The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

1436 posts Page 47 of 96
Previous 1 ... 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50 ... 96 Next
Re: 2014 Low Carbers Tent
27 Apr 2014, 20:21
@Daydreamer21 could you ask whoever does the cooking for just a little potato, pasta or rice and more veg instead? I'm sure they wouldn't mind. Or how about offering to make dinner a couple of times a week? Hope you can find a way. As for the biscuits and chocolate, just don't have them. I could stuff myself with biscuits, chocolate, sweets and cake but I don't. I have something else instead or even nothing. A cup of tea usually suffices because I'm not hungry, I just fancy 'something nice.' I indulge once a week on a Friday evening. All you can do is say 'no' it does get easier the more you practice it. Good luck.
27 Apr 2014, 20:27
I had a chicken thigh, roasted, then put in tomatoey sauce with pre-roasted sweet peppers, red onion and shallots, and finished off on top of the stove - and a few jersey royals (small ones! :victory: ) the secret ingredient was a small spoonful of @PennyForthem's chili jam ...

And couldn't finish all the sauce, so have put away in the freezer :cool:

(Always love your food descriptions @minumonline - say them to myself in that M and S advert voice :lol: :lol: :lol:)
28 Apr 2014, 02:00
I have prepared a couple of low carb sweet treats to try and tame my sugar cravings. The first is coconut cream (1g per 100g carb), with raspberries and a sprinkle of chia. The second is coconut oil, almond meal (4g per 100g carb) and a small amount of cocoa (25g per 100g), but essential for that choccy/sugar craving. Just waiting for the coconut to set, will be interested to see how it tastes!
I was going to buy raw cacao, but at 10 times the price and more carb, I stuck to good old Bourneville cocoa!!
28 Apr 2014, 06:48
Wendy Darling wrote: @Daydreamer21 could you ask whoever does the cooking for just a little potato, pasta or rice and more veg instead? I'm sure they wouldn't mind. Or how about offering to make dinner a couple of times a week? Hope you can find a way. As for the biscuits and chocolate, just don't have them. I could stuff myself with biscuits, chocolate, sweets and cake but I don't. I have something else instead or even nothing. A cup of tea usually suffices because I'm not hungry, I just fancy 'something nice.' I indulge once a week on a Friday evening. All you can do is say 'no' it does get easier the more you practice it. Good luck.

@Wendy DarlingI live with my mother, and if you know my situation with her that's enough said lol. When I've done low carb before it's always been a battle with her
28 Apr 2014, 06:56
Yes, daydreamer, I know the story and completely sympathise with you. What would happen if you left the potatoes etc.,?
28 Apr 2014, 07:08
Debs wrote: Yes, daydreamer, I know the story and completely sympathise with you. What would happen if you left the potatoes etc.,?

@Debs it would be a battle but I've done it many times lol :like: Its hard when it's things like pasta/rice which make up the main component of a meal but I can just eat as minimal amount of those as possible. I have gone back down to my Easter target this morning, which I achieved before Easter so I'm feeling hopeful that if I low carb this week it will give it a much needed boost.
28 Apr 2014, 07:32
Good luck to you daydreamer, and well done on keeping to your Easter target, with a blip!!

Coconut oil, almond meal and cocoa powder. Mmmm, not too sure, still struggling with the oily mouth feel!
28 Apr 2014, 08:03
My low carb week is shaping up as a bit of a challenge. I'm at a foodie event this afternoon, out for lunch tomorrow and Thursday and away on Friday.
I shall try and compensate during other meals, though.
28 Apr 2014, 08:57
I envy you and your foodie events PFT!!
Well I am surprised, I have had a handful of nuts (low carb ones), half a cup of raspberries and a couple of 'dollops' of creme fraiche and I'm still full!! ,
28 Apr 2014, 10:44
Whoops. Just had a butter shortbread. 96 cals 6.1g carbs .
28 Apr 2014, 10:54
Oh no, did it thrust itself upon you?! :oops:
28 Apr 2014, 10:58
Yep Debs. It jumped into my mouth when I wasn't looking.
28 Apr 2014, 10:58
Fast day and low carbing . I felt like something'cheeseburgery' so I just invented this.
Fry 500 grams beef mince, add chopped onion,eggplant,cabbage, grated carrot and zucchini,packet dry French onion soup mix, splash white wine, 1/3 cup BBQ sauce,cup of water,cook on stove till eggplants cooked around 30 minutes then swirl a bit of BBQ sauce over top then sprinkle with tasty cheese and bake in oven till browned. I served it to the kids with a bread roll and told them to make their own sloppy joes, then hubs and I had ours served on a plate of iceberg lettuce and tomato. It was really yummy . don't ask me carbs or calories but I would allow 300 calories for dinner so I think around that.
Xxx
28 Apr 2014, 11:07
I have experimented with having chicken soup for supper on a fast day and found I feel brighter the next day. Protein boost perhaps? Though the plastic tubs some makes come in rip my fingers to shreds as I wrestle to undo them, they are Very Poor. Covent Garden soups come in friendly cartons, much better. (Other manufacturers are available.)
I also had two extremely thin slices of my home made soda bread with the soup last night and felt pleasantly full and still managed to be 900g lighter today. Hurrah, a better fast day than many recently.
My bread contains ground almonds so good protein in there too. Anyone want the recipe?
28 Apr 2014, 11:11
Yes I'm low carbing and fasting today and that sounds really nice @julianna saving that one. :heart:
@carieoates Naughty girl now zip it up :shock:
Done a fastday walk = 4*5 miles off to do a couple of hours in the garden before a long soak/bath, sonly liquids for me until evening meal then roast lamb dinner :like: :heart: :like: :heart:
Previous 1 ... 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50 ... 96 Next
1436 posts Page 47 of 96