The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

1436 posts Page 33 of 96
Previous 1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36 ... 96 Next
Re: 2014 Low Carbers Tent
24 Feb 2014, 21:34
We had courgette 'spaghetti' tonight with chicken in tomato sauce. Never had it before, it was very nice.
24 Feb 2014, 21:51
Had a really good day, but then went out to a social media training event, where there were sandwiches and chips, that jumped mysteriously into my mouth. How could that Be?
24 Feb 2014, 22:37
Yoohoooo...Im new.....what do I have to avoid to not have carbs??
Im a bit dim on this subject and what do I eat instead....
24 Feb 2014, 23:05
Most of us here are low carbers, avoiding rice, pasta, bread potatoes etc. All veg contain carbs, but in fairly low amounts. If you read back, there is a good link to the amounts of carbs which are ideal for weight loss.
And I should have said welcome!
25 Feb 2014, 20:18
:heart: Tonight's meal of mushroom stroganoff with courgette ribbons was very nice indeed @Wendy Darling very tasty very filling my only mistake was rushing the slicing of the ribbons so maybe next time I'll stick to the "spaghetti" plus as I had 2 courgettes in the fridge I cooked both!!!
Yes well and truly stuffed once again and no meat
at all today. :heart: Sue

:heart: Plenty useful tips and advice on here @Claire23
25 Feb 2014, 20:21
@sue.q how did you cut the courgettes? When I tried this mine sort of collapsed.
25 Feb 2014, 20:34
I use a potato peeler to peel strips off the courgette, and keep turning it around so I'm peeling relatively narrow strips. Stop at the seedy bit. Then I microwave it for 2 mins. Delicious...think I prefer it to real pasta!
25 Feb 2014, 20:35
@Minumonline I've got a very good set of sharp knives and sliced them thinly but I've and idea from somewhere to use a peeler and wish I had I was in to much of a hurry tonight for some reason, hunger + back2back!!. :heart: Sue
26 Feb 2014, 13:22
Thanks carorees and sue.Q - I'll try again tonight.

Here's my yummy LC lunch
26 Feb 2014, 14:04
Wow that looks amazing @Minumonline Very tasty indeed good job ive already had my lunch.
Should have said I think the courgette spaghetti does go little "limp " bit like the real thing. :heart: Sue
28 Feb 2014, 19:27
Never ever again.

Thought I'd have a carb fest treat today, after 8 happy days at under 30g carbs per day. Steak and chips for lunch, lovely, cake this afternoon, nice, then pizza tonight. I'm shaking now, feel really bad, wish I hadn't done it. Reminds me how poorly I used to feel before fasting/low carb.
28 Feb 2014, 19:32
Oh dear! maybe just one of those three treats might have been ok Minumonline, but obviously not all of them! :cry: Really hope the shakiness passes off quickly and you'll recover quickly as soon as you return to low carbing. Big hugs!
28 Feb 2014, 19:34
Well I spent some time today writing up some recipes from my new low carb recipe book. How I managed to do that on a fast day I'll never know! Anyway, all I have to so now is save up some energy to cook something. Mind you, the Winter Cobb Salad looks truly delish and I think I may have to get cracking in that one :wink:

Bean :starving:
11 Mar 2014, 14:06
Thank-you once again @PennyForthem I've just done my first celeriac remoulade :like: absolutely wonderful I only did a small chunk as a sample for one person and I loved it had it with a large salad and small amount of feta cheese will definitely be repeating on a regular basis. :heart: Sue
15 Mar 2014, 13:40
:heart: Topic bumped for @honey86 :heart:
Have a good read around. :heart: Sue
Previous 1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36 ... 96 Next
1436 posts Page 33 of 96