The FastDay Forum

Fasting today?

Every day there will be a new topic in this forum for today's fasters to chat & support each other.
Please don't make extra threads in here besides the daily fasting threads, if you've got a question please post it in the relevant forum or ask in today's 'Fasting Today' thread, thank you.

748 posts Page 8 of 50
Previous 1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 50 Next
Today's 16/8 imbibed 1764calories including 157g of carbs. Bit high due to a baked potato, had to be done :0)
Debs wrote: Well that is interesting! Isn't it odd that you can't go back to your former eating life?
Here's hoping for corporeal confusion!!

@Debs I really think the answer for me is the weather because twice last year when away for week firstly Greece in May then Majorca in September where the weather was unbelievably hot and I don't tend to eat the same plus the food at 2nd one was pretty bad for me so my weeks were both carb overload result 5kg gain!!!!
Because I'm now very cold most days which I haven't had before well back to the cereal's + sandwich+ potatoes well it could be comfort food but i'm not very comfortable at the moment so today normal (ish) service resumed resulting in more like a 18:6 which is how my days pan out now will do one fast either Wednesday/Thursday have decided to now weigh me on my usual Friday just to see the damage caused by my refeed then back to my routine
of 4:3 + 18:6 x 4 days.
Didn't know what else to try so here's hoping my body is sufficiently confused. com. Lol :heart: :heart:
Hope you soon get a diagnosis and get sorted @wildmissus @azureblue had to be! @sue.q be interesting to see what happens. I think you've done the right thing by pushing the reset button. One thing you have learned is that you don't want to eat like that any more because you feel uncomfortable, that can only be a good thing :smile:

I opened my window today at 13:00 with a smoked salmon salad, had tea and fruit in the afternoon. Dinner was chicken in tomato sauce with a stir fry of mushrooms and peppers. Will probably have more tea and fruit later. I won't be joining the Thursday fasters tomorrow but will be having a 16:8 day that will include cake (the reason for not joining in the fast day) I will try to eat as light as I can apart from that.
I opened today at 10.30 with a mushroom and cheese omelette, had a salad for lunch, and a fry up for tea, with gammon, peppers, mushrooms, some of yesterdays cauli and celeriac mash, topped off with an egg. Closed my window at 6.00pm with a cup of tea and 2 squares of dark chocolate. My treat this afternoon was some poached apple with nat yoghurt. Fasting now till tomorrow night.
:heart: Good plan @Wendy Darling Enjoy you cake treat and I hope the new job is going well. :heart:
Fast day for me today I didn't check in because I was unsure but alls gone well just about to tot up my calories which is something I don't do often and hoping to be inside my 500 but no stress if not because it must be close.
Yes another lesson learned I can't eat as I did if I want to remain feeling as good as I do now. :heart:

So my window closed at 7pm and now I'm back on track whatever Friday's numbers say it's a step in the right direction.
Eating window opened at 2pm today...with cheese oatcakes, goat's cheese and cherry tomatoes, followed by a scone and butter (my treat for the day), then tea at 6:30 of rice and chilli con carne and an apple. Window now closed as I'm off for my weekly swim. That'll mean I had a 19 hour fast today and despite the carby sounding menu, portions were small so only 100g carbs and 950 cal. Should set me up for a weekend of indulgence!
Finding this eating window lark hard going. My routine is all to pot in that i have been up really early the past week. I just find it reall yhard to miss breakfast. Have managed 16:8 sort of twice this week, but am sure i have overeaten within the window.
I'm trying not to fret too much as it is holiday time. Looking forward though, I can see a massive increase in weight and a need for a very strict 4:3 maybe with calorie counting :( aftre this.
Might have to do the SMART Easter challenge...
@janeg, I couldn't agree more. Both of my fast days ended up in chocolate overload. It is much easier for me not eating anything on a fast day. I weighed myself this morning and I've put on 2lb to match the 2lb I put on last week. What a bummer. I'm going to keep going with 16:8 but I must find some willpower.
Interesting how we're all so different to the way we respond to different ways of intermittent fasting!

For me, skipping breakfast is really easy (as long as I can have a vat of coffee instead!) and the fact that my eating window closes at about 7.30pm means I can't graze on chocolate etc in the evening, so it really helps stop over-eating.

@wildmissus I'd say don't worry about what your weight is doing until you've got your medical problems sorted out! Just fast/don't fast in the way that suits you best. :heart: :heart:

@janeg haven't you got guests staying atm? (Did I remember right?) Just do the best you can and enjoy your time with them. Hope you're having fun! :like:
Are you doing two fasts and 16:8 other days? Like you I find it easier not to eat otherwise I tend not to stop!! Funny isn't it how many of us have hit a new year brick wall?! Well, not funny at all now you come to mention it :confused:
I can't say relax as that would just be hypocritical!! Just good luck!
Thanks @carorees. The reason I'm keen to keep going with 16:8 is because I eat every day. Whilst I've been feeling so low in energy I decided that 2 liquid fast probably weren't a good idea. I do think I've become so used to liquid fasts. To do 16:8 properly I need to go back to day one when I had to use willpower to get through a fast day and remind myself that I can 'have it tomorrow', after 1pm.

@Debs, yes I am trying to 16:8 everyday with 500cals on Mon and Thurs. I am curious as to why so many of use are struggling. Can you shed any light on that @carorees. I had wondered if it had something to do with the time of year, ie. coming out of winter but that doesn't work for those in the southern hemisphere. Is it diet fatigue, but we've all been doing this for different periods of time.

@Sue.Q, how are you getting on, have you weighed in this week.
Yes, I wonder that! I joined about the same time as you although I had a long break in the middle of the year. I wonder if it is to do with getting to our particular weight and BMI as I am really struggling to break below 60kg, and therefore break the 25 BMI that is my main goal. I know I would be struggling more if it was winter though!
Maybe we've reached a multi person collective plateau!!
I've been thinking about why so many are struggling and am wondering whether it is, as you say, too much stress with the winter etc and perhaps also too much fasting/calorie cutting. I recently bumped the thread on "fasting you're doing it wrong" to highlight the fact that too much fasting leads to increased cortisol which impairs weight loss and also is generally bad for us. I wondered if the various challenges are prompting people to try too hard? The idea of SMART targets is important so that the challenge keeps us on track but does not prompt us to increase fasting/calorie restriction too much.

I would not recommend combining 16:8 every day with 5:2 without having a 3-day 'weyhey' weekend! Feasting is an important element of the whole intermittent fasting concept. It restores glycogen stores, increases thyroid function, increases leptin levels and reduces cortisol.
Perhaps it would be time to revisit the health benefits on here as so many people have joined recently, to put some of the focus back on that too. I am reluctant to set another target as I have failed too and I hate bringing the 'failed' word back.
I am having my cholesterol tested next week after stopping my statins and doing a spell of ADF so that will be very interesting. And a feed week next week too of course!!
Very interesting points from everyone. I've been 16.8ing and 5.2ing with a "wey hey " weekend and it is now working. Plus I'm back to work and exercising.

It's interesting to see how many small things can change my ability to lose weight. I have lost my appetite early in the day completely. So I am now very excited about reaching my SMART target.
Previous 1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 50 Next
748 posts Page 8 of 50