The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

1436 posts Page 38 of 96
Previous 1 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41 ... 96 Next
Re: 2014 Low Carbers Tent
13 Apr 2014, 20:13
Thanks @Sue.Q and @cblaszI think I can manage to do ultra low carb from Weds to Fr ( 3 full days) less than 20g a day. It may be a bit difficult adding in 16.8 with wed and fri full fast. Also adding into the mix I will be exercising weds and fri.

I am actually very excited about this
13 Apr 2014, 20:17
cblasz wrote:
carieoates wrote: My experience of dukan alongside Atkins has shown me this:

Low carb during the week takes me into fat burning mode or "Ketosis"
BUT
Having a lovely weekend with the odd carb in the form of a slice of bread here, a few roast potatoes and maybe some alcohol there will bring my Ketosis out of line.
Also in order for MY body to do well at low crab I have to do it almost full time to get the best results.

Will have a session on it weds to fri
Anyone fancy joining me ?

But, do you still get some results if you only do it part-time?

I'm not so sure it's possible as fat burning needs to stay on unfortunately. It's like a balancing act the see saw will drop back out of fat burning really easily.
13 Apr 2014, 21:51
So, if I cut back on carbs for 5 days and lose say 1lb. as a result, but then eat carbs on the weekend, I will gain back said pound?

Not meaning to argue, just trying to understand!
13 Apr 2014, 21:55
cblasz wrote: So, if I cut back on carbs for 5 days and lose say 1lb. as a result, but then eat carbs on the weekend, I will gain back said pound?

Not meaning to argue, just trying to understand!

Not arguing, you're asking very important questions. Knowledge is key luv.

That's what used to happen to me, but it doesn't mean it will with you. Give it a go, as see what happens. We can do it together. :smile:
13 Apr 2014, 21:59
Thank you for your help! I am going to start slow and see how it goes. I'm going to continue fasting 2 days, which I am already low carb, and cut back on carbs a little bit, while still counting calories during the week. On the weekends I plan to be less restrictive, but will still try to be aware of the carbs I am eating and cut back if I can!
13 Apr 2014, 22:01
One other thing - do you subtract amount of fiber from the amount of carbs when calculating carbs?
13 Apr 2014, 22:13
cblasz wrote: One other thing - do you subtract amount of fiber from the amount of carbs when calculating carbs?

Sounds like a good plan to me...
Good luck.
If I shift anything I will let you know, but it'll just be damage from my holibobs being repaired.

Yes I believe you do subtract the fibre as it doesn't "stay with us" does it"
14 Apr 2014, 12:08
Bumping this for @Sarahg hope it helps, good luck

Ballerina x :heart:
14 Apr 2014, 18:53
Today's fast day completed by 13g of carbs, 18g of protein and 221 calories in the shape of a small fillet of salmon with veggies of cauliflower, broccoli, stringless runner beans and Brussels sprouts.
Hoping for a good scale reading tomorrow :0)
15 Apr 2014, 09:57
And it is 11st 0lbs :0D
16 Apr 2014, 06:59
Azureblue wrote: And it is 11st 0lbs :0D

WOW That's a great result @Azureblue well done. :heart:
16 Apr 2014, 07:06
Here I am with my commitment to low carb. I will not be able to test it till next Tuesday (ketones) . But today I'm fasting low carbing, and oh yes exercising.
16 Apr 2014, 07:14
Yes I'm in with you @Debs And @carieoates Fasting and going low carb today and tomorrow for me
(Fri will be a 20:4 ish)
Monday wasn't as low as intended, but last nights carb overload meal has left me feeling rough and fragile despite being low alcohol, as I'm carbed-up today will be good one.
:clover: :clover: :clover:
16 Apr 2014, 08:21
It is going to be interesting to see how we feel doing this.
Well I got through today under 20g of carbs, despite having some nuts at lunchtime mainly so I could take some painkillers. Grilled barramundi and stir fried broccoli and greens for dinner so all good. Hungry now though!
16 Apr 2014, 15:13
Lost the plot while out yesterday, ate *** butter shortbreads and flapjack and chocolate and sandwich :0@ I've notched it up as a carb re-feed.
1kg heavier today unsurprisingly :0(
Today is going well and hurrah grandson got into primary school of choice too :0)
I can do this, I am doing this, I will do this and live forever :0D
Previous 1 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41 ... 96 Next
1436 posts Page 38 of 96