The FastDay Forum

Fasting today?

Every day there will be a new topic in this forum for today's fasters to chat & support each other.
Please don't make extra threads in here besides the daily fasting threads, if you've got a question please post it in the relevant forum or ask in today's 'Fasting Today' thread, thank you.

748 posts Page 7 of 50
Previous 1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 50 Next
Well that is interesting! Isn't it odd that you can't go back to your former eating life?
Here's hoping for corporeal confusion!!
Good luck Sue!!

Tomorrow's a fast day, or a 23:1 day ;-) The the rest of the work-week is back to 16:8. I'll be making a lovely turkey chipotle chocolate chili for us to break our fast with.
I'm not doing at all well with my eating window at the moment. As soon as I start eating I am getting terrible carb cravings. I think I need to reset as well as Sue Q. Or something, or be very, very strict and go wheat free and low carb for the week to break the cycle. Its great saying I will go wheat free etc. but can I do it? I will get back to you either when I fail or when I succeed.
Same same as Sue missing fasting dreadfully but trying to reset my being into fat loss pattern following fasting as just got fed up with fasting and getting no where for months really. Took stock and did a refeed for over nearly a week, slight gain only so hoping to get back on track and it will be a combo of eating window day probably 18:6 and 1 liquid fast. Today have toe in the water but coffee with DH and 1/2 slice of banana bread blew it, so trying again tomorrow. Looking forward to a good 'fast day'
Coooeeeeee! Can i come in please? I'm taking a break from 4:3 as my two lasses are here. 16:8ish is my plan, started today. We'll see how it goes and i hope to fling in a couple of 500 cal fasts.
Interestingly, after my 16/8 low carb yesterday i.e. 1800 calories containing 92g carb, I am 0.2kgs lighter today. Proving something?
Maybe Azureblue, maybe. If it happens repeatedly, then yes. Keep monitoring!

I had a higher carb day yesterday (Oatcakes, coconut macaroon, shepherd's pie, red wine) and am up 200g! But I had a new low on the scales yesterday so I'm not surprised!
carorees wrote: I had a higher carb day yesterday (Oatcakes, coconut macaroon, shepherd's pie, red wine) and am up 200g! But I had a new low on the scales yesterday so I'm not surprised!

What carb count do you use for red wine @carorees?
Doesn't my fitness pal give you a carb count @Minumonline I remember from my Atkins days I that whit wine and chambers are lower carb, and that's when I first started drinking gin and vodka as most hard liqueur, ie spirits are lower carb.

I had a great regular Monday fast yesterday, going to bed a wee bit hungry, but I can deal with that.
Have only had a cup of tea so far today and have been to my class, so hopefully been burning fat, done 6102 steps and 1169 cals. Poached egg on toast today for lunch and a full fat yoghurt. Yum.
Shower time, the food.
Minumonline wrote:
carorees wrote: I had a higher carb day yesterday (Oatcakes, coconut macaroon, shepherd's pie, red wine) and am up 200g! But I had a new low on the scales yesterday so I'm not surprised!

What carb count do you use for red wine @carorees?

I use calorie count which gives 4.6g of carbs in a large glass of wine (180ml).
Thanks. MFP is very variable on carb count and calories for wine.
I think all the calorie counters are very variable for everything to be honest. I tend to take the middle one in general. I don't count properly, just estimate: on the basis that if I'm losing weight then as long as I keep my guesstimated average the same, it doesn't matter how inaccurate it is!
Ah yes, but I have been gaining weight, which could be down to dodgy calorie counts, or my incomplete counting. Hopefully that has changed now.

My window is about to close for today. I find it hard after a fast day, especially a liquid fast, as I wake up hungry, and really want breakfast. So today has been a 9 hour window. Not too bad I suppose. Back to 16:8 tomoz
I fasted yesterday. My window opened today at 13:00 with a smoked salmon and boiled egg salad. Had a banana and some tea this afternoon. Stir fry tonight, maybe a yogurt, a piece of fruit and some tea.
Interesting what you say @Sue.Q.

I would normally have been doing 2 liquid fasts a week breaking the fasts with breakfast and it is taking a bit of getting used to not liquid fasting. Also every day with not having breakfast feels like I'm starting a fast day.

I thought 16:8 would be easy but not so. It takes quite a lot of brain power to remember not to eat in the morning and after 7pm. I guess this is back to control/mindless eating/eating out of habit.

I glad I'm doing this as it is really making me think. Also whilst my health problems remain undiagnosed I am feeling awful - very tired, weak and light headed so having two fast days where I have 2 meals (totalling 500cals) may help keep my energy lifted.

I'm also trying not to weigh myself every day but that could backfire on me, we'll see on Friday.
Previous 1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 50 Next
748 posts Page 7 of 50