The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

1436 posts Page 31 of 96
Previous 1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34 ... 96 Next
Re: 2014 Low Carbers Tent
19 Feb 2014, 09:05
I'm feeling pre-tty pleased with myself today. Did I have Cheerios for breakfast? No. Did I have Cornflakes for breakfast? No. Today, my friends, I ate an egg, a piece of bacon, some mushrooms and a tomato! And yesterday, my fast day, I only ate 400 calories!

Feeling chuffed

Bean :smile:
19 Feb 2014, 09:06
Yay you!!! And was it filling enough?
19 Feb 2014, 09:09
Well, it's funny because I was gonna have half a piece of toast with marmalade...but stopped myself just in time. Hungry! moi? Never

Bean :confused:
19 Feb 2014, 09:54
@nursebean take a bow, beanie bobs!

I managed 46g carbs yesterday, which is pretty low for me. Today I'm having a rare treat - a paella made with Riso gallo 3 grains. Takes me up to 105g carbs, but I think my bod can cope with that.
19 Feb 2014, 11:22
CandiceMarie wrote: I feel a bit guilty dipping a toe into this tent,but just want to report..the penny is dropping..
At last i am begining to see how it is protein and fat that fills me and keeps me full
My much loved carbs just make me - want more much loved carbs :grin: :lol: x

:heart: Welcome @CandiceMarie This must be the only tent you've not slept in lol :shock:
small steps lead to big advantages regarding lowering our carb intake and for myself stopping my bread for my lunchtime sandwich on day one of this WOL and my cereals at breakfast firstly to save calories for later in the day well you know the rest has had an enormous impact on certain health issues of mine and the last couple of months I'm trying a few of the lower carb veggies into most days of the week now, and that's the secret to success the trying coz if you don't try and I never have before then you don't know how you can fit theses changes into our daily life. :clover: Sue
19 Feb 2014, 19:29
:heart: Thanks to @FatDog@PennyForthemAnd @Caitlin :heart:
Because without your help I wouldn't be making these changes and tonight's meal wouldn't have been salivated over and you'll all be very proud of this veggie hating beginner because after my fastday meal tonight I've just made the decision to make all my fasts meat free!!!! :heart: Sue

Bolognese with courgette spaghetti. :heart:
ok maybe a bit of a cheat coz I used small amount of quorn.
19 Feb 2014, 19:34
Wow @sue.q I am IMPRESSED!
Well done!
Not cheating in my book using quorn, as it ticks all my boxes!
19 Feb 2014, 19:37
I hit 125g of carbs today, no bread, but a fair amount of fruit, can 18g of carb in one medium orange really be right?
Yesterday was a fast day and I managed 32g, so that will be my template for tomorrow's fast

Edit Quorn isn't cheating in my book either, I use it in Bolognaise, Chilli and Curries
19 Feb 2014, 19:51
Hey great stuff @Sue.Q and I'm stoked at the mention :heart:

I know of those who pour scorn on quorn but it's easier than marinating tofu on the compost heap for a week. :smile:
19 Feb 2014, 19:54
:heart: Oh good glad it's a yes to the quorn because I've tried it before and Aldi had the mince + chicken in so I got 2xmince and 1chicken I'm so full and thats the reason I'm doing veggie fasts from now on because I now know the calorie count will come better + easier. :heart:

@SianS did you get a trolley full of chock from Aldi and have you tried any yet??
19 Feb 2014, 20:05
I know how it is Sian. I absolutely love bread but seldom have it these days and my tummy loves me for it. I never buy bread now, I make rolls once a week and freeze them for my darling carb lovers packed lunches. I make them worthwhile though by including cheese and pesto. When I think...... My absolute favourite comfort food was a tin of Heinz tomato soup with white bread cheddar cheese sandwiches. Noooooooooooooo
19 Feb 2014, 20:06
@Sue.Q I did get a mixed trolley of chocolate and wine at Aldi (the washing up liquid sort of slipped through the net). So far I have tried half a mini bar of the Orange one and will deffo be going back
19 Feb 2014, 20:10
SianS wrote: @Sue.Q I did get a mixed trolley of chocolate and wine at Aldi (the washing up liquid sort of slipped through the net). So far I have tried half a mini bar of the Orange one and will deffo be going back

You're clearly a girl after my heart @SianS, good to see you have your priorities right, choccy and wine yeah! :like: :like:
19 Feb 2014, 20:12
Does gin fizz have carbs in it? Lol hic!
19 Feb 2014, 20:15
@callyanna...the things I do in the name of research *sigh*
Previous 1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34 ... 96 Next
1436 posts Page 31 of 96