The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

1436 posts Page 54 of 96
Previous 1 ... 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57 ... 96 Next
Re: 2014 Low Carbers Tent
09 May 2014, 09:16
Can't abide mushy peas or bread and butter!
Grandkids and I made fruit scones yesterday and we enjoyed scoffing them!
09 May 2014, 10:53
carieoates wrote: I know it's going to have artificial sweetener in, but I'm making panacotta for the hubs today. He's doing two weeks Atkins attack to get his weight loss going. His choice I tried to get him to 5.2. He was desperate for a sweet treat last night. Got all sulky and went to bed nearly.
He's got serious sugar cravings. So double cream, coconut cream and good chocolate on the shopping list today.

I wonder if there are any comparisons between Atkins and 5:2 out there @carieoates? It will be interesting to see how your hubby does on the Atkins regime, do let me know because I am interested. I guess it boils down to extreme low carb with Atkins to start with.
09 May 2014, 10:56
I tried it for about five days but the carb cravings get so bad, I find it really hard to do it any longer. The new Atkins advocates low fat foods too which is an interesting departure.
09 May 2014, 11:02
Debs wrote: I tried it for about five days but the carb cravings get so bad, I find it really hard to do it any longer. The new Atkins advocates low fat foods too which is an interesting departure.

That IS interesting Debs, I would have thought introducing low fat foods would conflict with the low carb WOE as so many low fat foods have added sugars and starchy fillers to compensate for the lack of fat! :confused: :bugeyes:
09 May 2014, 11:07
callyanna wrote:
Debs wrote: I tried it for about five days but the carb cravings get so bad, I find it really hard to do it any longer. The new Atkins advocates low fat foods too which is an interesting departure.

That IS interesting Debs, I would have thought introducing low fat foods would conflict with the low carb WOE as so many low fat foods have added sugars and starchy fillers to compensate for the lack of fat! :confused: :bugeyes:

You're right that is a new departure and they are indeed full of carb fillers and sugar.
09 May 2014, 11:44
I agree, I looked on their website and it was saying about finding low fat food under 2% fat as the Dukan diet does. I would rather go small amounts of full fat.
09 May 2014, 11:46
He's got an app which tells him on the spot what he can eat, so even like today when he's had to go into London he might still be able to get low carb stuff.

The app said put cream in your coffee still. :?:

We both did really well on Atkins, and I tried dukan , but as I've said previously I don't like all of the artificial this that and the other. He actually eats very healthily but likes a beer of three and a white wine in the eves. So this way he knows he can't have any for a fortnight. He may or may not do it. But he's giving it a good go. Also I think he wants to look good on Hols.

So I've maintained my losses of the last two weeks. I'm happy seeing as I've not fasted as much, not exercised as much, had sons 18th birthday and of course the long weekend.

Now armed with chai, very nice indeed, creamed coconut and some high quality chocolate.
11 May 2014, 21:38
16:8 and low carb for me this week. Anyone else?
12 May 2014, 05:34
WD I will be trying to stick to lower carb first part of the week, getting the 2 fasts in today and Wed before going away end of the week (and of course meeting PFT and the gang on Friday :lol: ) always do 16:8 on weekdays :wink:
12 May 2014, 05:37
Bert, you aren't really up are you?!
12 May 2014, 05:39
Yep. Bin awake since 5.30am, now 6.40, so cup of tea and on 'ere. Sorry to miss you yesterday!
12 May 2014, 05:41
Poor you! I have just seriously blown my low carb with a huge piece of carrot and coconut cake. Gggrrrr, no will power whatsoever.
12 May 2014, 05:42
Presume you are still 'out', ie not back at work??
12 May 2014, 05:58
Liquid fast today, then low carb 16:8 till the weekend. Brownies, beer, biscuits and bread rather scuppered any LC this weekend.

Good luck to all this week
12 May 2014, 06:02
Now my hubs has got purple wee. Thank goodness he was beginning to get fed up waiting. Took 3 days. So fingers crossed for him. And I'm continuing with low carb, and 4.3 with a jot of 16.8. That's basically my regular way these days.
Previous 1 ... 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57 ... 96 Next
1436 posts Page 54 of 96