The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

1436 posts Page 79 of 96
Previous 1 ... 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82 ... 96 Next
Re: 2014 Low Carbers Tent
24 Sep 2014, 00:11
I made a cauliflower crust tonight for a pizza and it was great! I added some cheese and spices to the "mash" and it tasted great. I did press it out too thin and we needed a fork to eat but that is o.k. My husband absolutely loved eating the pizza. A big thanks to those who suggested this.
This recipe is a keeper!
24 Sep 2014, 06:38
I am with you alexsid, as soon as the sugar monster kicks in, that is it for me, so I have to get into a serious mindset of not touching any at all otherwise I get out of control.
Thank you SueQ, I am kicking off tomorrow, fingers crossed!
24 Sep 2014, 07:37
Oh Debs, I know that sugar grab too well. Yesterday evening somehow four biscuits jumped into my mouth and didn't even taste very nice, tooooo sickly yuck. 400g up today :0(
I must get a pack of Kallo dark choc rice cakes for those 'must have' moments, so at least the worst is mitigated to something decent.

I've been looking for Sukrin low carb bread mix, just to give it a try for darkest Winter needs, but no shops here sell it. I suppose it's back to the interweb for that at huge cost.

Though I've been 5:2ing again for nearly two weeks my weight has not fallen below 70.5kgs, perhaps my Seasonal Change extra nibbling has soaked up the loss, so I'd best keep at it for six months ... Ahem. Best not lay plans eh :0)
Happy Equinox for yesterday folks, Happy Mabon!
24 Sep 2014, 16:38
Thanks for tagging me@Sue.Q ! Sorry I haven't been on lately as I am SO busy doing things to the house. I am back to low carbing this week and daren't weigh myself yet as I have been off plan with things and needed the energy. Behaving myself again now. Hubby is cooking tonight, but I think it's a vegetable pie!
26 Sep 2014, 17:43
Hello fellow low carbers.
I haven't been here for a while but am still eating low carb and trying to keep to 1 6:8. It doesn't always work out and I have only lost 4 lbs on the last challenge, but I do feel better and less bloated without the dreaded carbs.
I am just about to cook Singapore Noodles using zero noodles - I know many folk don't like them, but I find if you add lots of chilli or curry they are an added bonus to compensate for no pasta or rice.
X
27 Sep 2014, 01:07
I am in here with some seriousness! I am doing a three day fat/low cal fast to get myself into fat burning which is working well, and then my shift will be low carb and low sugar with serious calorie counting. Sounds like a diet but it is the only way I can make a dent in things. The good news is that my sugar monster hasn't been awoken which I am relieved and surprised about!
27 Sep 2014, 01:43
Hi there all you low carbing happy campers. I would like to join this tent because I think low-carbing is what works best for me. I don't do severely low but try to stay under 100 grams total ( not net) carbs.

I lost 30 lbs last year doing 5:2 but gained it back after I strayed from the straight and narrow.

Dinner tonight was eggplant rollantine and fried green tomatoes. Yum! As you might guess today is not a fast day. I thought I would try to get back in the groove this week by doing a 4:3, which I was successful at! I wasn't sure I could do that.

I look forward to sharing many happy fastdays with all of you.

Dee
27 Sep 2014, 03:09
Welcome drdee, yes, I think there are quite a few of us who seem to manage better on low-carb, and having recently had genetically slightly high glucose readings, I am keen to reduce but not eliminate, just be a bit more mindful of what I put in my mouth.
27 Sep 2014, 13:39
Welcome, drDee...
I have been doing the 4:3 fasting for 3 1/2 months and feel so blessed the weight is dropping off. I really think the combination of low carb/fasting has given me my freedom back. I feel blessed to have found this WOE and hope you have immediate success too. Good luck getting started this week with the lower carb.
27 Sep 2014, 14:21
I'm off to do the low carb weekly shop. As autumn is approaching I'm looking forward to all those carby root (not potatoes) veggies as I've totally overdosed on salad this summer. DD bought me a Lurch vegetable spiralizer and recipe book which looks great fun - radish pasta tonight....that'll be a first :smile:

@Debs good luck with your fast!
27 Sep 2014, 14:37
Lizbean wrote: DD bought me a Lurch vegetable spiralizer and recipe book which looks great fun - radish pasta tonight....that'll be a first :smile: !
@Lizbean - spiralizers are fab, we can trade :geek: tips on what to do with them. :)
27 Sep 2014, 14:45
Debs I too have had my glucose levels climbing, now pretty much in the pre - diabetic range. I am hoping to see some improvement in that as I go along, I thought I would go look for some posts from people who might have seen that change, just for encouragement. I know I have lots of things to work on, one step at a time. Dee
27 Sep 2014, 14:49
Hi Tammae, thanks for the welcome! I thought a 4:3 would be a lot harder than a 5:2 but it really wasn't and I am debating trying it again this week. Might help keep me focused. Are you noticing a 4:3 works better for you? Dee
27 Sep 2014, 14:57
Hi lizbean, I have a spiralizer and it is so much fun! I've been consuming huge amounts of zucchini noodles since I got mine. I love the progress updating under your signature, looks like the challenges really worked for you. Dee
27 Sep 2014, 15:59
Welcome @drDee
Having had good results from low carbs regarding a health issue I've changed very slowly over the last year dropped the breakfast cereals completely hardly ever have bread, pasta on occasion only, replaced potatoes with turnip and celeriac having given up sugar 6 months ago I'm struggling but proud of the fact I've not caved in, this helped my carb count big time.
@Lizbean never heard of that one radish pasta
Love the courgette spaghetti and ribbons far more than the tastless real stuff, I've recently invested in a mandolin/slicer rather dangerous but extremely good, but quite how you do the
radish/patience obviously, will look out for your report after my holiday I'm up for all these new ideas, most of which are far more tastier options. :heart: Sue
Previous 1 ... 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82 ... 96 Next
1436 posts Page 79 of 96