The FastDay Forum

Fasting today?

Every day there will be a new topic in this forum for today's fasters to chat & support each other.
Please don't make extra threads in here besides the daily fasting threads, if you've got a question please post it in the relevant forum or ask in today's 'Fasting Today' thread, thank you.

112 posts Page 7 of 8
Previous 1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 Next
On my 23rd fast today. I would like to find that magical meal/food combo the night before that makes me satisfied and not hungry the next morning. I ate a decent dinner last night hoping I'd feel good today, but I'm hungry. Oh well, I shall push through! I did like last week when I ate breakfast at about 9:30am (omelette & atkins bar) and I was actually good for the rest of the day surprisingly. Like many it seems if I eat early then I find it harder to make it through the rest of the day. It could have been I didn't have a choice due to dental work and therefore my tummy understood ;)
DrLCH wrote: Does anyone else (female) find fasting slightly harder during their time of the month (if men do I would be interested in that also)?

DrLCH, I don't see any difference TBH.
fasting for me too today. Second time of not having any breakfast - as I normally do! BUT woke up bit later than I should have this am and was terribly blotted from the sunday dinner I ate the day before (~630) - think the cabbage had been fermenting in my guts all night - not a nice feeling at all!!

I'm looking forward to seeing if I lose any weight this week - as I'm plateauing at the moment! :-(

oh well only a few hours to go until dinner - chicken n veg stir fry with cauli "rice"

good luck everyone!!
:-)
Fast day for me today too. Week 3 and 5th fast. Have to say right now I feel as if my insides are eating themselves, really REALLY struggling. I've already cheated and had an apple and a satsuma which will end me on 620 calories for the day, oops!

I think I may have to start saving all my calories until the evening because I don't seem to become hungry until I've had my first meal at 12, although as I haven't tried this before I may find I still get ravenous from 12 onwards!

The thought of chicken noodle soup for my meal tonight isn't inspiring me much at the moment :starving: however I've definitely come too far through the day now to turn back!

Hope everyone else isn't having quite the struggle I am today xxx
Have just finished making cauliflower cheese for dinner tonight and lunch on Weds when I'm fasting again. It smells soo good, I think I'm almost glad of ironing to do and a bathroom to clean to get me out of the kitchen while it cools down.

Thanks StowgateResident, luckily my breakfast of a cherry bakewell alpen light bar, fresh raspberries and a vanilla yogurt, while not quite as good as a bar of choc was still yummy enough to be a treat. Tomorrow I may nip into Thorntons and buy one of their small bars - quality over quantity and it makes an even better reward!
Fasting today too! My 8th fast! Does anyone else feel/look bloated on their fast days? Only had an apple so far today and I feel huuuuge!
Hi Nieve Blanco - welcome to the forums!

I definitely think it's much easier to wait and eat at dinner time. I personally find it's a lot easier to control my hunger with a glass of iced tea or herbal tea if I haven't eaten yet today. If I have already eaten, my body gets much more insistent, and the hunger is just more intense!

I do still get hungry at about 3pm, but it's not as bad as if I eat breakfast or lunch.

Good luck!
gorba wrote: I'm going to the cinema after work and peanut butter Ben&Jerry's is calling me very loudly! God, give me strength! :bugeyes:

We'll give you strength :like: :heart: :clover: :clover: :clover:
I'm fasting today too, this is my 4th week on the diet and so far so good! I'm getting married in 2 months and will have my dress fitting soon - hopefully I can lose another few pounds before then :)
xxxxmexxxx wrote: I'm fasting today too, this is my 4th week on the diet and so far so good! I'm getting married in 2 months and will have my dress fitting soon - hopefully I can lose another few pounds before then :)

Well that's some serious motivation isn't it !!!!!

:clover: :clover:
Thanks Wendy - my marmite did me well earlier so will stick with that.

Feeling pretty rotten now though - not hungry as such, just very low and with no energy, and a bit spaced out. I'm struggling today. Hopefully this will get easier as I don't want to feel like I lose all productivity and energy for 2 whole days every week. At least it's nearly dinner time....
Well, this has been my most difficult fast day by a long way :(

Only 20h00, I ate my supper half an hour ago & it didn't touch the sides, normally it's too much for me so I really don't understand (WW coley in sauce provençale, with spinach & zero noodles).

I will not cave in so late in the day, but I'm thinking bed at 22h is about as far as I'll be able to push it.

Shame, this really is the first time that I've struggled (23 fasts in 12 weeks)

:(
I'm fasting today too. It will be about 8 oclock tonight when i'll start thinking about something lovely to eat. I tend to have a small lunch of around 150 cals and save the rest for dinner. Always make sure I have protein and fibre and keep the carbs low or even zero. Good luck everyone! :like:
Also fasting today, it's my 4th complete fast day.

DrLCH wrote:
Does anyone else (female) find fasting slightly harder during their time of the month (if men do I would be interested in that also)?

Yes!!!!! I get crazy cravings and oh so hungry.
Fasting today and after this weekend's over indulgence I really needed it. Found it quite easy today, it's starting to feel like just what I do on a Monday and Thursday :victory:

I am a little tense and nervous about weighing in even though it isn't until the weekend after next. I lost a measly pound and a half last month and I don't feel or see any difference yet, but I do have massive amounts to lose so that could be the reason. :?:
Previous 1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 Next
112 posts Page 7 of 8