The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

1436 posts Page 56 of 96
Previous 1 ... 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59 ... 96 Next
Re: 2014 Low Carbers Tent
19 May 2014, 13:19
Lucky you @Ballerina. Sounds like a great holiday. I assume you continued to do the 16:8 while in this carb fest? If so, "eating window" seems to trump "low carb" for weight maintenance. Food (low carb :grin: ) for thought. :?:
19 May 2014, 13:26
Hi Judithn,

You could be right as I made sure, other than on the one cake day, that I only ate cheese or ham for breakfast but for half the time I did without breakfast completely so who knows? I certainly don't

Ballerina x :heart:
19 May 2014, 15:06
What a lucyk @ballerina You are :clover: :clover:
My gain two days after returning and back2back was 4kg!!!!
Because of that I didn't measure, well done keep the tape handy to keep an eye on things :clover: :clover: :clover:
Lucky lucky girl :mrgreen:
20 May 2014, 07:00
Well first day today. Fasted yesterday so normal day today except for.....No bread. I have a small pop of hummus and a couple of carrots. See how it goes I suppose. :)
20 May 2014, 07:44
Enjoy low carb Phil - it means you can have the yummy stuff we often deny ourselves - streaky bacon, Greek yoghurt, over ripe cheese, hollondaise sauce, butter etc etc
24 May 2014, 19:34
Yesterday's shopping trip I got 2 x 21day matured ribeye steaks wow very tasty/juicy and tender medium cooked on my George served with full salad and a slice of celeriac pinged in m/wave then sprinkled with cajun spices and blasted on George while the steaks were resting ( did hubby a jacket) but bet my celeriac "steak" was far tastier than his jacket, both enjoyed meals and will repeat the grilled celeriac deffo!!
Recommended to all
:heart: Love my George. :heart:
24 May 2014, 19:42
Sue.Q wrote: Yesterday's shopping trip I got 2 x 21day matured ribeye steaks wow very tasty/juicy and tender medium cooked on my George served with full salad and a slice of celeriac pinged in m/wave then sprinkled with cajun spices and blasted on George while the steaks were resting ( did hubby a jacket) but bet my celeriac "steak" was far tastier than his jacket, both enjoyed meals and will repeat the grilled celeriac deffo!!
Recommended to all
:heart: Love my George. :heart:

Oh that sounds good @Sue.Q, another way to try celeriac! Thanks for the idea!
24 May 2014, 19:55
Wow @sue.q I am going to try that
24 May 2014, 21:08
@philxjr how's the low carb going ?
24 May 2014, 21:24
@sue.q my Mum has just got a 'george' on advice from my dad's carers, and we will be testing tomoz with some dry cure bacon - bacon butties here we come (oooh soz, forgot this was the low carb tent :shock: :lol: )
24 May 2014, 21:35
@Silverdarling Bacon is allowed in my tent any day
The bread is limited though and George will cook your mums bacon in no time at all and perfectly :like: :clover:
25 May 2014, 06:55
https://andrewjamesworldwide.com/UserCo ... SlKufw_wcB

I've bought one of these for the hubby as we had to send our new BBQ back , works inside and out as powered by electric. Haven't used it yet, but my sis goes mad for it.
25 May 2014, 12:27
I've done well with my meals over the last week, but then eaten cake and puddings, and un done my good work, so still stuck 3 lbs above my pre-Easter weight :frown:

So I've gone to Aldi, and bought some frozen summer fruit, and creme fraiche, so I can give myself a little blast of sweetness once a day as my treat, and am going to be strictly no other sugar, till these pounds are shifted
25 May 2014, 13:18
Excellent @minumonline I'm the same, just shared a lemon and sultana danish. I try to have no sugar during the week and then be a bit more wey hey at weekends. I have full fat total Greek yoghurt and raspberries during the week for a sweet treat. I like the idea of having the frozen berries on tap.
25 May 2014, 14:36
My hubs insists on calling our Foreman grill the 'George Formby', must get it out of the cupboard and start using it more often.
Previous 1 ... 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59 ... 96 Next
1436 posts Page 56 of 96