The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

1436 posts Page 40 of 96
Previous 1 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43 ... 96 Next
Re: 2014 Low Carbers Tent
18 Apr 2014, 08:10
@Ballerina - TMI!!!!!!! But Happy Easter to you - you can enjoy it now !!!! :shock: :lol:
18 Apr 2014, 08:11
Ballerina wrote:
Debs wrote: Any good chemist silverdarling, but feel free to grab a twig from the garden if you just want a stick :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

As I have just completed my bi-annual bowel cancer screening test, the thought of more sticky moments in the toilet is well,..............you can imagine.......... :shock:

Ballerina x :heart:

Not a nice "job" ballerina but always feel better for getting it done, peace of mind.
18 Apr 2014, 08:29
Sue.Q wrote:
Ballerina wrote:
Debs wrote: Any good chemist silverdarling, but feel free to grab a twig from the garden if you just want a stick :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

As I have just completed my bi-annual bowel cancer screening test, the thought of more sticky moments in the toilet is well,..............you can imagine.......... :shock:

Not a nice "job" ballerina but always feel better for getting it done, peace of mind.

It was a filthy job but someone had to do it and better me than someone else :shock:

Re: 2 014 Low Carbers Tent
18 Apr 2014, 08:30
After a very high carb day yesterday (140g) I have put on half a pound. In order to maintain, I must have one or two days like this per week and see what that does to my weight.

That reminds me @ballerina I received a test kit through the post and need to 'action it!! :grin:
18 Apr 2014, 08:35
Bleugh! This Tent is taking on a distinctly low below-the-belt tone! Let's get back to talking about food :shock: :wink: as usual :razz: :lol: :lol:
Re: 2 014 Low Carbers Tent
18 Apr 2014, 08:36
PennyForthem wrote:
That reminds me @ballerina I received a test kit through the post and need to 'action it!! :grin:

These little kits are great fun aren't they @Pennyforthem ? A wonderful way to not take yourself seriously but at least afterwards you can feel that it was a job well done:shock: :lol:

@Silverdarling,it must all be in your mind :lol: :lol: :lol:

18 Apr 2014, 08:40
@ballerina you are forcing yes forcing me away from the forum and into the garden now, Doddingtons cheese biscuits plus manchego and some of @PennyForthem chilli jam for lunch, - or possibly elevenses ...

Didn't you just say you were off for a walk ?? :razz: :shock: :wink:
18 Apr 2014, 08:41
Silverdarling wrote:
Didn't you just say you were off for a walk ?? :razz: :shock: :wink:

Yep, bye bye........... :lol: :geek: :lol:

18 Apr 2014, 09:30
Oh @SilverDarling, manchego cheese, my current favourite, so, so tasty!
18 Apr 2014, 10:46
Oh someone mention cheese??!!!!
18 Apr 2014, 13:29
callyanna wrote: Oh @SilverDarling, manchego cheese, my current favourite, so, so tasty!

It was @Callyanna it was! :lol: :lol: :lol:
(Sorry @Debs - just practising for next week :wink: )
18 Apr 2014, 21:14
I'm feeling a lot more decarbonated today, had half a jacket potato at dinner. No other carbs other than those in my salad. Just had several almonds so that I won't keep myself awake with tummy rumbling. I love my tummy rumbling, always a good sign in my opinion.

This low cal and low carb malarkey is a bit hard to get used to again.
Need to get my bikini bod sorted. Oh yes I wear bikinis :shock:
21 Apr 2014, 10:38
I want to join in with the low carbing gang this week (starting tomorrow) but I'm not sure how you know the carb counts - apart from the obvious ones that I already mostly avoid. Do you use MFP to keep track? Thanks x
21 Apr 2014, 10:58
I NO carb on Mondays whilst trying to do a liquid only fast and for the rest of the week I try to not break my fast with carbs but otherwise just eat normally with in my window. Having said that, 'eating normally' is such a different animal to what it used to be :lol: that's the magic of this way of life, 'normal' gradually slips into being 'healthy' without trying. :like:

@Wendy Darling I have a 10 year old book which is a very comprehensive carbohydrate/calorie/fat/protein and fibre list of foods. Presumably it is a relic from my flirtation with Dr Atkins :shock: Not sure it is still in print after all this time but I guess most modern minded people do these things on line nowadays but I don't know how to, sorry, I can't help you :frown:

21 Apr 2014, 11:14
@Wendy Darling and anyone else who may be interested, I found the updated version if my book, this is from the Waterstones website

The Brilliant Carb Counter (Paperback)
by Carolyn Humphries

Format: Paperback 256 pages
In stock
Usually despatched within 24 hours
Share on facebook Share on pinterest_share Share on twitter Share on email

Be the first to write a review
£4.99
Delivered FREE
in the UK

Add to wish list
More info
Reviews
No other book does this for you! this book is a tour de force in nutritional research. Here are 3,400 UK foods, measured by portion size, carbs content, fat, protein and fibre. A huge amount of information for you to use. No matter how you want to use this information, it will support you all the way. Weight loss planning or diabetic diet management are equally well served. If you are new to Carbs Counting, this is definitely the book for you. Even the two-week induction period for the Atkins diet system has been addressed. You will see the recommended foods for this period identified by shading in the tables. If you want to control your carbs, then this book is simply Brilliant.
Book details
Published
22/11/2010
Publisher
W Foulsham & Co Ltd
ISBN

Other books by this author
See all titles

Pocket Calorie Counter: The Little Book That Measures and Counts Your Portions Too (Paperback)

£4.99
Add to basket

The More Veg Cookbook (Hardback)

£12.79
RRP: £16.99
You save: £4.20
Add to basket

Gluten-free Bread and Cakes: With Full Details for Dairy or Lactose Intolerance (Paperback)

£7.49
RRP: £9.99
You save: £2.50
Add to basket

The Classic 1000 Calorie-counted Recipes (Paperback)

£6.79
RRP: £8.99
You save: £2.20
Add to basket

Customers who bought this title, also bought...

The Body Fat Solution: 5 Principles for Burning Fat, Building Lean Muscles, Ending Emotional Eating, and Maintaining Your Perfect Weight (Hardback)

£21.00
Add to basket

What You See Is What You Get: My Autobiography (Hardback)

What is Marketplace?

300 15-minute Low-carb Recipes: Hundreds of Delicious Meals That Let You Live Your Low-carb Lifestyle and Never Look Back (Paperback)

£12.99
Add to basket

At My Mother's Knee ...: and Other Low Joints (Paperback)

£6.79
RRP: £8.99
You save: £2.20
Add to basket
This book can be found in...

Health & Lifestyle > Fitness & diet > Diets & dieting
Language & Reference > Encyclopaedias & reference works > Reference works
The prices displayed are for website purchases only, and may differ to the prices in Waterstones shops.

Previous 1 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43 ... 96 Next
1436 posts Page 40 of 96