The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

1436 posts Page 43 of 96
Previous 1 ... 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46 ... 96 Next
Re: 2014 Low Carbers Tent
23 Apr 2014, 20:43
Ok thanks, I don't know what my intake was before because I have never counted anything but I think I may up it from what it has been yesterday and today to somewhere in the region of 100 g per day. I'm a bit of an all or nothing type which is probably why I find fasting so easy. I might even go back to what I was doing before i.e only cutting out the bread, pasta, rice and potatoes and track it on MFP so that I can see what it is I do naturally for a while. Hope that makes sense and sorry for rambling. Just thinking out loud.
23 Apr 2014, 20:49
I've read under 50g carbs a day is hard core, 50-100g daily is the sweet-spot for easy weight loss, and 100-150g daily best for maintenance, depending on your individual metabolism of course.
24 Apr 2014, 11:38
I usually struggle with eating Low carb outside the house, and I'm working hard on it.

I investigated the office canteen yesterday, and found you can have the jacket fillers, without the jacket potato, so had a lovely lunch of pork with mushrooms in cider, with a salad. I went to a do after work - very nice buffet, and impressively low carb options - lovely little pieces of tuna steak, a chicken thing, nice olives, and other bits I cant remember now.

And how did I round off this delicious low carb day ? Had a Cornish pasty on the train on the way home (also wrecking my eating window) :curse: :curse:
24 Apr 2014, 11:46
My pee is purple

That's all.
Check out my result in bean and oates tent. If you are interested.
24 Apr 2014, 11:50
Oh dear, I had to have a giggle at that!! But I am the same and find I seriously crave carbs after a while without them. The fact that we have a pie warmer in the kitchen at work which wafts pies through the office most of the time, really doesn't help. And the guy next to me has a pie and sauce everyday without fail; some days I could strangle him.
I have alternated low carb with ADF and will see how I go.

Oh you show off :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
24 Apr 2014, 18:53
Pee one-up-man-ship :grin: :grin: :grin: now I've seen it all :shock: :wink: :razz:
24 Apr 2014, 21:35
Mine is pink. But I want purple too (stamps feet!!!!) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
24 Apr 2014, 21:43
Well you'll just have to learn 'deferred gratification' @Debs - another way of saying 'I can have it tomorrow'. #justjoking :wink:
24 Apr 2014, 22:04
Mine is pink, but I fear it's too much pickled beetroot!!
24 Apr 2014, 22:56
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
25 Apr 2014, 00:39
Today is not a fast day and I don't want to eat till lunch but got hungry around 10 am so I tried @Ballerina's tip of having a few spoons of thick cream ( yum!) and it worked perfectly. Thanks Ballerina :heart: :victory: :clover:
Yesterday I had lunch at a food mall and wanted a low carb option. I went to the kebab place. I got both meats chicken and beef and a Greek salad, then I played 50 cents extra for each diced tomato salad, cooked purple cabbage salad and garlic yoghurt dressing. It was so yummy. I ate about 2/3 RDS of it then my friends laughed at me when I put the leftovers in a container I had just bought from Daiso ( I am officially my mother now- and cannot waste food!) then my daughter happily ate it for dinner that night. Like @Minumonline using the potato fillers without the potato, its thinking outside the box when eating away from home. I just tried to copy TexMex's naked burrito but at a Lebanese eatery.
P.s. if you want to see a before photo of me 20 kilos ago reread my journey 1 year on in the. ' disappointed or delighted' section. I am so hopeless with computers poor Moogie had to add my photos.Thanks @Moogie! :heart: :victory: :heart: In the pic you will see my beautiful daughter and best friend who have both lost 10 KGSsince then ,not 5:2 but their own way.
Sorry for the ramble.
Xxx
25 Apr 2014, 01:29
Some good ideas there Julianna!
I have just had some of a cheese platter, minus the platter!!! Well, minus the crackers anyway!

Ok, still pink and the sugar cravings have started, that must be a good sign :confused: . Now to get out the other side without eating everything sweet thing in sight, :frown:
25 Apr 2014, 04:28
@julianna its lovely to see you - and yr daughter..i thought yr best friend was yr sister! X
25 Apr 2014, 07:58
@Julianna you look absolutely gorgeous in your new avatar, not looked at the others photographs yet but will do, what a difference, well done and yes, the d/cream trick works a treat for me, just a couple of teaspoons does it, others have their bullet coffee but I don't like coconut oil.

Ballerina x :heart:
25 Apr 2014, 09:59
I got the Carbs Counter book yesterday that I think @Ballerina recommended and then realised that I had less than 20g of carbs by yesterday evening....hmmmmm. Waiting for my keto sticks to arrive and then I am going to monitor what's going on with my body. I don't seem to be able to shift from between around 55.8k to 56.2k these days and have been maintaining at that weight for about six weeks: so I am going as low as I can for a couple of weeks and see if it works. I have still got a lot of fat hanging about on my stomach (not a pretty sight).
Previous 1 ... 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46 ... 96 Next
1436 posts Page 43 of 96