The FastDay Forum

Fasting today?

Every day there will be a new topic in this forum for today's fasters to chat & support each other.
Please don't make extra threads in here besides the daily fasting threads, if you've got a question please post it in the relevant forum or ask in today's 'Fasting Today' thread, thank you.

67 posts Page 4 of 5
Hi everybody ! Yes, we are in also and looking forward to fasting ! We always do anymore. Warm and sunny here with afternoon showers that are wonderful. Walking 3 miles everyday now and feeling great about it. OH and I will certainly do this from now on as we feel soooo much better :) Good Luck friends :) I just noticed that GiGi 55 and I started the same day and our weight loss is very similar.....I now have a buddy across the ocean :grin:
Thanks greenmonster, it seems that we can find almond milk in the bio section in the supermarket, even if it's not as popular as soja milk, I'll try to make an ice coffee tomorrow morning and'll tell you how it went ! :wink:

I hate hot days but, I must admit, they are really useful on fast days

Will make my own lemon, lime, orange and grapefruit popsicles; In fact I think I'll try to make some with all the fruits I have in the house :grin:
I'm in also. No weight loss - or gain - over the holiday, so feeling great! Take Care all.
Hi gang!

Back after the holidays (spent a week walking round Disneyland - staying in a hotel so booze was expensive with the result that I probably drank less than I normally would on hols.....)

No loss no gain, which I'm pretty happy with. And I'm looking forward to getting back into the swing of fasting, and to that feelgood-surge the day after. Oh, and if those last 3 pounds would like to wave bye-bye then that would be lovely!
Fasting in Belfast - 27degrees, sun shining! this weather makes it easier I think. 6th fast and fine today, but could only manage one last week as was just too tired. Any suggestions for increasing energy levels on a fast day? ( no caffine though - haven't had any for years). good luck today to everyone. : :grin:
Hello! Fasting today! Looking forward to it after a busy long weekend with lots of parties, barbecues and cocktails. It's very, very hot here, so I'm starting the day with a black iced coffee.
Good luck everyone!
I have been fasting today too, don't feel any hunger really but still... I looking forward for my dinner which will be the first I am eating since yesterday evening :razz: :lol:
Afternoon everyone! I am fasting today I have been super busy so haven't even had a chance to feel hungry yet! Hope this carries on in to this evening too, still hot here and I am burnt to a crisp after doing the Race For Life in London yesterday so I have been drinking loads of water to try and rehydrate!
1am now and I know I,ll make it. I felt a little deprived earlier but I hung on and 4 teas later my cravings for an apple dissapeared. I,m looking forward to the sense of accomplishment the morning will bring.
I'm in today. Much needed after the long holiday weekend here in the US. So much food and wine. Started the day with a lovely iced espresso. May head out for a stroll and a manicure this afternoon. Not sure what I'll do for dinner, but should figure it out as I'll need to shop for it! Maybe some nice fish and a big salad. Good luck, fasters...
Hi everyone im fasting today too!
I almost didnt fast today as yesterday i did a 12 mile sponsered walk and managed to burn over 1000 calories, so i felt i didnt really need to.... but my 'good' side of me said i have to do it anyway! So here i am at 5pm only just feeling hungry. struggling to think of something to have for tea though. i have all of my 500 calories to use up and dont really have anything that adventurous to play with. Feeling like some summery though as most of you know the UK is having a heatwave!
Feeling a bit low as my fast has not gone well today. It was really much needed, after several weeks of good weight loss I stayed with relatives over the weekend and ate way too much, meaning I put on weight last week overall. I was actually looking forward to fasting today to get the numbers going down again but have ended up snacking and eating today, already had 500 cals and it's only 5pm, and I am still v hungry so will have to have something tonight. Will probably end up being a 700 - 800 calorie day. I would normally try again another day but I've got things planned, I was already thinking I might not get two fast days in this week.

I'm really annoyed and upset with myself.... will have to try and eat very carefully on non-fast days this week to try and make up for it, maybe skip lunch tomorrow or something
Charliemmm, don't beat yourself up about it! We all have an off day and the beauty of this woe is that a repair day is never too far away. Do what you need to do and maybe try 16:8 a couple of days to compensate :)
I'm in. In Pittsburgh it is warm and humid! Just back from a vacation at Hershey Park (home of Hershey chocolates) and Washington D.C. It was so hot and sticky - way too hot to eat much. Not even the chocolates could tempt me this time!
Not much left of today (in the UK!) but I have been fasting. Came so close to using the fact I'm revising for exams as an excuse not to fast but I didn't give in! I definitely won't be fasting this time next week though - I'll need all the brain power I can get for a 3 hour exam ugh
67 posts Page 4 of 5