Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

1436 posts Page 46 of 96
Previous 1 ... 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49 ... 96 Next
Re: 2014 Low Carbers Tent
27 Apr 2014, 11:17
You are an open minded lot @izzy :grin:
27 Apr 2014, 11:41
Hi all, think I'm going to hang out here this week and try to get back on track. Have been lurking outside and listening to your conversations for some time now.

Thanks @Auriga for the link to "Refuse to Regain". I think I am one of those carb sensitive people. I have been keeping low carb for some time now ( < 70g and trying to be <60g daily) I like the app Carb Manager for tracking as you can set your daily limit and see how close you are to going over it. Also surprising amounts of carbs in "innocent" foods (1 medium apple = 21g !!)

Fri night I was at a house party where there were lots of lovely cheeses, pates and dips with breads and crackers. I got stuck in them and couldn't stop :shock: . And my weight was up 4 lb Sat am :shock: :cry: And then I had more bread and cake yesterday!! Lost 1 of the 4 lb today but this is bad :frown:

Now I have to get to my interim goal AGAIN. This was very scary. I could easily totally undo everything I have accomplished so far. I have my Ketostix and going to go back to low carb - after a liquids only fast today.
Bread Demon, I banish you! :lol:
27 Apr 2014, 11:55
Wendy Darling wrote: Get ready for many bathroom trips @sue.q

@Wendy Darling I know we do get a lot less sleep plus I also increased my liquids. having said that my diuretic meds when needed well I spend all day upstairs doing jobs more exercise though, just returned from a mini shop got a celeriac eventually but they're getting a little sparse now. :heart:
Good luck @Debs Another week another plan, but you're so right about us being obsessed with numbers whether they be scale or tape measure the wrong number coming up can ruin our day, I forgot my Fri weigh-in but on Saturday I'd gained 600g!! took one of my pee pills because my feet were puffy and today I'm feeling fine back in the zone.
Bring it on let's all decarbonate together.. :clover: :clover: :clover: :clover:
27 Apr 2014, 12:14
@Debs and everyone :clover: :clover: :clover:
27 Apr 2014, 12:26
I went out last night for a yummy Chinese meal and had couple of glasses of red when I got home. Put on 1lb. Was lovely though, too much work makes Jack a dull boy. Going to have a couple of roasties today too. Back on it tomorrow. Fasting tomorrow and Thursday and will low carb Tuesday and Wednesday but not too low because I'm still a bit scared of this, am thinking between 50 and 100. Bring it on
27 Apr 2014, 13:01
@Wendy Darling under 100 is fine, not extreme and should show you some results. How are you getting on with the increased fats :lol: or is that a daft question? I must admit now I know approximately what the carb values are in most of the foods I eat I no longer count carbs, it can get as tedious as counting calories, which I refuse to do AT ALL! I've come to the conclusion, it's only taken half a century, that there is no need to ever count calories, just reduce portions, I.e. EAT LESS! Wow, how insightful is that? :shock: :lol:

Ballerina x :heart:
27 Apr 2014, 14:18
I should patent that sayng shouldn't I.

Decarbonation......yeah baby.

Looking forward to sue and crew showing those pesky carbs the door. :clover:
27 Apr 2014, 18:32
Anyone have any good advice or tools/tips for controlling carb intake? I'm still struggling so much with this, no matter how hard I try :(
27 Apr 2014, 18:37
@daydreamer21 Hey buddie Sammy is exactly your problem bread potatoes rice or pasta? or all
27 Apr 2014, 18:45
Sue.Q wrote: @daydreamer21 Hey buddie Sammy is exactly your problem bread potatoes rice or pasta? or all

@Sue.Q well, mostly potatoes, although it can be rice/pasta depending on the meal. When I'm not fasting, I'm not usual in control of what is cooked for dinner. I also have a really bad sweet tooth, so biscuits/chocs are a real weakness for me :frown:
27 Apr 2014, 18:48
That's hard, not being in control of what you have for dinner @daydreamer21. I'd start with cutting out sweet things altogether for a few days, and you will start to lose your taste for sweet things, somewhat. But its a battle, and I've lost it this weekend. But I'm removing all sweet stuff from the house tonight so im set up for a good week tomoz
27 Apr 2014, 19:38
Sammy re:: the potatoes I know its hard because you probably have no control over the cooking etc but for me I'm OK until I eat so today I've done 19:5 had a veggie starter and a roast lamb dinner so now most of my evening meals I replace two thirds the potatoes with celeriac/turnip/pots I've just had an enormous amount of "mash" plus extra veggies and I'm stuffed, that was actually a low carb day ( oops red wine)
celeriac is so versatile it's lovely roasted and last week I cut a flat steak size piece blasted in m/wave then popped on BBQ courgette spaghetti is really tasty I'm still having rice but only as a weekly treat, bread I virtually gave up last year firstly to save calories but truthfully I can do without that.
unfortunately celeriac seem to be seasonal and a little rare in the supermarkets I'm still getting one weekly from a smaller veg shop, but for a few days trial you could bulk up with meat because that doesn't contain carbs.
Hope some of this helps you@daydreamer21 :clover: :clover:
27 Apr 2014, 19:45
Hello @Ballerina - I just had a big giggle when I read your wonderful post.

I had to see my Dr. last week and we were discussing my weight, and he came out with just those exact words - 'EAT LESS'! He made it sound so simple!

Of course you are right, we do forget about portion control at times.

cheers
Maggie :smile: :smile:
27 Apr 2014, 20:03
I have never thought about reducing carbs but have long suspected they do me damage weight wise. As part of regaining control I will look at reducing my carb intake generally
27 Apr 2014, 20:20
Yummy dinner tonight. Split chicken breast, filled with cream cheese, wrapped in bacon, Roasted for 30 mins, with mash made from celeriac and sprouts (lots nicer than it sounds) and peppers and onions roasted in pesto.
Previous 1 ... 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49 ... 96 Next
1436 posts Page 46 of 96