The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

1436 posts Page 44 of 96
Previous 1 ... 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47 ... 96 Next
Re: 2014 Low Carbers Tent
25 Apr 2014, 10:09
Interestingly, I looked back to a year ago on MFP, when I wasn't consciously low carbing, and I saw I had 789 cals and 25g carbs. I was consistently under 90g. No wonder I was so successful with my weight loss, even when my fast days were 700/800 cals!

I am going to have a hard boiled egg sarnie on Hovis wheatgerm brown for lunch and a jacket spud with my tea, to bring me in today at 70g.
25 Apr 2014, 10:16
Ah yes, PFT, cue 'Hovis' music and boy pushing bicycle laden with bread up a steep cobbled hill!

Just having a large mixed salad, tuna in chilli oil and avocado for dinner. Hopefully that will see me home to bed.
25 Apr 2014, 10:37
@Debsthat sounds nice, I'm on the black coffee at the moment.
@Pennyforthem light bulb moment there then. that's great info for those struggling.

As for my little carb experiment
I've not done a pee test today. but the scales are going down down down. 12.11 Monday 12.9 just now. :clover:
25 Apr 2014, 10:47
That is very good news carieoates, you can feel when it is going in the right direction can't you? Thank you for the cream tip ballerina, I may have to buy a small tub on Sunday, altough knowing the greedy rabble in our office, it will probably be snaffled! Maybe I should stick to the chia and coconut oil which looks like yoghurt and frogspawn, a lot more off putting if you don't know what it is!
25 Apr 2014, 11:31
Oh yes, the Hovis ad - filmed, IIRC, in Shaftsbury.
Mmmm... my sarnie is soooo nice!
25 Apr 2014, 18:04
Hi @Auriga hope you find the book as useful as I do. I was amazed to see that it is the same price that I paid for it 10 years ago, can't say that about many, if any, things. I know it seems such an old fashioned thing to chose a book over a computer source of information but sometimes I just find it easier and quicker to pick up a book, find the page and hey presto I have the information in less than 5 seconds, can't always say that about web sites.

Ballerina x :heart:
25 Apr 2014, 18:22
I seem to have eaten loads today and have ended today on 1562 calories and 86g carbs.
I felt really hungry first thing, unusually, so started with avocado on soda bread toast which did a very good job of filling me up until late afternoon.
If only I weighed a kilo less tomorrow ...
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
25 Apr 2014, 19:50
Arrived at the caravan and found the Remuska oven wasn't working, so it was plan B. Turkey steaks, smoked bacon, onion, celery, garlic and fresh tarragon (yes, it was on the caravan) in a low cal mushroom condensed soup with shirataki noodles.
Absolutley delicious and 13g carbs per portion.
39g carbs for the day. Too low for me, really, but I am sure I'll make it up tomorrow!
25 Apr 2014, 20:30
That sounds delicious PFT.
Well, after my low carb experiment this week, 20+ on Tuesday, 40+ on Wednesday, upped to 120 yesterday I wee'd a lot and by this morning I was 2lb down on the week and bang on target again. Thinking of trying it again next week. I'm not low anythinging today because it's FRIDAY neither will I for the rest of the weekend. Back on it again on Monday.
25 Apr 2014, 20:34
Great result @:like: Wendy Darling!
25 Apr 2014, 20:45
I am hungry and having my hairy beanburger to take me to 1150 cals, 61g carbs. I should sleep well!! I am also having a vodka and lemonade to aid said sleep!!
Must be up early for a tasting in a deli. Boooooger.
25 Apr 2014, 21:21
This low carbing seems to be working doesn't it.
I didn't count my cals or carbs today, but with fast, and low carb I feel like it's possibly going well.
26 Apr 2014, 00:28
Doesn't appear to be working for me unfortunately, weighed more again this morning despite coming on just around 20g. No ketones in evidence today either. Meanwhile in the Venting tent.........
26 Apr 2014, 10:21
I seem to be a bit stuck too @Debs these days. Low carbing and the window just keeps me at around 56k.....mustn't grumble though 'cos I am good with that, but......would love some wiggle room. :oops:
Previous 1 ... 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47 ... 96 Next
1436 posts Page 44 of 96