have a summer sale on and I'm struggling for summer clothes as I have not bought anything this summer and some old favourites are looking very sad, will do me for next summer. Will pop into the charity shops too.
This evening I'm walking 4 miles to a friends birthday - it's nice evening for a garden party. I shall catch a cab home.
03 Aug 2015, 18:40
Been keeping up my walking--at least a mile a day--except for last Tuesday, when I spent the day at the office (70 miles one way) and didn't get back till nearly 8pm, I was whipped and I skipped! :dazed:

I am finding that NOT using the pedometer and mp3 are helping me be more "in tune" with both my body and environment, so am able to enjoy my walks more, rather than doing it as a form of self-punishment! :?: Hopefully, it's the consistency more than the distance that matters. I had to skip my beloved dance meetup on Saturday; I was severely sleep deprived and needed that extra couple of hours desperately. I have a mild form of delayed sleep phase syndrome and cannot nap; it makes it impossible to sleep that night, so is counterproductive.
03 Aug 2015, 19:38
@ferretgal absolutely, if it feels like punishment or calorie counting, I'm out. I do find it informative when I'm not working and rushing around like a bat out of hell, and when it's time for a relaxing long walk, knowing my steps at the end of day is a bit like fasting - a good dose of mindfulness. :cool:
06 Aug 2015, 16:18
Morning: Got up, got out, walked my walk.
Afternoon: went shopping, walked a country walk up a hill to a 13th century church and back down.
Hurrah!
Listened to the cricket test match ... Sorry Oz!
09 Aug 2015, 10:45
It's a glorious day here in London - 25c. A friend is over from Qatar so we are having a big picnic party in Regent's Park. I will be walking part the way there and back as our friend broke her foot sometime ago and is still hobbling around. Looking forward to a long and leisurely walk ....... I have my ped :wink:
29 Aug 2015, 15:22
OH decided to take us steam train spotting today, and the garage trying to mend our broken car took pity on us and lent us a dinky red Fiat 500, so off to Peterborough we tootled.
As we arrived so did the rather splendid Tornado steam train, so that was good. We walked along the river Great Ouse a-ways and back then along the other side of the river to catch Tornado again and a smaller engine going the other way.
Home now and recorded a good step score of 7537 or 5.59km hurrah!
We watched swans flying over us with that strange noise their wings make, looking enormous but so gracefully landing on the river. Lots of dragonflies every where too :0)
Onward, forward, progressing!
29 Aug 2015, 17:16
@Azureblue thank goodness for thoughtful garage owners :grin: Your river walk sounds wonderful, I don't know the area but I do love steam trains. I've been naughty today ..... work, work ...... now watching Wallace and Gromit, Curse of the were-rabbit .....
29 Aug 2015, 17:49
Brilliant wasn't it, love that rabbit! Have a lovely restful evening :0)
02 Sep 2015, 07:53
Right. This is It. I have put on 5 kg. My lung function test is 20% worse than it was 6 years ago. So I have to get myself back on the walking track. No excuses. I have the choice to be a fat, sick old woman or a fit, energetic healthy one, somewhat slimmer. I chose the 2nd, but it won't happen by magic. I have to Do It. I'll let you know tomorrow how I go.
02 Sep 2015, 09:44
Hello @Sallyo - good plan. Hope we can both be on here regularly now, I know I need to - I've got my sons wedding in Dec. I also go to the gym now about twice a week as well as water aerobics.

Spring has sprung in Melbourne - we've had sunshine the last few days - nice to see.
I've been out walking and I've seen a host of golden Daffodils, pink blossoms, wattle trees - and unfortunately the dreaded Jasmine which I am allergic to so I need to cross to the other side and back again.

Cheers
Maggie. :smile:
03 Sep 2015, 07:15
My grandsons encouraged me out yesterday, they're all keen to see my pedometer on high numbers, made over 7000 with their help.
03 Oct 2015, 22:37
It's a lovely warm morning here in Melbourne, with another fine warm day forecast. :smile:
I have increased the daily walks to now morning and early evening - each about 30-40 mins as well as the gym sessions twice per week doing cardio and resistance training as well as Tai Chi on Tuesdays. Scales are not budging but I feel lighter, clothes are less tight and eating is going well. My Dr. and dietician both tell me it will happen!

Pounding the pavement is not ideal but I have no choice - at least I see some lovely established homes and gardens, I have to pretend I am on the beach or in a meadow! I'm doing a lot of thinking whilst walking, which I am not sure is a good thing or a bad thing!! Hee hee hee! :lol:

Take care everybody,
cheers Maggie :smile:
04 Oct 2015, 15:46
I'm a terrible slothful lazy sluggard today :shock: and hoping tomorrow's fast day will sharpen me up and at 'em :bugeyes: as the will to move seems to have run away recently.
Could it be the seasons turning, nights drawing in, sunrise after 7 making me so dormouse-like?
Got. To. Get. Moving.
Keep at it out there :like: :clover:
04 Oct 2015, 16:19
abandoned the decorating and went out for a somewhat chilly walk . Autumn is hitting.
Returned with half a pound of brambles which are now steeping in bourbon.
Result!
08 Nov 2015, 19:14
Hello all, how does it go? :)

Recently, I started incorporating more walking to my schedule. It's a lovely autumn here, very warm and sunny, so it helps a lot.
This weekend I did 20 km total, I'm really happy.
I don't have much time for walking during the week (and I work about 5 minutes from my flat, so...) - 3x a week I have training session to which I go directly from work and usually just about in time, after it I have to go home immediately. Also, it gets dark very early and I'm afraid of strange people.
So, I try to get outside and walk every weekend, so far so good.
Previous 1 ... 48, 49, 50, 51, 52 Next
777 posts Page 51 of 52