The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

1436 posts Page 45 of 96
Previous 1 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48 ... 96 Next
Re: 2014 Low Carbers Tent
26 Apr 2014, 14:17
Oh dear, oh deary, deary me! I have just done a sampling with the chutneys at a deli attached to a fine dining restaurant, where chef uses my mustards. Very daunting to see chefs tasting all the chutneys! But then, chef offered me a hot onion bread roll, fresh out of the oven and I devoured it like a hungry beast! We were all happy bunnies!
26 Apr 2014, 15:33
Wow congratulations @PennyForthem an amazing achievement for you sound very exciting :heart:
Watch the carbs with that roll :shock: I could just eat it now.
26 Apr 2014, 16:03
Hey! Be careful you two with those carbs! DANGER ZONE! :confused:
26 Apr 2014, 16:11
Calm down m'dears! It was a fine dining petit roll! I shall be under 100g carbs today and, as I have had my fibre for the day, too, I don't things will be hanging round too long, if you get my drift....
26 Apr 2014, 16:20
This might be interesting reading if you haven't come across it before:-

http://www.refusetoregain.com/2008/09/t ... -food.html
26 Apr 2014, 18:06
Very interesting article @auriga. My experience suggests I am not a sugar addict, and I think potatoes are Ok, but I don't trust myself with grains. I also bear in mind that just because I am not a sugar addict does not mean that it doesn't harm me.
27 Apr 2014, 08:37
Had a few carbs yesterday, rough guess 50g plus red wine.. A bacon roll and a full fat yog for brunch the nothing till 7 when we went to the kebab shop. This is the takeaway of choice for me when being mindful or low carbing. Plus daughter can have a chicken fillet burger so everyone's fed.

Anyhow, the reason for this post is that I couldn't eat it. A chicken kebab has a large brats, cooked on the grill with shredded salad and a pitta. I left loads. This time last week I would have stuffed the lot.

So is my de carbonation shrinking my stomach even more.
Weigh in this morning same as yesterday as well. :victory:
27 Apr 2014, 08:45
Well done Caroline that's some achievement, I'm having a weekend of caution then going LC for tomorrow's fast and beyond @rawkaren@justdee And my buddie @daydreamer21 are going to keep me company so
budge up you lot this tent is getting very busy. :clover: :clover: :clover:
27 Apr 2014, 09:28
Good luck Sue and crew. :clover: I look forward to seeing how you get on next week. I don't think I will shift 2lb again, but won't be unhappy if I do of course.
27 Apr 2014, 10:33
Get ready for many bathroom trips @sue.q
27 Apr 2014, 10:39
Hi ladies, I have set up camp in here for a while now. Serious low cab this week to kick those little ketones into touch, I am planning weird things with coconut oil and coconut cream and raspberries. I have the avocadoes ready, if they ever ripen, and the lowest carb nuts I can find, plus salad and veggies and small quantities of protein.
I want to 'decarbonate' like carioates and Sue.Q!!! :clover: :clover:
27 Apr 2014, 10:40
Good luck Debs

Ballerina x :heart:
27 Apr 2014, 10:42
Best of luck @Debs, you show those pesky ketones who's boss! :wink: :grin:
27 Apr 2014, 10:44
Oh, and creme fraiche Ballerina, couldn't find any unadulterated double cream!!

Thank you callyanna, I'm on the warpath!
27 Apr 2014, 10:56
Good luck, Debs!
I've just had a spicy bean burger for brunch at 27g carbs.
Think I'll join you all for a week of low carbing, as I'm getting a little lax about it.
Previous 1 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48 ... 96 Next
1436 posts Page 45 of 96