The FastDay Forum

Fasting today?

Every day there will be a new topic in this forum for today's fasters to chat & support each other.
Please don't make extra threads in here besides the daily fasting threads, if you've got a question please post it in the relevant forum or ask in today's 'Fasting Today' thread, thank you.

163 posts Page 10 of 11
Previous 1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 Next
Hi pumkin, not sure what I think about 4:3 on liquid only as I never done 4:3 of any sort but you are only dropping 500 cals so don't see why it should be a problem. Listen to your body.....if it is a struggle you can still have 500 cals.
Wildmissus ~ what a good idea... Why didn't I think of that, I'd be dangerous if I actually thought things through! I'm grateful to have lost a pound but as usual would have preferred more, hoped 3:4 would help plus more walking IF it stops raining!! :confused: xxx
This is my 9th week on 5:2 and have lost exactly 9 pounds - would have liked it to be more, but am satisfied with it really. I am still doing Mon & Thurs 36 hour water only fasts. Fast days have been easy generally, although I have struggled a couple of times. The after effects of the fast are delightful - I feel so serene the next day or two and cannot imagine why simply not eating food should have that effect.
My first 36 hour liquid fast and so far so good. I've past the time I would normally have eaten and feel fine.
Hi guys, hope you're all getting on well today.
I struggled last week but stuck to my liquid only fast no problems today and feeling absolutely fine, just a bit tired but I think that's partly my hectic week catching up with me too!
I've had a very busy baking day today too and made the kids' dinner(I'm a pastry chef) but I've managed not to cave in!! Early night for me tonight I think!
Hope everyone got on ok today. I abandoned you all I'm afraid - went to the Balmoral Show which is our big agricultural show in NI. Glorious day and lots of lovely food and drink to taste! Suppose that's the beauty of 5:2, I can fast tomorrow instead!
Wide awake, my lovely children decided sleep is for losers and I've been up/down and bed hopping for most of the night! Slight headache but feels like it might shift soon, not hungry yet so will wait until I get to work to break my fast, well done everyone who successfully fasted, will see you all on Monday!
Morning all. Yesterday didn't quite go to plan - my eldest had something to celebrate, so we went out for an unplanned dinner last night, after fasting all day. I cant move my fast to any day this weekend, as I'm booked up with all sorts, so I'm going to go for 8 hour feeding window for the next 5 days, to keep damage to a minimum, then I'll be liquid fasting again on Wednesday.

Good luck to today's fasters.
Another successful liquid fast yesterday. Today was weigh in day and I felt good this morning but...2lb on :confused: . I'm not down about but just a bit fed up as I'm back to where I was 4 weeks ago - it just feels like wasted time. And why is it that last week I felt fat and I lost 2lb and this week I felt skinny and put on 2lb. Anyway, it doesn't put me off the way of life at all which is where other diets are different.
Its a bummer, isn't it. I can't get back to the low weight I achieved last week, which doesn't make sense, with the deficit from the liquid fasting, but there we go. As you say, we can keep going, and we can enjoy our weekend :smile:
Wildmisses and minumonline, I hate to introduce the tdee thing, but you've both lost a lot and like me, may be slowing down on the weight loss front because your tdee has reduced. I really don't want to reduce what I eat on non fast days so I'm going to plough on as I am for a couple of weeks.

I'm fasting today so I'll officially weigh in tomorrow morning, but a sneaky weigh in this morning showed I'm 10s 5lb. Last Friday I was 10s 2lb and I won't lose 4lb overnight so I'm set for a gain this week. I haven't binged or anything this week, although I've had a few goodies. Just goes to show how restrictive we have to be to keep pushing the weight down week on week. I don't intend to deprive myself to an extent where it isn't sustainable so I'll settle for waiting longer to shift the remaining pounds.

I'm weighing weekly, but reviewing monthly now so I'll revisit the figures properly in mid June and reconsider what I'm doing then if I'm not happy with the weight loss.
Wildmissus and Mumonline
Last week I did two 36 hour liquid fasts and put on 1.75lbs and this week I have done exactly the same and lost 2.5lbs! No reason, no changes but I have loads to lose and there is a downward trajectory. I know that it's really disappointing to put on (especially when you've been good)and you probably don't have a lot to lose but the main thing is stick with the fasts as the other benefits are probably more important than the odd pound here or there.
Sorry I realise that it's Minumonline (put it down to the fact that I obviously don't read the names carefully enough!)
Anyone liquid fasting today? :)

I've done 20 hours and i am very very hungry!
Only had low-cal squash and water so far :)

Dreaming of a hot dog for brunch tomorrow! :pig:
Wildmissus and Minumonline, I've not had a good weigh in either this week or last. Stayed the same for two weeks now, despite doing normal 5:2 last week and two liquid only fast this week. It's about my TOTM though and I'm feeling bloated and puffy all over so I'm hoping this is all just water and I'll have a decent weight loss next week :-S. Good luck to you both and everyone else x
Previous 1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 Next
163 posts Page 10 of 11