The FastDay Forum

Fasting today?

Every day there will be a new topic in this forum for today's fasters to chat & support each other.
Please don't make extra threads in here besides the daily fasting threads, if you've got a question please post it in the relevant forum or ask in today's 'Fasting Today' thread, thank you.

112 posts Page 1 of 8
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8 Next
Fasting today Monday 20th May
19 May 2013, 20:07
I am fasting today. This is my 8th fast and each one has been a little bit easier, so hopefully that stand will continue. Still a bit anxious about hunger though :confused:
I will be, but I am still indulging in a glass or 2 of wine on the 19th at present!
'stand' in previous post should have been 'trend'. Damned auto text!
I'm fasting today too. Looking forward to it after an indulgant weekend. Try not to worry about hunger byoung, it comes in waves, so recedes again. Couple of things that helped me was thinking "I can eat tomorrow" and "this wave will pass", and also not nibbling at all during the day - any food (especially at meal times) just triggers hunger in me.
Joining you today. I will be out with the husband today instead of at work. We would usually have a nice lunch somewhere so it might be a bit of a hard fast today.
Thank you Katamac for the hints. Agree that eating anything during the day just makes it worse and I save all my calories for dinner. Likewise I agree about hunger coming in waves and going away. I think my problem really is with the idea of hunger rather than with hunger itself. I would never have imagined that I could fast as I have actually been doing. I am always afraid of being hungry - the legacy of years of low calorie diets I expect.
:grin: Yep, I will be. Had a rather heavy weekend on meals out so looking forward to it
I think I know what you mean about it being the idea of hunger rather than the actual hunger. I was in the habit of always having snacks around, just in case anyone got hungry, a habit from when my children were toddlers. I now think I've done them (and me!) a great disservice. After 3 months of 5:2, I'm just not afraid of being hungry anymore.
I'm joining you all. In fact, I enjoy fasting while at work (I work Monday, Wednesday, Friday) but I'm a bit less happy when I'm off work in the school holidays.
I sometimes think that I don't know the difference between anxiety and hunger. If I am anxious about something I get a tight knot in the pit of my stomach and I tend to feed it. Food is soothing. But actually I can cope with anxiety without food quite easily. It is all about being aware.
Me! I started my fast at about 6pm this evening (sunday, as I'm in the UK) and I intend to carry on until Tuesday morning. Good luck everyone!
I'm in...
I've been slightly overdoing it on my normal days recently, which coincides with my initial weightloss slowing down, so I'm hoping for a good start to the week. I need it because my parents are coming to stay on thurs for a week and mum is bringing meat pie, quiche and cakes!!
I've been chewing gum on my fast days in between meals! It really helps! It distracts me from the hunger pangs!
Welcome to the forums!!

Studies usually show that chewing gum just makes you hungrier, because it starts the gastric juices flowing and makes your stomach think that food is coming. But if it works for you and you are counting the calories for your gum, that's cool :-)
I'm also fasting today had a very disorganised weekend and did a lot of picking where food is concerned instead of having set meals and I'm feeling it today. Good luck today everyone :grin:
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8 Next
112 posts Page 1 of 8