The FastDay Forum

Fasting today?

Every day there will be a new topic in this forum for today's fasters to chat & support each other.
Please don't make extra threads in here besides the daily fasting threads, if you've got a question please post it in the relevant forum or ask in today's 'Fasting Today' thread, thank you.

83 posts Page 4 of 6
I'm in today too! I have a gorgeous dinner planned that will make excellent use of my 500 calories :-) Butternut squash and kale risotto (recipe added to recipe forum).
Thanks for those links cuddly, really interesting! Expect I shall read a bit more on the ifasters site at some point!
I feel guilty about how much I loved reading that exercise article Cuddly! Anything to find an excuse to not exercise >.< I really need to get off my butt more often.
First fast of the week..... :) So far had a cuppa soup (43 c) and looking forward to risotto with family tonight.....
Just enjoying my mug of bouillon having walked into town and round it quite quickly. Also remembered to drink a glass of water on my return. So far 20 cals in today and determined to shift some excess this week - February hasn't seen any downward movement on the scales yet - aaaaaaarrrrggghhhhh! I admit to being a teeny bit jealous of the loss of a stone by Twicky as we started on the same weight and time. Could it be my age slowing things down (60)?
I all, I fast mon and thurs - i like the 2 days 3 days gap.. really works for me. Normally i eat a late breakfast (11.30am) then make a pot of soup and have a cup or 2 around 2pm then eat the rest for dinner at 6pm with a slice or 2 of bread - depending on what's allowed/left. But today trying to not eat all day - so far so good. I know if I eat breakfast I am hungry quicker during the day. So far been quite easy. Almost 3pm - had about 3 herbal teas and 3 small black coffees. Feel fine - loving the hollow tummy feeling - feel slimmer already... :-) Will see how i feel after this method whether i do it on thursday as well.. Good luck everyone.
Just having my cuppa soup - first calories of the day and feeling good so far!
It's my 7th fast day - looking forward to my M&S fuller longer meal with a portion of petit pois totalling 395 kcals which I will eat at around 7pm. Then I can have a cup of stevia sweetened redbush tea with 1% milk before bedtime. I used my extra free time gained by not having breakfast or lunch to do all the housework, so now I can relax with a cup of black coffee & think about going to the gym.....or watching catch-up TV...
My second fast today, as only started last week and couldn't manage 2 days.. So will fast tomorrow as well, as we are going away for a few days on Wednesday.
So far, have had the smoked salmon breakfast, and have the red lentil veg soup simmering away for dinner.
So cold today, don't feel like a walk, but will do an hour's Pilates tomorrow before having to shop.
Feeling motivated, a bit hungry, but determined
After having a small lunch on my fast days so far, I've decided to give the "saving all the calories for dinner" approach a go this week. So far it seems to be going well. Looking forward to a whole carton of soup, a bread roll and a fun size mars bar this evening!
Hey fellow fasters !

3rd fatsing day for me. Trying Monday/Wednesday combo this week as those are the two days I go to the gym during my lunch break !
Just had tea so far and I do not feel really hungry so I guess I will wait for tonight to get my 500 calories :D
I have a bad habit to weigh myself every day... I know it's not the best way to go, especially when on the 5:2 diet, but I just can't help it. Sometimes it's good news, sometimes it's not (this morning for instance was not) but if I smooth my weigh over 3 days (I average my weight between the day before, the day considered and the day after) I can really see it decreasing ;) even if I have only been on this diet for a week ! So I guess that's the most important !

Good luck to you all !
Fasting today, it tried having some food (porridge) at 11 ish this morning. This is my 5th fast and previously I've had all my calories in one meal. Just needed something to eat today so less calories for dinner later.
This is my 2nd fast and unlike the first, I'm struggling a little today. I had porridge with a few bluberries for breakfast, a lemon ang ginger tea and just had a piece of grilled white haddock. I'm hoping that will now keep me going for the rest of the day. I will also continue to drink lots of water as I did last time.
Doing my 5th fast today. I've come down with a cold overnight so I don't feel that hungry anyway, which makes it a bit easier. I can never seem to drink enough water though!
Up 2 lbs. this morning, so I'm doing 4:3 this week. Fasting M-W-F on 500 Cals. 60 grams of protein.
KIS style (keeping it simple) ;)
9 a.m. Quest protein bar & coffee (200 cal. 20g.pro.)
1 p.m. Whey protein shake (150 cal. 20g. pro.)
5 p.m. Whey protein shake (150 cal. 20g. pro.)
Boring fast days work best for me.:D
83 posts Page 4 of 6