The FastDay Forum

Fasting today?

Every day there will be a new topic in this forum for today's fasters to chat & support each other.
Please don't make extra threads in here besides the daily fasting threads, if you've got a question please post it in the relevant forum or ask in today's 'Fasting Today' thread, thank you.

163 posts Page 8 of 11
Previous 1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 Next
16 hours into my first liquid fast - feeling a bit hungry but determined to hold off until 7pm for my first stock-cube broth, in case it triggers my grazing cravings. Lots of work to do tonight so I hope I can focus on that to keep my mind off food!!
doing my second water fast of the week. Was going great but a combo of chewing gum and food smells has my stomach grumbling. Loudly! looking forward to hopping on my bike and cycling home - sure that will stop the hunger. Then a relaxing evening ahead.
doing my second water fast of the week. Was going great but a combo of chewing gum and food smells has my stomach grumbling. Loudly! looking forward to hopping on my bike and cycling home - sure that will stop the hunger. Then a relaxing evening ahead.
:rotfl: GOOD MORNING ALL :wink:

I found this really great find one day when I was home sick and nothing to do but watching the tub!!!

I turned 60 last year and put on 10 lbs that no matter what I tried could not seam to drop I kept telling myself it's my age but deep down knew I was just kidding myself and if I didn't find away to get a hold of this I would just be another statistic with high blood pressure, cholesterol & type II diabetes as most of the people in my family have today.

After watching a rerun on PBS on the Fast Diet I knew I had to read more about the great benefits this way of life had to offer so I down loaded the book right away and what a find it was at last a eating plan I could live with and eat my way to good health.

The first week was some what hard but I found on my eat days I was very aware of what I put in my mouth now on my third week and love every step of the way I'm at 134 lbs and know I can reach my gold of 125 and maintain it.

I'm so EXCITED :victory:
How is everyone doing today? My second water fast of the week, no problems so far although temptation time is approaching when I have to prepare family dinner. Not hungry at all, drank lots of water today. Decided to have plain warm water today instead of cold water , because I was feeling very cold, I am not feeling cold anymore plus I am feeling full.
Hi, I'm on my second liquid fast of the week. I'm not finding it particularly difficult although I'm hungry. In fact I'm finding it easier than eating 500 cals which seems to set my hunger off... Is this common?? X
Goodness there are *a lot* of people liquid fasting now! It does seem to be a natural graduation from normal 5:2 for many!

Pumpkin42, you've got it, liquid/ water fasting doesn't seem to trip the hunger switch. See the link to breadandwine's hypothesis on the first post of this thread which sums it up neatly.

I fasted through Monday (40 hours), ate quite a bit yesterday and have done a mini water fast today - ie skipped breakfast and lunch. It was no challenge as I wasn't hungry. Will eat a good dinner tonight and then water fast again until Friday morning. I really find I don't want to eat unless I'm hungry these days and during the day I just get on with other things. I'd rather have a proper meal (home cooked, balanced, plenty of veg) than eat on the run during the day and kill my hunger for the evening.
Thanks Redhead... I haven't told my friends ,bar one , that I'm liquid fasting as they all think I will go into starvation mode and gain weight! :bugeyes: this forum is great for 100% support! Since beginning 5:2 I have lost 1/2 stone ( I lost 1st 6 ish with my previous plan) so I'm hoping for a loss of 2 stone in total tomorrow.
That's a lot of fasting you've been doing there Redhead! I'm still getting to grips with not overcompensating on no fast days but must be doing something right. :lol: x
Wow, brilliant weight loss!! Glad it's working so well for you!

Yeh, I've fasted for longer this week than I usually do. I normally do two days with 36-40 hours each, but I have a funny schedule this week so it's due to that more than any particular plan to fast more. I'm a champion of water fasting, but I haven't had a good experience of 40 hours plus (see my second blog entry if anyone's contemplating doing longer than 40 hours).

I haven't told many people either as I think they'd think I'm nuts. But it works for me, is easy and I've had fantastic benefits beyond weight loss so I'm sticking with it!

I wouldn't worry about overcompensating - that naturally diminishes given time. And don't worry about starvation mode, the nerds on here just roll their eyes at that 'myth'!
Hi Redhead,

Adaptability-,......for me, this is the beauty of this regime, everyone is different and we can all benefit from it in one way or another. What suits one person will not suit another and as I always tell people who ask me about it, experiment, experiment and then experiment again til you have the ingredients that make up YOUR own individual recipe for success. :like:

If you have no health issues, which I do not, then there is no reason why this should not work, you love your water fasts and I love my 16/8 routine which makes us both very happy and slim. Can't improve on that one :victory:

Love your posts,and your passion,

Ballerina x
That's it! I'm in! I'm going to try a 36 hour liquid fast. Have eaten this evening and next plan to eat on Friday morning. I've found fast days getting easier but my weight loss is slow (too little exercise and too good weekends I think) so time to shake things up a bit. Thank you all for the inspiration.
Ballerina wrote: Hi Redhead,

Adaptability-,......for me, this is the beauty of this regime, everyone is different and we can all benefit from it in one way or another. What suits one person will not suit another and as I always tell people who ask me about it, experiment, experiment and then experiment again til you have the ingredients that make up YOUR own individual recipe for success. :like:

If you have no health issues, which I do not, then there is no reason why this should not work, you love your water fasts and I love my 16/8 routine which makes us both very happy and slim. Can't improve on that one :victory:

Love your posts,and your passion,

Ballerina x

Thanks Ballerina, you are lovely! Totally agree its all about what suits the individual. I've had a health MoT so know I have no underlying problems and I think it is important to do this. Also to 'know yourself' and listen carefully to your own body to find what suits you as an individual both mentally and physically. I keep a little diary on my phone, just recording how I feel, what I've been doing/ eating and what my expectations are, which I find really helpful. It's not detailed, just a note here and there when I get a minute, but it really helps put things into perspective when I look back over it and remind me about positive benefits and about this really exciting journey of discovery I'm on. Just polished off a lovely dinner and some carrot cake so I'm all set for another water fast tomorrow. Best wishes everyone!
Good luck to everyone attempting the liquid fast today/tomorrow :)

Unfortunately, I will have to fast on Friday this week as I have a birthday lunch to attend tomorrow :cake:
Wow, is it Thursday already - good, I feel like I need a fast - how convenient is that :smile: Count me in then please - this really has taken off big time hasn't it. Redhead/Ballerina - lovely posts :like:

Iceprincess - enjoy the birthday lunch :smile:
Good luck for all the Thurs fasters. Feels funny to have done both my fasts for the week, it only being Thurs morning now! I broke my fast this morning with this amazing soup I made for lunch on Tuesday. Will see how it goes keeping me feeling full, pumpkin/butternut/sweet potato/ginger/coconut cream, so relying on the coconut cream to be rich enough for hunger busting.
Previous 1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 Next
163 posts Page 8 of 11