The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

1436 posts Page 41 of 96
Previous 1 ... 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44 ... 96 Next
Re: 2014 Low Carbers Tent
21 Apr 2014, 15:15
I use calorie count but I'm fairly sure that mfp gives carb values. On the other hand if you just avoid all starches, grains, sugars and fruits you'll be certain to be pretty low carb.
21 Apr 2014, 15:52
@Wendy Darling I also use calorie count because Caroline posted it on site it is a recipe builder but can be used for single items or even everything you've eaten through the day regardless to any recipe, think I gave you link ages ago can bump if needed. I've restarted today with my fastday see you tomorrow. :heart:
21 Apr 2014, 16:50
Thank you Ballerina for the info just ordered the book....
The Brilliant Carb Counter (Paperback)
by Carolyn Humphries
:victory:
21 Apr 2014, 17:19
Wendy Darling wrote: I want to join in with the low carbing gang this week (starting tomorrow) but I'm not sure how you know the carb counts - apart from the obvious ones that I already mostly avoid. Do you use MFP to keep track? Thanks x

@wendydarling MFP is great for carb counts in most cases, especially 'official' entries from supermarkets etc. Some of the user entered one just have calories, without any other nutritional info.
21 Apr 2014, 22:52
Ahhhh ok, thanks everyone. Will have a look at all three and take on board Caroline's basic guide too.

Am 16:8ing tomorrow and have got a salad ready for lunch with smoked salmon and feta. Have put sweetcorn on it which I suppose is a no no. I have a Greek yoghurt and I was going to have a banana with that. I supposed that's a no no too. I will look them up. Tomorrow's dinner will be chicken with salad so that should be ok. Thanks again x
22 Apr 2014, 15:43
@Wendy darling I use my fitness pal. Take the fibre count off the carb value for correct carb content. You'd be amazed just what has hidden carbs in. Takes a while to get head round it to be honest,
22 Apr 2014, 15:52
I thought MFP showed net carbs?
22 Apr 2014, 16:53
http://www.atkins.com/program/phase-1/w ... phase.aspx

Not that I'm suggesting Atkins is a sustainable WOL but was searching for a good list of low carb foods and thought I'd share this web page so above is the link for anyone interested. Yes it's American in quantities and naming but it may be helpful, to one or two of you (me included)
22 Apr 2014, 16:57
Thanks Caroline. 18g so far today, only 2 fibre, so 16 sugar. Haven't even had dinner yet. Is that bad?

Minumonline it does, but there is another page where it breaks it down. On the iPad it is where you see the pie :lol: :lol: :lol: how unfortunate! chart on the top right. Click on the word 'nutrients' and it will take you to the breakdown.

Is it safe to eat like this? Not really too sure about almost cutting a whole group. Bit scary
22 Apr 2014, 17:02
Cutting down is ok but not forever.
22 Apr 2014, 18:45
I don't see a problem with permanent reduction of carbs, they aren't necessary, other than the ones we have in veg and salad, and we know sugar is positively bad for us.

But my reality is I slip so often, I'm not really severely restricting at all. But I feel better on the days when I do
22 Apr 2014, 19:05
32g carbs on today's fasting day. A little higher than a preferred 20g but I ate 600g of soup as hunger needed to be assuaged!
I'm going to try for a daily 80g carb for the rest of the week.
22 Apr 2014, 19:05
@Wendy Darling I'm not giving anything up never have never will, when I did the trial with @Debs Caroline said the body doesn't need carbs so a reduction is fine.
My last couple of days have been quite low having bought a turkey I've had that with lots of veggies making good use of my enormous celeriac mashed with turnip.
Over the weekend we had a family BBQ I made loads of salad + coleslaw and celeriac rémoulade and jacket potatoes but for myself I blasted a flat slice of celeriac in microwave then popped on the bbq to give it some
extra flavour= yummm
yes very nice indeed one I'll repeat deffo. :clover: :clover: :clover:
22 Apr 2014, 19:17
Grrrr long post disappeared. Again........

16:8 today, low carb came in at 23g. MFP calculated it for me and I am way under my calorie allowance for the day. I don't usually use MFP as surely the allowance it gives me for maintaining is over 7 days. If I'm right, does anyone know how to set it correctly for 5:2? Thanks x

My TDEE is depressingly low. I like food just as much as a tall person. It's not fair.
22 Apr 2014, 20:31
[quote="Sue.Q"I'm not giving anything up never have never will,

I am also not giving anything up that I used to eat I am merely rearranging things. I eat a lot less bread, potatoes, rice and pasta but I still eat them all, just in vastly reduced quantities. I've always liked vegetables and I now eat them in much larger quantities than I used to, my protein Intake is reasonably stable at low to medium and my fat intake has increased, sugar has been reduced quite considerably. So, no need to eliminate anything either on a temporary or permanent basis, just rejig things, et voilá

Ballerina x :heart:
Previous 1 ... 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44 ... 96 Next
1436 posts Page 41 of 96