The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

1436 posts Page 34 of 96
Previous 1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 ... 96 Next
Re: 2014 Low Carbers Tent
15 Mar 2014, 16:58
Thanks for bumping this thread @sue.q. I'd forgotten about it. @minumonline that photo of your food looks fabulous.
15 Mar 2014, 17:27
Thanks for the tag Sue! going to do a bit of digging round so I can get started on a healthy shopping list :)
15 Mar 2014, 17:33
I love this thread :heart: Tonight we're having pork chops baked in a homemade tomato, olive and chilli sauce, with a vegetable bake. Pre-dinner nibbles of cheese, and bits of salad. Desert will be another glass of red :wink:
15 Mar 2014, 17:59
Lovely photo @minumonline
15 Mar 2014, 22:43
Yes that photo is lovely indeed Minum x
15 Mar 2014, 22:56
Mmm sounds like you had a good meal Tonight Minumonline

Bean :bugeyes:
15 Mar 2014, 23:45
I love your new avatar photo @Minumonline . you look so happy. Was that on your anniversary?
Low carb wise- I've been having around 100 grams of carbs or less most days which I think puts me in a good fat burning zone and I find that quite easy since I realized one day while eating a chicken salad roll that it felt like the bread was in the way and I couldn't taste the yummy stuff inside so I tossed the bun. I aso realized when eating at restaurants that pasta,bread and rice are cheap for the restaurant to provide but is basically just fillers and we pay a premium. If we base our meal on quality protein/meat/seafood and beautiful veges and salad we are getting value for money, full tummy and no blood sugar spikes. I went to a Mexican restaurant last week and ordered a pulled pork burrito without the burrito ( a naked burrito) and it was yummy ( and I didnt feel guilty at all eating the avocado and sour cream! :victory:
Xxx
16 Mar 2014, 16:29
51g carbs todat ad 45g yesterday. That should compensate for the estimated whopping 180g on Friday!!
17 Mar 2014, 20:00
Thanks @Julianna - yes, taken on Brighton beach on my anniversary, it was a really lovely day, and I'm thrilled to have a proper set of photos, thanks to a dear friend who came and took them.
21 Mar 2014, 13:10
Rather pleased with this fritatta - I fried some onions/peppers/courgettes, added herbs, garlic, and chopped olives. I boiled some kale, and chopped it in the food processor, beat 6 eggs with grated parmesan and cheddar, then cooked it as an omelette.

I'll serve chilled in cubes tonght with wine
21 Mar 2014, 13:11
Rather pleased with this fritatta - I fried some onions/peppers/courgettes, added herbs, garlic, and chopped olives. I boiled some kale, and chopped it in the food processor, beat 6 eggs with grated parmesan and cheddar, then cooked it as an omelette.

I'll serve chilled in cubes tonght with wine
21 Mar 2014, 13:14
What a great idea@Minumonline
Love the idea of having it cubed and cold with wine..something a bit different and tapas -y to serve instead of or as well as crisps and nuts ..i never seem to get further than crisps/ nuts scenario! X pic looks lovely x
22 Mar 2014, 11:05
Ok ladies,
I need you to cast your eyes over my low carb efforts today and give me your professional opinion. We'll forget about the small square of banana cake I just had (hem hem).
Brekkie: Greek yoghurt with chia seed, flaxseed and a spoonful of tinned mandarins in juice, and five tinned prunes.
Lunch: large salad of green beans with Sunday dried tomatoes, grated cheese, avocado, grated carrot and mixed leaves
Dinner: Thai chicken stir fry and steamed broccoli, carrots with garlic and chilli
Other: handful of mixed nuts

Still too carby??
22 Mar 2014, 11:15
I have no idea about numbers but my initial instinct is - re brekky- drop the tinned fruit ( I think high carb????) And have lovely berries or kiwi fruit (BUT you're in the virtual desert so in that case I'd say "well done Debs" but ad I said I have no idea but didn't want to leave you hanging I tlil our UK ladies wake up. Lunch and dinner look perfect!!
Xxx julianna
22 Mar 2014, 11:16
Ha ha thank you! Yes, that's all there was apart from rock hard pears and Granny Smiths which I don't like. I felt it was a start in the right direction! I virtuously wandered past the potatoes four ways (lots of Irish working here!!!), and the piles of meat and noodles!
Previous 1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 ... 96 Next
1436 posts Page 34 of 96