The FastDay Forum

Fasting today?

Every day there will be a new topic in this forum for today's fasters to chat & support each other.
Please don't make extra threads in here besides the daily fasting threads, if you've got a question please post it in the relevant forum or ask in today's 'Fasting Today' thread, thank you.

83 posts Page 5 of 6
My 3rd fast today, did Tues & Thurs last week, but trying Mon & Weds this week as I think it will fit in better for me.

Just had 2 coffees (with milk can't do black) so far and will have just over 350 cals tonight so having an M&S fish pie with veggies. Really fancy eating something at the mo, but not too hungry. I work on a Monday and am sat on the Customer Services Desk in the middle of our town centre, looking straight at Druckers, with Costa not that far away and Krispy Kreme in the other direction but still within sight :roll:

Didn't lose any weight after my first week, but I really did eat loads on the weekend so not that surprised and pleased with a 2 inch loss around my waist :)
well I came home from work this morning and was in bed by 8am, got up about 3 for shower etc, having my first cup of tea, working tonight so I am expecting to have a ready meal of 350 cals at about midnight, may need a low cal cuppa soup a bit before then but hoping not to, have a tin of peaches (small in juice) for pudding, gonna try and have my meal all at once rather than 3 small snacks in a day like I had to last week with being on antibiotics, this is my 3rd fast, lost nothing last week but poss 1/2 inch from waist....
First time for me, Iv kept my calories for tonights meal, Salmon, any ideas what to put with it .
Thanks
Hi everyone

I'm fasting today and finding the going quite tough! :(

I'm doing the 4:3 diet for the first month, so this is my 5th fast day since I started on the 30th Jan. I've found it easy going till today, but I woke up hungry and ended up having something to eat at 12 when I usually save all my calories till my night time meal...and have had little bits of food all afternoon, so far managed to stay under my 500cals, but only just!

I'm a big emotional eater though and I'm having a down day today, so it's always a battle with eating too much on those days...maybe I shouldn't be too hard on myself and just accept it won't be a brilliant fast day, but at least I'll still be under the calories I would normally eat :)
Well done everyone, you're doing great. My tummy's playing tunes and wanting to be filled but it won't get any for another hour, so there! I Am trying to stick with the 24 hour fast and no carbs on fast days, that's 500 cals tops in 36 hours too. Surely has got to be good? Trouble is my body has decided to hang on to every morsel that comes it's way in case no more does, giving me constipation, sorry if that's too much info! Anyone got any ideas to cure this please?
This is my very first fast day.So far so good, but I am so ready to have my meal tonight which will consist of salmon and vegetables. :)
Lots more fruit and veg on feed days and more veggies on fast days. I also eat porridge and pears.

The high-fat, low-carb diet that India Knight devised suggest psyllium husks.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psyllium_seed_husks
First day for me too - had nothing since 6:30pm yesterday apart from a few fruit teas and an Oxo about 12 today. I had a bowl of Oat So Simple with semi skimmed milk at 4pm and am having a fillet of fish for dinner with some veggies.

Found it ok so far - I tried to put off eating anything as long as possible, mainly because I usually find that once I start eating I want something else.
Done it. Made it through without to much difficulty, and just had a lovely Waitrose curry ready meal (445 cals). Only problem was my son lost the lettuce :? and I got really snappy with him, as it meant my dinner was delayed by a few mins. Cross with myself now :oops:
Fasting here too. Had nothing but fruit teas and squash since about 4pm yesterday, and won't get dinner tonight until about 9pm as I'm working till 8.

Oh well, I'm just remembering the huge 3 course pub lunch we had yesterday, complete with a bottle of wine and chocolate fudge cake! I definitely need to fast after that lot!! :lol:
Feeling good...even went to gym for an hour, and have finished off my two pieces of coursework, and it is only 19.30.
Think an early night is on the cards, as feeling quite weary, but am pleased with having cuppa soup at lunch-time and risotto for tea(which tasted better than normal)
...will keep going til morning now with the odd cuppa black tea and glass of water....roll on breakfast time...back to work tomorrow so kids will be in at 8.15.....
Just had my evening meal of French onion soup. It was delicious. About to have desert of some fruit then done. Pleased I got through the day. Have been fantasising about pancakes tomorrow.
We had Sunday lunch out yesterday too, but today has gone well. Had home made French onion soup at lunch time, then sweet pepper omelette with salad for the main meal plus a tangerine. That is a typical fast day for me.
Hi all, today is my fifth fast day and i have so far lost 3.5 lbs, which im pretty pleased with :D

i had a fat free WW yogurt and green tea for breakfast around 9.30 am then a yummy salad with piri piri chicken breast for lunch. i'mnot a fan of salad, but i found that using fresh coriander and fresh chilli in mysalads really adds loads of flavour. just had a WW tuscan minestrone soup for dinner and will just have more green tea and water if i get hungry the rest of this evening. toying with the idea of cutting breakfast and lunch and having a more subsantial evening meal on wednesday,but not sure if i cold handle the hunger and all the lovely smells of everyone elses lunches wafting around the office! :? :?
Hi
I made it through today with a bowl of homemade tomato and veg soup at lunchtime and some left over roast chicken, gravy and a huge bowl of veg for dinner. Feeling chilly as I seem to do in the evenings of Fast days so bed soon.
I'm finding MyFitnessPal very helpful for keeping track of calories.
Pancakes tomorrow
83 posts Page 5 of 6