The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

1436 posts Page 37 of 96
Previous 1 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40 ... 96 Next
Re: 2014 Low Carbers Tent
13 Apr 2014, 04:32
Thank you Karen!Fasting tomorrow so I'll make it on tuesday. I have the almond and coconut flour already as I tried to make pancakes but I didn't know what I was doing and had to throw them out!
13 Apr 2014, 05:15
Wow @julianna. Expensive ingredients to throw out. I have to agree they are hard to work with.
13 Apr 2014, 05:40
I have lots left. I just had to throw out the attempted pancakes
13 Apr 2014, 06:54
@debs and @julianna you could also try @FatDog's recipe for her 'bread' - done in microwave - we were talking about it at the meet-up yesterday ... Recipe will be on her low carb thread, but I bet she will be along shortly to direct us to it!
13 Apr 2014, 06:59
Thank you, I will do when I next get a chance to cook, which unfortunately isn' t very often these days. Next week I shall be mainly eats shoots and leaves!!! With a small amount of protein too of course!
I did have to be bodily dragged screaming out of Aldi earlier in the face of whittakers peanut butter milk chocolate. How could they tempt me like that, don't they know what that combination of food groups does to me?!
13 Apr 2014, 07:04
Would have loved to have seen that Debs! We did have some choc yesterday at the meet-up, courtesy of barbarita, who'd bought the Lindt %proof stuff I got for Karen - but even higher %!!
13 Apr 2014, 07:08
Mmmm that is my poison of choice too. I bought some really good high cocoa % in David jones to take back with me and I am eking it out little by little.
13 Apr 2014, 10:19
I'm not missing bread at all and could easily do without it,
but i think it dies make you feel stuffed + bloated + yes tired
I haven't yet tried FatDogs bread but I will because I fancy a piece of toast occasionally, have had some bread since "our" trial Debs and have found myself craving more bread just because its there looking gorgeous + crusty!!!
Another item off menu for me because I want some more off that "high feeling" of last week deffo,
as I said before I'm not going to die from insufficient bread, tea and coffee am I now?
13 Apr 2014, 14:44
Hi,

I have a question. I want to start cutting back a bit on my carbs. Is it the kind of thing where any cutting back you do is helpful or do you have to kind of go full fledged? For example, if I were to eat low carb during the week, but then splurged on carbs on the weekend would that undo everything I'd done during the week?

I hope that makes sense! Thank you!
13 Apr 2014, 15:39
I love @FatDogS OLS bread. It toasts, use with scrambled eggs and have used to make a sandwich but mostly just buttered. I find a plastic takeaway dish is the perfect size to make it in and there's only that, a fork and a measuring jug to was up afterwards! Just brilliant.
13 Apr 2014, 15:41
For me @cblasz My low carb journey began by slowly withdrawing firstly my bread from lunchtime sandwich basically to save calories then because I woke up mornings after my 3 fastdays I skipped breakfast for the same reason however the health benefits it bought me made me more determined to carry on with reductions.
So for you as a start I think enjoying your weekend and reducing the other days is a good idea because if you're feeling so much better for doing this you'll soon want that feeling all the time as I do, and fastdays are better as low or no carbs, carorees said. (eating window tent page 17)
that our bodies don't need carbs.Good luck :clover:
13 Apr 2014, 18:27
Thanks Sue. I'm definitely already low carb on fast days. It's just the other days that I'm not! I plan to start slow like you, too. I've already thought about small changes I can make.
13 Apr 2014, 18:59
My experience of dukan alongside Atkins has shown me this:

Low carb during the week takes me into fat burning mode or "Ketosis"
BUT
Having a lovely weekend with the odd carb in the form of a slice of bread here, a few roast potatoes and maybe some alcohol there will bring my Ketosis out of line.
Also in order for MY body to do well at low crab I have to do it almost full time to get the best results.

Will have a session on it weds to fri
Anyone fancy joining me ?
13 Apr 2014, 19:20
@carieoates
carieoates wrote: My experience of dukan alongside Atkins has shown me this:

Also in order for MY body to do well at low crab I have to do it almost full time to get the best results.

Yes I'll join you for a session I assume you mean low carbing so how low and 3 full days?
13 Apr 2014, 19:27
carieoates wrote: My experience of dukan alongside Atkins has shown me this:

BUT
Having a lovely weekend with the odd carb in the form of a slice of bread here, a few roast potatoes and maybe some alcohol there will bring my Ketosis out of line.

But, do you still get some results if you only do it part-time?
Previous 1 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40 ... 96 Next
1436 posts Page 37 of 96