The FastDay Forum

Fasting today?

Every day there will be a new topic in this forum for today's fasters to chat & support each other.
Please don't make extra threads in here besides the daily fasting threads, if you've got a question please post it in the relevant forum or ask in today's 'Fasting Today' thread, thank you.

93 posts Page 4 of 7
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 Next
Morning everyone and welcome to the new fasters !

After the desastrous last week, I'll try to eat better this week. The heat wave hit me hard, in a sense that fasting is way too easy and feast days are really really hard.

So this week I'll fast today, wednesday and friday and will do 16:8 the other days. :wink:
I'm in again today. Almost forgot until I saw this post. Luckily I've stopped eating breakfast so no damage done. Think this might be an easy fast as I'm not at all hungry.

Good luck everyone
I'm in today and have bought an M&S fuller for longer meal for me and husband tonight. That's the first time we've taken the ready made option, but I needed a change from the ubiquitous veggie wok stirfry with prawns or turkey. Have to say the portion looks a bit small :((
I also wanted to try it, cos it says "balanced carbs" on the lid. I struggle to sleep after a fast day (took sleeping pills last week) and think it might be cos I'm borderline hypoglycaemic by the evening. Will be interesting to see if I sleep better...
Hi all,

I will be definitely fasting today - probably weds and Friday too (although maybe not a strict 500 cals on Friday).

Hourglass - I am starting to find it difficult to sleep after a fast day due to feeling very hungry and quite wired. I've found reserving some calories for a couple of oatcakes really helps - they are carby so help release whatever it is that helps you feel sleepy and takes the edge off the hunger enough to sleep.
Dear All,
Fasting today after a rough weekend. Gained back a few so back on track seriously this week. Still loving the ease of this way of life!
Good morning, new to the forum and wanted to say hi. I have decided to start the 5:2 diet today and have decided to fast today. Any tips?
Hello everybody :) I'm fasting today after a too indulgent weekend. Thinking I'll do Wednesday as well this week. Two more days of school for the kids so fitting my fasting days in while they're there still.
I'm fasting today. As is usual for Monday. I have a dentist appt early this morning. I guess perfect day for that!
I had a veggie bean burger at a popular restaurant last night that sat like a rock in my stomach all night. :cry: Still feeling yuck this morning. I'm beginning to think restaurants are not the best choice, and too expensive to boot. :geek:
I am fasting for the first time in months! Stayed out all morning to keep me away from food. Am now having a big mug of black coffee. Planning to have chicken salad tonight. Am feeling hungry but know that is not serious! :victory:
Will head out again soon to keep me on track. Drinking lots of water which is not hard as it is so hot here. :grin:
It is very important I stick with this today as I am having to fight the demons all over again. :shock:
Welcome, kate23! Lots of tips on this forum but I would start with these.

Keep busy!
Keep hydrated!
Remember that hunger pangs are transient, they will pass - not just get worse and worse!
No-one has died from missing a meal or two!
If you can't eat it today, there is always tomorrow!

Welcome back Bobshouse. Nice to hear from you again. At least you know what to do and how to do it - now you've just got to keep your demons at bay!

Good luck to all fasting today. Onwards and downwards!
Hang in there, newbies and also returnees, who haven't fasted for a while and are starting again. It will soon be over and then you can eat what you like. I'm nearly done now. It hasnt' been too bad. I did get a bit peckish in the 4-6 patch and there was a casserole of tomato macaroni on the bench, left overs from yesterday, and a mushroom tart - puff pastry - which it was hard not to pick at. OK. I admit i did eat a very small slice of the tart and eat one or two pieces of macaroni. Dinner was a warming soup made from the Christmas ham bone, and tins of tomatoes, various beans, chorizo, and lots of parsely. It filled us up. Now it's bed time. No hot chocolate.
Count me in for my first fast of the week. :grin: :coffee:
Morning all!

It's been too hot for bouillon, so instead I've been sipping on home made iced tea - a green tea bag infused with lime and basil. Very pleasant! I'll be having miso soup at lunchtime, and I'm going to try a zumba class this evening, so I probably wont eat till after that - loads of salad veggies in the fridge.
Phew, so I went from 7pm last night til 6:30 without any food!

I just had dinner of baked salmon, cauliflower, broc and green beans. Now the weird thing is I didn't feel I needed to eat but now I've eaten I could go on and on!! I'm worried how I'm going to lose weight if I eat what I want tomorrow. Does your appetite change?
greenmonster wrote: Hi all,

Hourglass - I am starting to find it difficult to sleep after a fast day due to feeling very hungry and quite wired. I've found reserving some calories for a couple of oatcakes really helps - they are carby so help release whatever it is that helps you feel sleepy and takes the edge off the hunger enough to sleep.

I am having the same experience. I feel hyper alert all day and all evening. I save enough calories for an orange at around 9 pm and quickly feel more relaxed and get off to sleep easily.
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 Next
93 posts Page 4 of 7