The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

1436 posts Page 32 of 96
Previous 1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 ... 96 Next
Re: 2014 Low Carbers Tent
19 Feb 2014, 20:17
Wendy Darling wrote: Does gin fizz have carbs in it? Lol hic!

If you replace the sugar with sweetner then virtually none so you can drink as much as you like :grin:
19 Feb 2014, 20:39
I'm just wondering about high fibre / low carbs. My tummy is happier with high fibre but I am thinking that fruit is high carb. I have had fruit and yogurt then salmon and eggs for breakfast for the last few days and my tummy is delighted. I haven't been having lunch nor much dinner. If I have it has been mainly protein.

What is best to ensure high fibre / low carbs? Thanks x
19 Feb 2014, 21:13
Wendy Darling wrote: What is best to ensure high fibre / low carbs? Thanks x

Most beans have approx 45 - 75% of daily fiber (in measures of around 20g dried) but of course 40 - 60% carb. (needs checked pls) I like lentils, especially the green brown ones.

Green leafy veg and brassicas are excellent -> good fiber. I like baby spinach or chard for breakfast with eggs.

Berries in 50 - 70g measures. And of course flax seeds milled, why I use them instead of flax oil.

Kiwifruit pears apple-peel in small measures.

So it is a bit of a balancing act, I try to work out my days eating then see how I can fit in the various components. This has got easier now so I don't have to thnk about it too hard.

Your breakfast sounds ideal though, would just check the fruit carbs, and maybe add some seeds to the yogurt

There are folks here who know more than me about this who will have better info.

:smile:
19 Feb 2014, 21:19
That's great, thank you. Come to think of it, my breakfasts have been spinach omelette with smoked salmon filling. Eat your heart out Popye
20 Feb 2014, 04:49
Thanks for helping me sort out my diet low carbers. I'm now going back to oats, yogurt and honey and eggs for breaky. Then trying to give up pasta and rice and bread. But breaky stays for now. Has worked today. Pumpkin and sweet pot have carbs, but i find i feel sick if i dont eat some.
I'm prolly going to around 100-120 a day. I'm gonna do that plus 5:2.

someone mentioned flaxseed crackers - are they really yum? Is there a recipe somewhere?
thanks sooo much
jo :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
20 Feb 2014, 08:59
:heart: Hi @Jo05 The flaxseed crackers are one of @FatDogrecipe's check out her thread or maybe someone will bump it for both of us. :heart: Sue
20 Feb 2014, 10:55
Sue.Q wrote: :heart: Hi @Jo05 The flaxseed crackers are one of @FatDogrecipe's check out her thread or maybe someone will bump it for both of us. :heart: Sue

Cheers @Sue.Q, I love crackers and to have something to put tomato on or a nibble would be great. I'll search again cheers.

Jo :heart: :heart:
Flax / linseed crackers
20 Feb 2014, 13:32
Jo05 wrote: someone mentioned flaxseed crackers - are they really yum? Is there a recipe somewhere?

One problem, @Jo05, is that I use the name "linseed" rather than "flaxseed" - they are, however, *exactly* the same thing!

Plus, the search facility seems to have gone to xxxx since the forum moved from 52fastdiet to fastday - even using google site search (from google.co.uk) isn't seeing stuff any more.

Anyway - recipe originally listed here on days 81 and 82 (Thursday & Friday) progress-f4/topic6427-195.html#p97606 I think they're delicious, but I might be a tad biased...

But the simplest is 10g ground linseed plus 10ml water and a tiny pinch of salt, mixed, spread *evenly* on non-stick surface and pinged for 30 seconds then at 10 second intervals thereafter (your microwave will behave as your microwave does, not the same as the one I'm using!). Very easy to burn. If you're doing greater quantities, the ping time is longer. You can put other stuff in there, like dried parmesan, chilli flakes, onion powder, cinnamon, sweetener... the only limit is your imagination - you'll maybe need to adjust the water to compensate.

Enjoy.
20 Feb 2014, 13:37
Quorn is ok isn't it?

Bean :starving: :confused:
20 Feb 2014, 14:39
@
nursebean wrote: Quorn is ok isn't it?

Bean :starving: :confused:

:heart: nursy @PennyForthem And @SianS said yes when I asked that question last night @nursebean and @izzy has pointed me in the right direction of there own site with recipes I'm doing the "chicken" curry and cauliflower rice tonight :shock: will report back later. :clover: Sue
21 Feb 2014, 07:16
Love my OH :heart: He dug out my lovely Denby split bowl yesterday and made chicken and ham pie ; pastry on their half, cauli mash topping on mine. Lovely sight to greet me after a busy day at work.

Delic :cool:
21 Feb 2014, 07:49
Very nice! And whose is the hand on the can of Carlsberg -?!
21 Feb 2014, 08:13
The much adored chef :wink: Mines the glass of red :grin:
21 Feb 2014, 08:31
Ah yes, cheeky red in the corner there. Looks lovely!!
24 Feb 2014, 21:00
Its been a tough fast today - mainly 'cos I slept badly, I think. So I'm planning a yummy food day tomorrow, to make up for it;

Eggs Benedict for breakfast, replacing the muffin with mushrooms
Goats cheese, salad and flaxseed crackers for lunch
Salmon, cauli cheese and spinach for dinner

Which comes in at less than 1,000 cals, and 22g carb, according to MFP, which seems too good to be true
Previous 1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 ... 96 Next
1436 posts Page 32 of 96