The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

1436 posts Page 35 of 96
Previous 1 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38 ... 96 Next
Re: 2014 Low Carbers Tent
22 Mar 2014, 11:22
Loving all the seeds and full fat yoghurt .Go @debs!!
22 Mar 2014, 12:15
Hi there @pennyforthem, can you give me your opinion on my low carb attempt for today? :?: :smile:
22 Mar 2014, 12:28
@debs, like Julianna said, the tinned fruit is quite high carb, but you have to take everything else into consideration, too, especially the fact you can't always get 'healthy' alternatives.
How many grams of carbs are you aiming for per day? You've probably seen this
http://www.marksdailyapple.com/press/th ... z2kwmupjR1

I aim for 45/50 3 times a week and around 70 for 2 days and 100 2 days.

You haven't got a lot to lose, have you? I would imagine that nobody, looking at you, would say you are overweight xx
22 Mar 2014, 12:32
I don't really know, I haven't been counting as I can't measure anything and I'm doing ADF too. Thank you for the link, I shall have a shuftie now.
22 Mar 2014, 13:38
Hi Debs this menu looks good to me, pretty much what I do on my four low carb feed days. The fruit and sundrieds (fruit) will bump the carbs a bit.

If you get some of these ketostix things you can get a rough idea of at which point your bod is still in ketosis, I can go up to about 100g of carb now, so it really depends on your own body. If your carb is low enough it might be okay to up your fat intake a bit and this will reduce the perfectly reasonable desire to eat Banana Cake..

Anyway I am not a genius at this stuff, I just know what works for me, you really need one of our resident brains :)

Xx
23 Mar 2014, 00:59
Hi @Debs, I always wondered how to calculate carbs. Then I downloaded the free app Myfitnesspal and if you type in your meal then press the nutrition button it will tell you how many carbs in your meal/day ( as well as fat/protein/vitamins etc) that's the only way I know.
Xxx
23 Mar 2014, 04:47
Hi there,
Yes, I use it on occasion, my basic problem is nothing to measure anything with as I have to guesstimate and usually guess under what it actually is.
02 Apr 2014, 17:24
Yummy Yummy quick dinner

Gently fried a chopped onion - part water part oil so it didn't brown. Added frozen peas and some shredded cooked chicken. Stir in some sour cream and a good squirt of English mustard. Served on a bed of rocket. Yum, Yum, Yum.

No photo, as its a dinner of taste, not style :grin:
03 Apr 2014, 10:20
I'm trying hard to stay off gluten and sugar in everything :0@ and was reading about resistant starch in cooked then left to go cold potatoes so thought I'd try it. Oh boy. Very nice but the DREAMS!! Wow! Make-your-own-movie dreams, vivid, detailed amazing! I And I woke happy and relaxed, first time this week. Brilliant. Information about resistant starch on http://www.marksdailyapple.com/the-defi ... z2xo3gfEnj
03 Apr 2014, 11:16
Interesting stuff! Thanks @Azureblue!
03 Apr 2014, 16:38
But won't Freddie get us, @Azureblue? Seriously though, if I am going to eat potatoes occasionally eat them straight from the fridge, and if making bean salad from canned beans, chill them in the fridge. Not too difficult :smile:
03 Apr 2014, 20:24
Bit more info on resistant starch:-

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/resistan ... more-48893
05 Apr 2014, 19:08
Managed to keep under 100g carbs today, actually stopped at 87g, hurrah!

Addendum 6th April:- been fasting since 7pm last night and BOY is my brain on overload to make me eat! I keep having thoughts about eating food, how it won't matter, how much warmer I'd feel etc. Then another 'me' pipes up "stop that, keep fasting, keep on with the low carbs, you know it works". Have I become a split personality? :0@
07 Apr 2014, 17:55
I think my low carbing is too low, as I have dropped another pound to 10 4.75. I made myself a paella tonight while hub had risotto and I've pushed the boat out with 91g of carbs.
Previous 1 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38 ... 96 Next
1436 posts Page 35 of 96