The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

1436 posts Page 50 of 96
Previous 1 ... 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53 ... 96 Next
Re: 2014 Low Carbers Tent
01 May 2014, 19:48
This weeks going well for me, it's much easier than I imagined. I've not had my usual non-fastday toast for breakfast. For breakfast today I had an activia yogurt but that wasn't until 11:30ish. Today I did have a ham salad sandwich for lunch and a tortilla wrap with dinner but MFP said I'm still under 100g carbs so all is well with the world. I still haven't had potatoes, pasta or rice. I would have normally had one of these on nonfastdays but I've not missed them. By the way my week is only a 5 day week, I'm keeping my weekends. On Saturdays (weigh in day) I can't eat very much because it's the day after a fast and on Sundays we go out for breakfast (croissant and coffee) and then later I make a sunday roast. So really I've only been low carbing for 4 days, 2 of them were fast days so wouldn't have eaten carbs anyway and then there is today were I have eaten carbs, so really I've only done one day low carbs (laughs at self) no wonder I'm finding it really easy. (still laughing at self) :lol: I've got to stop typing, I feel like such a fraud :lol: :lol:
01 May 2014, 23:41
Morning all. Well I am back at the weight I was at the end of Feb, so the big question is whether this decarbonation will get me through that barrier.
I am doing extremely low carb until Tues when I fly back to Perth on r&r, hopefully that will be enough to kick start things.
Justdee, do those Activia yoghurts have a lot of sugar?@Sue.Q, sorry to hear that your cravings are still bad. Mine have eased off by having coconut cream and raspberries but I fear they could easily cook in again without too much trouble.
I haven't told OH I am doing this as he wouldn't be overly impressed with such extreme efforts, but by the time I see him next week, I can go back to normal. A bit!! He lives on pasta and is very lean! How different we are!!! :confused:
02 May 2014, 08:57
Well done @Debs Back on track hopefully for you,
My LC week was OK I'm managing to make my main meals quite low and a small 300g loss this week but not returned to my lower weight when we trialed together as I've said the
sugar monster is trying to sabotage each and every day for me but I'm motivated by that loss which is good for me. :heart:
@justdee You're sounding in a good place what with the walks then the bicycle ride and lowering your carbs
I do find that lowering them puts me on a high and walking adds to that high also acting as a suppressant for me,
Dee you'll remember more than most my motivation and highs of last year all down to decarbonate/in. Lol
Its taken me a very long time to come to that conclusion nevertheless that was my "key".
Doing a 20:4 today as were out later meal with friends probably 3 course with wine deffo
(our turn to take wine+dessert ) my friend knows I'm fasting so she chooses wisely for me which is very good of her.
Good luck Low Carbers. :clover: :clover: :clover:
02 May 2014, 10:16
Well done @sue.q a loss is a loss. Here's to next week :drink: . Have a lovely time with your friends and enjoy the wine + dessert. To be honest I'll be happy when this week is over (only got to get through today). I don't like counting anything and my non-fastday have felt like I'm on a diet. I don't like that. I find it hard to over eat the day after a fast anyway so trying to stay away from carbs too has made it too diety for me. I am in a good place at the mo sue and I think the walking is more beneficial to me than the low carb, we will see tomorrow on the scale, although if I have lost weight I'm not going to know if it's down to the walking or the low carb. One things for sure I'll keep walking and I'll be knocking the low carb on the head. I don't know how you all do it.
02 May 2014, 10:23
Well done @sue.q. Well I have lost more than 2lb's this week so far (and today is a fast day), without cutting carbs. In fact carbs have been my mainstay. However I have had no added sugars at all. How have I done it? Just eating fruit and veg on non fast days (at TDEE) and veg on fast days.
I'm now at the same weight I was this time last year which means I still have some catching up to do......
02 May 2014, 10:32
My weekly weigh-in today as I'm not doing a full fast until next week.

Da da da da da da darrrrrrr 12.7.8. That's right 12.7.8. That's a 4 lb loss in a fortnight due to low carbing.

I'm sticking with this until I go away with the hubs in 27days. Yipeeeeeee.
Just off to update all my trackers with a big massive, gigantic smile on my face.

Well done @rawkaren, @Debs and the @Sue.Q crew.
02 May 2014, 10:35
@carieoates. Doing that happy dance for you. :victory: :victory: :victory: :victory:
02 May 2014, 10:41
Nice work carieoates, very encouraging!!
02 May 2014, 11:02
Well done @carieoates what a great result.
02 May 2014, 11:38
Great results there!!

I boiled a gammon yesterday and studded it with cloves and a honey and mustard dressing and popped it in the oven. I'm munching on cold gammon and home made pickled beetroot and very nice it is too!
02 May 2014, 12:07
Dee I'm not counting my carbs either but I did do a curiosity check on a few item when I did that trial with Debs for instance I know potatoes are high + turnip is less than half their carbs and that celeriac is low so I use both these instead of the pots allowing myself rice and a jacket weekly for now, and pasta usually every couple of weeks @justdee. :clover: :clover: :clover:
02 May 2014, 22:14
Wow @rawkaren Sounding all good from you and you're moving in the right direction even with all your carbs amazing we've all got different "keys" glad you've
found yours.

A well earned happy dance from you @carieoates
well done. :clover:
03 May 2014, 01:33
Hello ladies,
Still low carbing and fat burning although the weight crept up again this morning so still 900g to my magic target :frown: . Still, I live in hope. Had a small bowl of untoasted muesli this morning and feel a serious attack of the munchies coming on today so I shall be nibbling nuts and creme fraiche again!
03 May 2014, 07:33
Well done cattieoates! That's inspiring!
03 May 2014, 07:48
Thanks @julianna. Not sure I've been called cattie before, but Lordy this predictive is soooo funny sometimes.
Let's hope it continues despite this long weekend.
Previous 1 ... 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53 ... 96 Next
1436 posts Page 50 of 96