The FastDay Forum

Fasting today?

Every day there will be a new topic in this forum for today's fasters to chat & support each other.
Please don't make extra threads in here besides the daily fasting threads, if you've got a question please post it in the relevant forum or ask in today's 'Fasting Today' thread, thank you.

72 posts Page 3 of 5
Oh no @Ssure - I hope that you are feeling better soon and it's nothing a good night's rest won't fix.
carieoates wrote: Good morning everyone, I'm in today but not well. The hubs has the flu it seems, been bad for at least five days now.
So how many cals in a beechams? Four,

Night nurse and tea so far, doing ok considering. Am currently boiling up celeriac and potatoes for shepherds pie topping for tonight. No class for me tonight, a bit fed up but feeling a lot better thanks to the over counter medication.
Ps don't tell anyone but I've been adding celeriac to the mash a lot these days and no ones noticed.
I'm with you today. My second fast of the year because I fasted on Saturday. I have been to Pilates this morning - first time for five weeks, then food shopping. I also visited a couple of gyms to suss out which might best to help me with some muscle strengthening. I am reluctant to sign up for a year because I may well hate it! Anyway, I have eaten a pear and am rather cross with myself because I didn't even need it! I only ate it because it was there when I was unpacking the shopping - I shouldn't be doing that after nearly two years of 5:2. It certainly comes under the heading of unmindful eating!!
Keep going fellow fasters! We can do it! Onwards and downwards! :smile:
Recommitting today! Before American Thanksgiving I was within a pound of my final maintaining-forever goal weight...and now I'm eight lbs above it. :curse:

Today is coffee and green juice and sweet potato soup and telling myself that the first one is always the hardest. Recommitting to 5:2 and to 16:8 on nonfast days. Happy happy new year all!
carieoates wrote:
carieoates wrote: Good morning everyone, I'm in today but not well. The hubs has the flu it seems, been bad for at least five days now.
So how many cals in a beechams? Four,

Night nurse and tea so far, doing ok considering. Am currently boiling up celeriac and potatoes for shepherds pie topping for tonight. No class for me tonight, a bit fed up but feeling a lot better thanks to the over counter medication.
Ps don't tell anyone but I've been adding celeriac to the mash a lot these days and no ones noticed.

Ooooh that sounds good! I have trouble finding celeriac for a reasonable price, but next time I see a fresh one I may have to try that. I hope hubs is better soon!
Good on you, @Rieur, for getting back to 5:2 so promptly. I have found (on the many occasions that I have gained back ten or twelve pounds! :cry: ), that they shift quite easily- provided you deal with them quickly. You'll be at your target weight in no time at all! :clover: Good luck! :clover:
While I did maintain my fasting schedule over the holidays, I did indulge more than normal on non-fast days. So many sweets and wine, so little time. :wink: I am looking forward to a week of IF without holidays and parties.
On my second cup of coffee this morning.
I have been fasting too.. and it was easy to keep myself on track... lokking forward for my 500 cal dinner soon :lol:
Hi, I'm in. It is only 11:15 am and I already want to eat! I can usually go until 3pm on fast days without feeling hungry at all! so, I am sipping tea and will have another cup as well, hoping that will take my mind off food. I cook turnips and mash them with potatoes all the time. My son never notices the difference and has even helped me make shepherd's pie with turnips. I aim to have him cook with me every Sunday and he is in charge of the menu. He needs to learn to cook. (I've read that you can add cauliflower to mashed potatoes as well.)
Anyway, time to put the kettle on for another cuppa. Good luck all!
Mary C wrote: While I did maintain my fasting schedule over the holidays, I did indulge more than normal on non-fast days. So many sweets and wine, so little time. :wink: I am looking forward to a week of IF without holidays and parties.
On my second cup of coffee this morning.

Welcome to the forums, @Mary C- I'd like to invite you to head over to the "Introduce Yourself" area introduce-yourself-f1/ so you can write an intro post :-)
Howis everybody doing? 4.30 and all ive had is lemon juice in warm water at 4 andjust now, a small cup of tea. Did quite a lot of cleaning and clearing while hoping same going on inwardly!
Going out now for eggs and watercress for dindins
@redrobin thinking of you x @sallyo sending a hug
@Carieoates getwell soon Oates Fambly x
Happy holibobz @debs! X @Maggiee great to see you!x
Welcome @Mary C and Happy New Fasting Year everyone! I feel its gonna be a good one..
Last year, soooo many peeps did so very well..heres to more success stories in 2015 xx
Aww thanks @CandiceMarie should know a bit more towards the end of next week.

Well I've had a Quest bar (190cals) a Bouillon (16 cals), loads of hot water an ACV, and now a Diet Pepsi (2 cals) as I have a no caffeine headache and my tummy is sloshing and rumbling like a mad thing :grin: but interestingly enough I'm not actually hungry which is good.
Looking forward to my Innocent Veg pot for dinner ...hubby is away tonight for work so its the sofa , a good book and the cat for me later :cat2:
I'm checking in today! have a great day everyone
I'm in today and am doing the "fat fast" again to try to kick start the weight loss after my 13lb gain since early Dec (yes - you read that right - 13lb) and I wasn't even that naughty :bugeyes:

Anyway - I can have up to 1000 cals a day on this but have gone slightly over - am hoping it won't matter too much as it's the first fast in. So my evening will be coffee with cream and Diet Coke - whoop whoop! PS I don't normally drink fizzy drinks but just using some up from a party at the weekend. Looking forward to having some nice cheese tomorrow :grin:
Hi @Rieur :like: great to see you are back :clover: @CandiceMarie go you :like: I have been struggling to drink my chilled sparkling water fast day fixer in this cold weather, so I'm adopting your warm water with touch of lemon approach. Thx. Interestingly my friend from Uganda always has a glass of very hot water on hand - whatever the season. @Ssure so sorry to hear about the car bump and I hope you are now home, in the warm and snuggling up on the settee. When you are feeling better and we have got the NY in full swing let's plan a meet at Oasis.
The plan is to eat 7-8pm. I'm making a fennel and celeriac soup as it was SO good last week - no idea of the calories but it's just veg whizzed with a bit of spice/chilli/garlic. Very yummy for my tummy. :wink: Then the kitchen door is CLOSED and I'll look forward to tomorrows menu - it's all planned out :victory: Can't do it without planning ahead, might add this to my signature :?:
72 posts Page 3 of 5